PDA

View Full Version : Stern drops the ball on Letterman

FreedomProsperityPeace
01-11-2008, 02:26 AM
I knew he wasn't a real Ron Paul supporter. Dave gave him the chance to endorse Dr. Paul on his show tonight, and he didn't do it. Dave served it up for him, even mentioning Ron Paul by name, and Stern didn't follow through.

He said there were so many guys he couldn't keep track of them all. Then, he said he would wait until they were down to two or three, and then he would jump in.

Right at the end, he said he "liked Giuliani", before Dave moved on. http://www.ronpaulforums.com/gfx_RedWhiteBlue/icons/icon13.gif What a schmuck! :rolleyes:

kushaze
01-11-2008, 02:28 AM
Stern has always said that he liked Giuliani. He has been friends with Giuliani since Giuliani was mayor. Nothing new here.

FrankRep
01-11-2008, 02:29 AM
This doesn't bother me. Not a big Stern fan.

adpierce
01-11-2008, 02:34 AM
I know I may catch all kinds of flack for saying this but ... maybe Guiliani is the closest to Dr. Paul on that debate stage. He's retarded on foreign policy but on economics Guiliani has a little bit of sense. He understands that taxation lowers general prosperity. If the federal government really wants to increase it's revenue tax cuts may not be a poor method to achieve it.... as counter-intuitive as it may seem. Fred Thompson is similar to Dr. Paul in economic theory as well... they hold back though on some key issues. I've totally been convinced the FED needs to go... none of these bastards will do that. They wouldn't even allow competing currencies... it's like they want the dollar to tank. What's in it for them? Do they have investments in Yen... maybe the Euro?

FreedomProsperityPeace
01-11-2008, 02:38 AM
Stern has always said that he liked Giuliani. He has been friends with Giuliani since Giuliani was mayor. Nothing new here.
Well, I've been reading about how Howard has been talking about Ron Paul on his show for the past few days. I got the impression that he supported him.

Taco John
01-11-2008, 02:41 AM
I know I may catch all kinds of flack for saying this but ... maybe Guiliani is the closest to Dr. Paul on that debate stage.

Oh good grief...

phoenixrising
01-11-2008, 02:44 AM
youtube??

stern is impressed w/what about RP he has learned...he's even said he doesn't know much about him..so wouldn't you think endorsement is premature in this regard?? not to be taken SERIOUSLY??..then further statements would have more credibility.

i don't even listen to stern.. for various reasons...yet i do believe he'd have a wider knowledge base if he had RP on his show..just by the indications he has made thusfar.

stern has a huge following...it may be prudent to investigate this avenue further by HQ

angrydragon
01-11-2008, 02:49 AM
Oh geez, why do you think Howard would endorse Dr. Paul, though he did say some good things about him.

Not everyone that says good things about Dr. Paul is going to endorse Dr. Paul.

V-rod
01-11-2008, 02:51 AM
Well, I've been reading about how Howard has been talking about Ron Paul on his show for the past few days. I got the impression that he supported him.

Buddy, in this forum when someone says a positive thing about Paul in the media, it's automatically posted on a thread as "OMG SO-AND-SO Endorsed PAUL!1!!1!!!". It can be quite irritating of the lack of IQ level among some here.

FreedomProsperityPeace
01-11-2008, 02:53 AM
He doesn't even have to endorse him. A positive comment on national TV would be enough. He didn't acknowledge Dr. Paul at all. Anybody watching wouldn't think Howard even knew who he was.

Ben Elliott
01-11-2008, 03:47 AM
Even on his show Stern didn't really go into detail on who Ron Paul was, or why he supported him. He named a few things and Stern said he agreed with him. He always had the air of, "Eh I don't really know this guy but he's alright."

He still could have said something though.

FireofLiberty
01-11-2008, 04:16 AM
So when does Ron Paul actually go on Letterman?

Also, YouTube or it didn't happen.

FreedomProsperityPeace
01-11-2008, 08:24 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boGC9K4Q9Iw (starts @ 4:17)

itshappening
01-11-2008, 08:26 AM
will Letterman have Ron Paul on? Dave is smart he must relish having Paul on.

Falseflagop
01-11-2008, 09:15 AM
You have to understand STERN from before he did his Sirius deal. He does everything for listenership. He knows the size of the group. ANd knows if he utters RP'S name people will be glued to their radio's so he can make millions. Until he is on record do not waste your time. He did the same thing with the SIRIUS DEAL!