PDA

View Full Version : How did YOU first learn about Ron Paul?

UnitedWeStand
01-11-2008, 12:47 AM
When considering how to reach others, Im wondering how all of us found our way to Ron Paul.

For me=
1. a duo of homemade roadsigns
a)Do you miss the constitution?
b) so does Ron Paul!

didnt check into him at that point, but recalled it afterwards

2. my husband showed me a you tube video of him speaking (not even sure about what at this point since the next few evenings were so youtube filled=)

dvictr
01-11-2008, 12:48 AM
may 2007 debate..

i have studied liberalism for many years and was in shock that we have the real deal

Ayse
01-11-2008, 12:57 AM
Interview at Google after I heard about his fund raising.

shasshas
01-11-2008, 12:57 AM
a star in the sky and 3 WISE MEN

UNC08
01-11-2008, 12:58 AM
The first GOP debate.

AlbemarleNC0003
01-11-2008, 01:01 AM
Someone posted a picture of him on bannination.com. Some sort of flashing gif calling him a kook. It was about 4 months ago.

smartguy911
01-11-2008, 01:03 AM
saw him at the debate and my jaw dropped. Got on my computer, fired my firefox and watched tons of youtube videos and fell in love with his message.

nosebruise
01-11-2008, 01:04 AM
i'd heard his name floating around but after the last few years i was SO disenfranchised with politics, i literally hated hearing about them. like at all.

i clicked on a youtube video a friend posted without knowing what it was, and just let it play to see what it was and what it was talking about.

2 minutes later and i was on youtube for the next 2 days. finally a candidate who was for just about everything i believed in, who was saying things i've said for years when talking with friends about politics. someone who was ACTUALLY gaining support, someone whose ACTUALLY HONEST!?

hes a fucking dream candidate. i was pretty much dumbfounded and overjoyed that something i felt so strongly about was being embraced by others. and that one of the most intelligent, and quite possibly the most honest person in politics today.

ron has a couple shortcomings, but to me he is pretty much the embodiment of what a presidential candidate should be.

Talcott
01-11-2008, 01:07 AM
The news blog whatreallyhappened.com

Cindy
01-11-2008, 01:08 AM
Last April, someone at another Political forum posted an old youtube video of paul laying into Greenspan during a committee hearing.

I was like HOLY SH*T! He said that to him, and he's a Congressmen?:eek:

I got hyper excited with thoughts racing first wondering why he wasn't shot dead yet for that. Then I learned in that post he was running for President.:eek: I almost peed my pants. next thought was, "Why isn't this guy getting more press?"

My excitement came to a simmer when I learned later in that thread, he was a Republican.:(

It took me a few months to run him through my scrutiny tests to make sure he wasn't a neocon, or had any even remote ties to tri lats, CFR, Bilderburger etc, or a history of lying, before I could put my full support behind him. ( I was a Die hard green party voter)

During that time, I learned so much more about him that just blew me away and took my breath away.

WOW! An honest politician that doesn't take lobby money exists...............woooooooow and the courage to speak the truth that has gotten others killed, wow............................just woooooooowww

In short, a youtube video of Paul against Grenspan was my introduction to this man, I am floored to wonder why I hand't heard about sooner.

Anti Federalist
Alex Jones show, over ten years ago now.

kushaze
I listened to a NORML interview.

liberty-rp08
01-11-2008, 01:10 AM
Dr. Paul's July 10, 2003 Neo-CONNED speech on the floor of the House of Representatives.

It is a must watch!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4156174553630131591

Here is a transcript:

http://www.house.gov/paul/congrec/congrec2003/cr071003.htm

Andrew-Austin
01-11-2008, 01:12 AM
I think it was through an email subscription... Don't quite remember.

RedLightning
01-11-2008, 01:12 AM
Gun forums...

midevilmark
01-11-2008, 01:14 AM
I'm a CNBC hound who pays attention to Fed like a hawk. I saw Dr. Paul destroy Greenspan a few years back and remembered him from the back cover of "The Creature from Jekell Island" (must read for any Paulite). I knew then this guy was living outside the Matrix, and that I wanted to support him.

LBT
01-11-2008, 01:24 AM
a star in the sky and 3 WISE MEN
I LOL'd at that!

