PDA

View Full Version : michio kaku

RPFP
01-11-2008, 02:03 AM
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1402171697673680032&q=michio+kaku+duration%3Along&total=8&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=1

If you have not watched this video watch it. Michio Kaku is theoretical physicist an is frequently on the science channel. In this video he describes the future of the world and different "types" of global civilization. He goes on to explain how the world is heading for a global civilization and that people who disagree with global civilization are terrorists.

I have such mixed feelings about this. Watch this video and please tell me how you all feel. One side of me wants to explore space and become a transgalatic species. The other side of me wants to be humble and fight the fight we are fighting now. This video has made me think more than just about anything else. I am really confused on how I should feel about this video.

Please watch this video, I would like to discuss this at detail please. After you watch it you will know my problem and how i'm confused. You all will be as well.

grfgerger
01-11-2008, 02:57 AM
He is an idealist.

The "star trek" global civilization might be a good idea a very long time into the future but human civilization is not yet ready for it. We can see socialized societies that work very well in nature such as ant colonies and a 'collective consciousness' and global society could eventually help us survive as a species in a harsh universe.

This stuff is not applicable today, though.

RPFP
01-11-2008, 03:01 AM
So when will the world be ready? What qualifies the planet to be ready for such a undertaking?

Compulsive1
01-11-2008, 06:04 AM
Well, the one problem with his assertion that EU is a beginning of type 1 civilization is the fact that it is imposed on people by other people with no regard for individual rights. Those people don't lead by example and by honest persuasion and open discussion, but they impose their vision and will through coercion and deceit. There were outright rejections of EU in some countries in Europe through popular vote, yet the EU was forced on them anyway by their elitist leaders. France and Holland come to mind, but there might be more of them. European Central Bank is as morally corrupt as our Federal Reserve. It's set up just like the Fed- outside of government influence- therefore not accountable for its exploitations. The bankers are running the show in Europe under a slightly different pretense. But the idea is the same. Propagate the current system of debt based economy through expansion into fresh markets. It's the only way they can postpone a collapse of the system.
Michio Kaku is a brilliant physicist, but his vision of a collaborating global civilization is rather naive. Evolution of human species is not as fast as progress of science. We are individualistic creatures and agree to form groups when it suits our individual goals. We are not happy when forced into circumstances that don't benefit us. It's a give and take.
His vision of global society is based on Utopian principles of give only. To suggest that a person who prefers to remain independent is a terrorist is very wrong.