PDA

View Full Version : We must wake up. We need marketing help.

TNFreedom
01-11-2008, 01:17 AM
I make a conscious effort to be a positive person everyday. I truly hate to bring a negative tone into this positive movement that I have come to love, but I'm saying this because I want us to win.

Listen up. Compared to most of yall, I am brand new to this movement. I love it. I have had more fun truly learning about our government and its history in the past week than I have had in a long time. People at my job are looking at me funny and telling me I look like a zombie...why?....because I can't get to bed before 4am because I can't stop following wiki links. When I walk into the office I feel like Ed Norton in fight club. I am telling you all this so you all won't immediately call me a troll. I'm not even really sure what a troll is to tell you the truth.

I think Dr. Paul did fantastic tonight. I jumped off the couch multiple times. I know all of you guys did too. But nobody else did. Did the Fox focus groups seem like BS? Yes, they seemed quite staged. But my family and friends weren't in the staged focus groups. They all think he did horrible. My dad is an extremely intelligent lifelong Republican. He said he felt sorry for him up there because he kept doing so poorly over and over. I had a friend call me to apologize....being genuinely nice..."sorry man, I think its really great you're so fired up for him, I know you wanted him to do better." Me: you must have saw that after poll focus group BS that skewed you!!.......Him: Uhh no, I just think he did terrible. He seemed like an absolute crazy man, I didn't have a clue what he was talking about all night."

One of the key things that attracted me to Ron Paul is that he doesn't ever waiver or change his stance or message. But alot of people just aren't getting it. There is not 1/100th of the conspiracy stuff going on that you guys think there is (although I have been reading some things lately that really have me wishing I had taken the blue pill). People aren't out to get him, his official campain just isn't doing as good a job as the other guys and we are losing because of that reason alone. So I have a two part wake up. Wake up #1. We are trying to win the Republican nomination and as far as Republicans go for the most part, the only people that think Ron Paul won tonight are the people already on our side. Wakeup #2. If we want to win, if we want to really play with the big boys we need a strategy and by strategy I mean a marketing plan. All these other guys have it and thats why they are getting more votes. Here is an extremely simple example of some questions you should ask while developing a marketing plan:

Who is our customer? What do we know about our customer? What does our customer know/think about us? What can we do to make it more likely that our desired customer will be buy our product? IE....how can we tailor our value proposition (core message) so that our customer 1. Notices/begins to understand our product....2. Finds something that is attractive about our product.

Dr. Paul's needs marketing help. Period, end of story. This needs to be done from the top at the campaign level. We at the grassroots level have the bottom up strategy covered. We need a top down strategy immediately if we are going to get the rest of the party to understand and take notice of our product in time to win this thing. How can we make this happen?

canadianforronpaul
01-11-2008, 01:51 AM
Huckabee hired a campaign guru Ed Rollins and it sure didn`t seem to hurt him any
http://californiaforhuckabee.blogspot.com/2007/12/ed-rollins-named-national-campaign.html

I can`t see how tonight would win anyone over that was seeing him for the first time. I hate to say that because I want for him to do well so very badly, but tonight wasn`t it. When I see all the posts saying what a great performance, I too think sure - to the converted. I wish Dr Paul would finish one sentence before starting 2 others as well - as much as I don`t want to see him plasticized by a hollywood makeover, he needs to slow down a bit and make his messages clear to hit some home runs to the unconverted. A good campaign manager would have told him that by now. If we don't see weaknesses we can't improve on them.

Some have suggested the Paul campaign is waiting slyly to release the big guns - I'm not so sure about that, but if it's so I'd say they'd best put that $20m to use now.

pacelli
01-11-2008, 01:57 AM
I think he needed to give such a forceful performance tonight. He was in the middle of a viper's nest and the grassroots was in the middle of fragmenting over his apparent reluctance to stand up for himself. I believe he did this for us. His pre-debate email demonstrated it.

As far as your marketing plan, I agree. I hope the campaign has this sorted out.

mokkan88
01-11-2008, 01:58 AM
Well, like you said, you're new. :)

And while I don't believe in 9/11 truthing per se, I think you'll come to realize in time that there is a lot of validity to some of the conspiracies. It's not comfortable to think about and trust me, a lot of us wish we'd taken the blue pill, but there is an active movement in the media to keep Ron Paul censored. Even channels that occasionally appear to make objective statements like CNN have an agenda that would be threatened under a Paul administration. (Their power to lobby would be hindered, for example. Among other things, of course.)

mokkan88
01-11-2008, 01:59 AM
I think he needed to give such a forceful performance tonight. He was in the middle of a viper's nest and the grassroots was in the middle of fragmenting over his apparent reluctance to stand up for himself. I believe he did this for us. His pre-debate email demonstrated it.

I think you're right. I think tonight he was sending us a message: "You guys have stuck up for me and our message, and tonight, I'm going to do the same for you guys."

Derek Johnson
Get your asses [please] in the nursing homes with a fistfull of slim jims and a good power point presentation and a projector....

NOW!

