PDA

View Full Version : Rudy used the word 'Islamic' 0 times tonight?

Liberty Star
01-11-2008, 01:41 AM
I heard him using the word terrorist only once too.
In previous debates, he had seemed too excited to point that he was the only one using terms like 'Islamic fundamentalists' or 'Islamic terrorists' and was going after Dems for not employing that phrase even once.

Is he changing strategy because he has slipped to 9% in polls nationally?

polexi
01-11-2008, 01:43 AM
Didn't hear 9/11 either.

aricart
01-11-2008, 01:45 AM
I'm pretty sure he said it once . . .

pacelli
01-11-2008, 01:46 AM
I heard him using the word terrorist only once too.
In previous debates, he had seemed too excited to point that he was the only one using terms like 'Islamic fundamentalists' or 'Islamic terrorists' and was going after Dems for not employing that phrase even once.

Is he changing strategy because he has slipped to 9% in polls nationally?

He might be changing strategies because in the ABC debate Paul accused him of trying to make all Muslims look bad.

tropicangela
01-11-2008, 01:47 AM
Maybe it was ppl's reactions to his recent TV ad... which was completely disgusting and war mongering.

Liberty Star
01-11-2008, 01:48 AM
I think you are right, I also didn't hear 9/11 either even once.

That's a very interesting shift, his rhetoric seemed radically different from his first couple of debates. Perhaps he's realizing Hope/Change message overall has way more appeal this time around and people no longer respond to same old same fear message and just ignore it many having overplayed it.

dkim68
01-11-2008, 01:50 AM
Did Romney say "Jihadist" or "Ahmadinejad" tonight? He always has to get those in at least 10 times per debate.

Liberty Star
01-11-2008, 01:54 AM
Romney's big mouth may have caused some damage to US foreign policy and whatever trust we had left with military dictator Musharaf. He was talking to his assistant military General in public tonight just because someone had briefed him on his name. Romney is clueless on foreign policy.

lasenorita
01-11-2008, 01:54 AM
No?! You think he may have started reading those books Paul sent him?