I found out about Ron Paul about 10 years ago. Either via lewrockwell.com or mises.org

He stood out to me as proof that politicians don't have to be corrupt. That there is hope for good government. All it takes is a nation of good and intelligent people, who choose their representatives wisely.

jmunjr
01-11-2008, 01:27 AM
Back in 2000 I signed a petition that essentially asked to regulate satellite TV. It went to Ron Paul. He replied and gave me a lesson on free markets, one which I already knew...I had just misunderstood the petition...

From then on I have liked and supported Paul..

N13
01-11-2008, 01:34 AM
A political forum I joined in 2003.

Another poster turned me on to Dr. Paul's writings.

mr_x
01-11-2008, 01:56 AM
from watching freedom to fascism a year or two ago. i was blown away that a congressman had the courage to speak the truth and openly take a stand against all the corruption going on...and be sincere about it. :)

Luft97
01-11-2008, 02:10 AM
I first got excited about him running for president after watching one of the debates on TV. Since then I have been 100% behind him. I couldn't believe someone would speak the truth like he did and be brave enough to run for president.

Spirit of '76
01-11-2008, 02:29 AM
I learned about him from Pat Buchanan, if I recall correctly.

BLuegreengrey
01-11-2008, 02:33 AM
Money Bomb! Another big one will bring more support.

UnitedWeStand
01-11-2008, 10:27 AM
bump=)

MJfromCT
01-11-2008, 10:32 AM
On investment chat room back in November of 2006, heard rumors then of him running this upcoming election. Read his writings at Lew Rockwell and have been addicted ever since.

tamor
01-11-2008, 10:35 AM
My daughter in Texas was going on and on about him -- now I am hooked

bp2519
01-11-2008, 10:43 AM
as bad as this sounds....

I saw Ron Paul spam in the comments of a "9/11 coincidences" on a youtube video back in October. Been hooked on RP ever since.

herepamwas
01-11-2008, 10:54 AM
I have to thank my brother for showing me "Freedom to Fascism" and Averoth's video's on youtube. Before that I was pretty apathetic and cynical about the political system. Hell, I am just cynical about everything anyway but, hearing the message of freedom, peace and prosperity
and reading, watching everything I could about Dr. Paul made me believe that there are honest politicians. Dr. Paul came into my life to first wake me up from my apathy and second, give me faith in something. I will continue to fight no matter what happens in the future because the message is the most important thing.

JMann
01-11-2008, 11:03 AM
My father and I picked him up from the airport in a small town in Texas when he ran for senate against Phil Graham in Republican primary. I was just a kid then but I liked him and followed is LP campaign for Prez. Didn't pay much attention to him after that. In 2006 I was hoping Mark Sanford was going to run and then saw something back in I guess February '07 that Paul was considering running and Sanford wasn't.

cheese
01-11-2008, 11:06 AM
This video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWfIhFhelm8

Iwantchange
01-11-2008, 11:11 AM
You want to know how I was turned on by Ron Paul? I seen a video of him saying that he wanted to abolish the IRS. As soon as I heard that, I was on board. I am actually a little confused because when I bring that up in a conversation it's like initially their in shock and don't believe so they write it off.

Then I tell them "abolish the IRS, NO MORE TAXES, IS ANY OF THIS SINKING IN"

szczebrzeszyn
01-11-2008, 11:14 AM
Alex Jones show, over a year ago.

AlexMerced
01-11-2008, 11:35 AM
May Debates in the exchange with Giuliani, haven't looked at the world the same since

krott5333
01-11-2008, 11:37 AM
May Debates in the exchange with Giuliani, haven't looked at the world the same since

ditto

Lance C Roseman
01-11-2008, 04:13 PM
Alex Jones, a few years ago. I should have bet on the good Dr. winning when the bookies had him at 87-1 odds...

blakjak
01-11-2008, 04:38 PM
it's funny how this topic comes up almost cyclically every month

from the comments on this blog http://www.blogmaverick.com/2007/09/03/politics/

RobS
01-11-2008, 05:02 PM
A variety of Youtube videos, the initial one being linked from Digg.

karat3
01-11-2008, 05:03 PM
heard george galloway mention him in a newsstory on BBC(i think).

nbhadja
01-11-2008, 05:03 PM
Last May, I was researching the republican candidates. That's when I saw the light...

pcosmar
01-11-2008, 05:06 PM
A year ago or so, searching for my lost rights on a Gun Forum.
Someone mentioned H.R 1096,
I looked it up.
Found Ron Paul.
Looked some more. He was thinking of running.
Been a supporter ever since.
Still learning things.