Liberty Star
I agree.
Campaign needs to being in some new talent and they may already be doing that, better ads are needed and some more aggressive marketing hitting the right issues consistent with RP message.

legion
01-11-2008, 02:09 AM
Don't get fired for Ron Paul.

It's important but not that important.

phoenixrising
01-11-2008, 02:28 AM
I make a conscious effort to be a positive person everyday. I truly hate to bring a negative tone into this positive movement that I have come to love, but I'm saying this because I want us to win.

Listen up. Compared to most of yall, I am brand new to this movement. I love it. I have had more fun truly learning about our government and its history in the past week than I have had in a long time. People at my job are looking at me funny and telling me I look like a zombie...why?....because I can't get to bed before 4am because I can't stop following wiki links. When I walk into the office I feel like Ed Norton in fight club. I am telling you all this so you all won't immediately call me a troll. I'm not even really sure what a troll is to tell you the truth.

I think Dr. Paul did fantastic tonight. I jumped off the couch multiple times. I know all of you guys did too. But nobody else did. Did the Fox focus groups seem like BS? Yes, they seemed quite staged. But my family and friends weren't in the staged focus groups. They all think he did horrible. My dad is an extremely intelligent lifelong Republican. He said he felt sorry for him up there because he kept doing so poorly over and over. I had a friend call me to apologize....being genuinely nice..."sorry man, I think its really great you're so fired up for him, I know you wanted him to do better." Me: you must have saw that after poll focus group BS that skewed you!!.......Him: Uhh no, I just think he did terrible. He seemed like an absolute crazy man, I didn't have a clue what he was talking about all night."

One of the key things that attracted me to Ron Paul is that he doesn't ever waiver or change his stance or message. But alot of people just aren't getting it. There is not 1/100th of the conspiracy stuff going on that you guys think there is (although I have been reading some things lately that really have me wishing I had taken the blue pill). People aren't out to get him, his official campain just isn't doing as good a job as the other guys and we are losing because of that reason alone. So I have a two part wake up. Wake up #1. We are trying to win the Republican nomination and as far as Republicans go for the most part, the only people that think Ron Paul won tonight are the people already on our side. Wakeup #2. If we want to win, if we want to really play with the big boys we need a strategy and by strategy I mean a marketing plan. All these other guys have it and thats why they are getting more votes. Here is an extremely simple example of some questions you should ask while developing a marketing plan:

Who is our customer? What do we know about our customer? What does our customer know/think about us? What can we do to make it more likely that our desired customer will be buy our product? IE....how can we tailor our value proposition (core message) so that our customer 1. Notices/begins to understand our product....2. Finds something that is attractive about our product.

Dr. Paul's needs marketing help. Period, end of story. This needs to be done from the top at the campaign level. We at the grassroots level have the bottom up strategy covered. We need a top down strategy immediately if we are going to get the rest of the party to understand and take notice of our product in time to win this thing. How can we make this happen?

in response:this is a pretty good article as far as what **needs** to be done, RP can do this...yet things need to change

http://blog.nj.com/njv_paul_mulshine/2008/01/this_rons_no_reagan.html

legion
01-11-2008, 02:40 AM

good article

canadianforronpaul
01-11-2008, 02:51 AM
in response:this is a pretty good article as far as what **needs** to be done, RP can do this...yet things need to change

Good article - but it may fall on deaf ears around here - again I loved the content of his responses but reading some threads around here you'd think Ron Paul was just elected president tonight http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=85904

ChooseLiberty
01-11-2008, 03:04 AM
Good article. I've been complaining about lack of professional marketing since Iowa.

The campaign staff doesn't seem to have the will to win.

angrydragon
01-11-2008, 03:05 AM
Yes, some great marketing wouldn't hurt, maybe someone with a huge sports marketing background too.

faisal
01-11-2008, 03:11 AM
Super Bowl!!!!!

noztnac
01-11-2008, 03:12 AM
I'm thinking outside the box. Look at my thread on Roy Jones Jr's back.

expatinireland
01-11-2008, 04:20 AM
I came to the conclusion that Ron Paul's top campaign staff doesn't have a clue when I watched the town hall meeting in Manchester.

The staging was absolutely dreadful. Any college drama or radio/TV graduate could have done better. Not only was the backdrop sloppy but here was Ron Paul with grey hair in a grey suit standing before a grey background. The campaign was totally in control here and they could at least have made the setting look presidential. No excuses whatsoever for this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VQcpmfT0f4&feature=user

We are actually lucky that the town hall meeting was only seen by a few people (other than loyal followers|) connected to Manchester cable TV.

I personally am not giving another cent to the campaign unless I see some of the top campaign staff replaced with people who have proven they can win campaigns at the national level or have performed to a like standard in the business world.

I guess I made the silly assumption that the campaign was out to win but they seem to be content with delivering a message (and poorly at that!).

RonPaulalways
01-11-2008, 04:21 AM
I'm sorry, I don't mean to be combative, but what are you talking about? His electability answer alone totally destroyed the neocon ideology that all the other candidates are banking on. He did exactly what he needed to do: firmly defend his position and display enough confidence to go on the offensive.