InLoveWithRon
01-11-2008, 05:07 PM
Saw comments on youtube of "Ron Paul 08"everywhere when I was researching things about world bankers, rockefeller etc a few months ago..

So I decided to see what all the fuss was about so I youtube'd him and saw about 20 of his speeches/debates/interviews..

And I must say Ron Paul is the most honest and most intelligent politician I have ever seen in my plus 35 years being alive..

CountryRoads
01-11-2008, 05:09 PM
Friends and I see his name all over the internet lol you guys did a good job getting his name out there.

Mandrik
01-11-2008, 05:16 PM
The Daily Show, after the May debate. That little clip they showed of everyone talking about the war, "doubling Guantanamo," etc., and then they show RP talking like a rational human being. My response was pretty much, "WHA?!"

Rewind a few years back. I had registered Democrat when I turned 18, only because that's what my parents were. By the end of the 2004 election, I was sick of it all, so I dropped party affiliation. I was also sick of the way the MSM operates. I saw through their game. Still, every time I heard the word "Republican" it still brought terrible thoughts to my head. When I heard "Democrat" I still felt like I had to cheer that person on. When Dem & Repub were debating, I always found myself drifting to the Dem side. Trying to change this to an impartial viewpoint is a lot harder than it sounds.

Back to May '07--seeing RP speak and looking into his record was what I needed. It was my red pill moment. I was finally ready to understand reality, i.e. foreign policy, monetary policy, warfare/welfare state, etc. etc. etc.

Thank you, Dr. Paul. I can never go back, nor would I ever want to go back.

amy31416
01-11-2008, 05:19 PM
Jon Stewart. After I saw him on there, I looked him up. At first when Stewart said "Republican candidate RON PAUL!" I thought "ecch, I wonder what brand of creep this guy will be." I couldn't have been more pleasantly surprised, but I still had my doubts and started researching him and his viewpoints....

HOLY SHIT, THIS GUY IS THE REAL THING! And I haven't looked back since then.

I've never been so interested or educated in politics. And I've never felt so passionately about a candidate/a candidate's message. I've looked at everyone else and there is NOBODY who has the answer to our country's problems or is as consistently principled.

Thanks Jon Stewart. Thanks Ron Paul!

Jesubub
01-11-2008, 05:19 PM
7-8 years ago. He represents my hometown district.

RoyalShock
01-11-2008, 05:21 PM
I frequent a particular sports message board. A poster there in an off-topic forum was discussing Paul a little bit. When it became clear I could not support any of the other Republican candidates, I looked into him. I believe that was the day after the Nov. 5th moneybomb.

The rest is history!

bluemarkets
01-11-2008, 05:24 PM
An S&P Trading chat room.

Paul was mentioned several times about his position against the FED and manipulation of interest rates.

After the third mention, looked at his site, read his articles, and was just AMAZED how I agreed with him on about 95% of the issues!

I read "The Creature from Jekyll Isalnd" by Ed Griffin back in 2000 and I thought this was secret underground information, and here Paul is openly blasting the FED and Bernanke :D

Alawn
01-11-2008, 05:25 PM
Digg. Thanks for putting all of those articles there!

ratsbew
01-11-2008, 05:27 PM
Pretty sure it was Digg, but not 100% sure.

RPDelegate
01-11-2008, 05:34 PM
I had heard his name floating around here and there around the fall of 2007. For some reason I decided to check out his web site on the day of the $6 Million Dollar money bomb, and I was blown away by how much I agreed with what this guy had to say. I couldn't believe that I agreed with everything a politician was saying. And I've been hooked ever since.

Stoli
01-11-2008, 05:39 PM
freedom to fascism

jumpyg1258
01-11-2008, 05:42 PM
On youtube in May shortly after the Republican debate. It was one of those side linked videos they have on every video.

VoluntaryMan
01-11-2008, 05:42 PM
David Letterman 1988

Ball
01-11-2008, 05:43 PM
I first learned about him via the Mises Institute in 1997.

Since the rise of lewrockwell.com and antiwar.com, I've heard about him often. I sometimes would hear a brief mention of him in a magazine and I would quip that he's the only politician I'd vote for.

cicatrice
01-11-2008, 05:49 PM
I have been a Digg and Reddit user since the beginning of last year. I saw his name pop up frequently but never bothered to read those articles until finally I was like, "Who is this guy?!" I found out he was a politician and left it at that for a while. Then I saw him owning the kid on Morton Downey Jr. and I was intrigued but not quite hooked.

One bored day I decided to watch Zeitgeist and I was blown away at learning about the central banks. I investigated their site more and came across the section of "Activism". I watched some of Ron Paul's YouTube clips posted there and was awed that someone -- an actual politician -- was addressing these issues.

My admiration grew even more when I heard his justification for not signing a bill awarding Rosa Parks the Congressional Medal of Honor. And I was in full support when I read the article, linked on Reddit: http://www.newsli.com/2007/12/06/presidential-candidate-ron-paul-bears-an-empty-pot-for-americans/

TwiLeXia
01-11-2008, 05:53 PM
Youtube... was bored searching through the "top rated" section one day... saw one of the videos by avaroth

american empire
01-11-2008, 05:57 PM
watching the may debate ...the interchange with Julian....and wondering how this guy has survived 30 yrs in congress.....thought this guy needs security asap....but then found you guys.....we are his security.....

RonPaulFTFW
01-11-2008, 05:59 PM
bill maher.

MalcolmGandi
01-11-2008, 06:26 PM
article on lewrockwell.com

UnitedWeStand
01-11-2008, 11:42 PM
Still waiting on the person that says," I got a slimjim on my front door"....=)

Akus
01-11-2008, 11:56 PM
Neal Boortz

Joe3113
01-11-2008, 11:59 PM
I saw him flying over my house one day.

AzNsOuLjAh27
01-12-2008, 12:06 AM
I heard he was pro-pot, and all about freedom of choice.

Luft97
01-12-2008, 02:04 AM
Digg. Thanks for putting all of those articles there!

See, digg is a good thing.. =p Many people were saying digg wasn't working. ;)

jsu718
01-12-2008, 02:09 AM
I have known of him for a long time. Being a Texan you hear about our representatives and senators from time to time. It never really caught my attention who he was or what he did in the House until I watched America: From Freedom to Fascism. This of course was right when that documentary came out and before any thoughts of a presidential campaign. I think it was around Thanksgiving where I actually looked at who was running for the GOP and saw him there. I looked more into all of his policies and heard him speak about them. There wasn't anything left after that but to give full support and make sure everyone I know knows the truth.

jumpyg1258
01-14-2008, 06:13 PM
Still waiting on the person that says," I got a slimjim on my front door"....=)

Same here since I have gone around posting up several hundred of those in my area.

tcmaroc
01-14-2008, 06:15 PM
Youtube in may

RonPaulwillWin
01-14-2008, 06:23 PM
Joe Rogan made a thread about the "Ron Paul" courageously speaks the truth" youtube video from the first fox debates.

Dred
01-14-2008, 06:31 PM
Basically it all went down this way. I heard about nastrodamus book that made up a big story about world war 3 starting and how the people who really rule the world being bankers would cause it to happen. Then i heard Ron Paul on TV and he mentioned the FED and i was like you know i really don't know exactly how the FED works. so i finally looked it up. got very very depressed when i learned how it worked. Then saw a Ron Paul a new hope video and i was converted instantly. =P

AtlasShrugged
01-14-2008, 06:43 PM
I became obsessed with the FED after learning it was a privately owned bank. I couldn't believe it -- I still can't, actually. I have a degree in Finance, and NEVER knew the FED was not a government institution.

Anyhow, I stumbled onto a mises.org video and Ron Paul was there! I have become a Ron Paul fanatic ever since...

libertyroot
01-14-2008, 08:52 PM
I read about him in a book on libertarianism a few years back. Later saw him in America: Freedom to Fascism when it was out in theaters. When I heard he was thinking about running for President, I became a fan. Now he is my hero.

kidal25
01-14-2008, 08:57 PM
i saw a video and he was actually a politician that made sense.

DanK
01-14-2008, 08:59 PM
My bro told me about him when I was doing a college visit to the school he attends last march (and where I'm probably going this fall). I thought he sounded kind of weird, but when I started investigating the candidates this fall, I remembered him, and he got me hooked.

Actually, several of my views about government changed because of him too...

thechitowncubs
01-14-2008, 08:59 PM
I saw one of the first Ron Paul videos on digg which was him schooling Big Ben and I was hooked .

gb13
01-14-2008, 09:20 PM
I remember reading about how the federal gov was overriding state's right by targeting medical cannabis dispensaries in CA. I thought it was terrible, and wondered why there wasn't anyone in the government who supported cannabis, and wasn't a total wacko. There was a website I found that rated politician's voting record in regards to medical marijuana. I remember almost all of the "pro" politicians were dems, and most of the "against" politicians were republican. Ron Paul was one of the few exceptions. I remember reading a bit about him, and thinking: "this guy seems kinda cool"... Put it in the back of my mind.

Then I started getting into fiscal concerns - fed inflation, income tax legality, what have you. I remember watching America: Freedom to Fascism some time later, and seeing RP being interviewed. So, I read about him a little more. I thought, "Man! Pro medical marijuana, pro state's rights, anti federal reserve, anti IRS, anti military industrial complex, etc... This guy should run for president!" Put it in the back of my mind.

Fast-forward to early June of '07. I'm reading about the upcoming primaries, and what do I find? Ron Paul running for president. It had been a while, so I really, reallly started researching him hardcore at that point, read everything about/by him I could possibly find. I was completely sold.

Talked to my girlfriend, talked to my parents and siblings and said, "I think I've found the guy I'm going to vote for next November: Ron Paul."

They each looked at me funny, and said, "Who?"

That's when I realized I had a lot of work to do.

therealjjj77
01-14-2008, 10:55 PM
Dave Champion kept talking about him on his radio talk show and so I thought I would check him out. I went to the website and read where he stood on things and then saw his record to back where he stands and then knew I had to get involved.

thebeat42
01-14-2008, 11:11 PM
I was watching conspiracy theory videos and noticed many comments on Youtube saying "VOTE RON PAUL".

Yay.

BillyFromPhilly
01-14-2008, 11:15 PM
I have been reading Dr. Paul's stuff for the last six years. Got an email from a trader friend with the subject "This politican Gets It" that was a speech on monetary policy.

I just wrote a similar email to a friend of mine who is undecided. Let's hope it has the same effect.

DeafEric
01-14-2008, 11:19 PM
through my deaf reformed church member

nbruno322
01-14-2008, 11:31 PM
Bill Maher

DrCap
01-14-2008, 11:34 PM

karinita_denise
01-14-2008, 11:45 PM
My boyfriend became interested first and he told me about him. I've never been interested in politics because I come from a country where the government = corruption so politics meant nothing to me. But now I go to school here in the States and I've learned about a very bright man that isn't afraid to speak up about what should really be done...a man that offers a great future for this country...that man is Ron Paul. He is the first man that I would ever vote for (I still can't vote though because I'm not a US citizen, but if I could I would). Instead what I do is talk to my American friends about him...that way I do my share. :D

ChickenHawk
01-15-2008, 12:01 AM
Probably 1988. When I saw the Youtube clip from the Morton Downey Jr show I remembered it. It was my favorite political show in the 80's so that isn't too surprising. I know I heard his name a few times in the years since but I never really paid attention to him. This year I was boycotting the election until Nov because I thought it was way too early to be having a presidential race. Sometime in early November I started paying attention and decided the candidates were worthless so I checked out Ron Paul Forums. Despite all the nut cases around here I still decided to support him.

UnitedWeStand
01-17-2008, 08:20 PM
For my 65 year old mom, it was finally watching the campaign dvd #1. Of course I have been gently coercing her, but one day I called her and she told me she'd been up until 2am the night before with her mind racing after the dvd. now she calls saying, lets talk about Ron Paul..=) She has convinced and educated a lot of older people in her neighborhood and my aunt..who knows how many they have spoken with..

DVD's are an excellent way to enlighten people who probably wont research more than the news tell them=)

familydog
01-17-2008, 08:23 PM
I first learned of him when the people of Red Eye on Fox News interviewed him in March...or was it April...I can't remember.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JRivIw9JaA

dblee
01-17-2008, 08:26 PM
i heard about him on a tech podcast called TWIT (this week in tech) they were talking about how he was #1 on digg and reddit, so i decided to check out some of his youtubes... and then i was sold.

deedles
01-17-2008, 08:27 PM
Alex Jones radio show

obstruksion
01-17-2008, 08:28 PM
Ron Paul Girl.....

*drool

rob-NC
01-17-2008, 08:49 PM
I think I first heard word about Dr. Paul on the website whatreallyhappened.com then of course I kept hearing people basically making fun of him. I learned along time ago that if you want to know the truth about someone or something, FIND OUT FOR YOURSELF and do research.

So, I started reading up on him, listening to his position on issues. watching the tube videos etc. and making my OWN opinion about Dr. Ron Paul...... I can say today that I have not been this fired up over a president candidate in a LONG LONG time!

He has shown me that my one single vote DOES matter!

Agent CSL
01-17-2008, 08:53 PM
I found him on 420chan. :P

wildflower
01-17-2008, 09:00 PM
I first heard about him on freerepublic, almost 10 years ago. I remember people mentioning his name and it was always in a positive way and that he was very pro-constitution and pro-liberty.

But even though I had heard his name back then, I didn't know what he looked like, until last year when he started gaining national recognition for running for president. :) And then I remembered - that's the guy I heard about on FR years ago.

Ironically, now he is hated there by most of the freepers, because the site turned into a neocon site instead of a grassroots conservative site that it was supposed to be.

integrity
01-17-2008, 09:02 PM
Alex Jones radio show

ditto

JimInNY
01-17-2008, 09:04 PM
A political forum whose name I will never mention in public again as it is a neocon cesspool now.

That was back in 98 I guess. I even donated to one of his congressional runs back then, even though I was in CT at the time.

Dr. Paul has been my favorite congressman since then.

I am highly encouraged though that so many on here have just been turned on to him recently. It gives me a great big smile. :D

cheese
01-17-2008, 09:06 PM
i thought all ron paul support was spammers on digg... until I saw a link to the tea party money bomb at midnight when it started and watched it happening before my eyes. It was a jaw dropper. I then watched the Stop Dreaming youtube and havent looked back. I've never been so interested in a candidate before in my life. go ron paul!

mavtek
01-17-2008, 09:06 PM
Dad told me about him.

Ilhaguru
01-17-2008, 09:07 PM
Youtube video of the Republican debates back in July. . . or June? Then watched many, many more youtube videos. Took me 3 or 4 days to completely give up my skepticism. It wasn't too good to be true, it was just good AND true.

1913_to_2008
01-17-2008, 09:08 PM
Alex Jones 2005

nate895
He was quoted on the cover of a book I read in early '07 and I was interested when I saw him at the first debate. Over time I became more enthused about him.

rob-NC
I am highly encouraged though that so many on here have just been turned on to him recently. It gives me a great big smile. :D

Well again, I am one of those recent converts. I guess my change was back in November or so. Almost......ALMOST went to Fred :eek: before I started really looking into Ron Paul.

atthegates
01-17-2008, 09:16 PM
i googled him after watching the first msnbc debate

PepperdotNet
01-17-2008, 09:16 PM
I forget where I first heard about him but I voted for him for President in 1988. I'm glad he's still around.

Daniel McCarthy
01-17-2008, 09:20 PM
I became interested in libertarian philosophy and politics back around 1999/2000 -- around the time of the Balkans intervention, which I followed on Antiwar.com (among other places). Dr. Paul came to my attention not long thereafter. I was stunned that there could be such a principled Congressman at the end of the 20th century. And now he's a presidential contender in the 21st.

jsgolfman
01-17-2008, 09:37 PM
I forget where I first heard about him but I voted for him for President in 1988. I'm glad he's still around.

That's around the same time I found him. A dear friend of mine, Dr. Thompson from JBS mentioned Dr. Paul and said I should look into him. I voted for him in 1988 as well and I've been a fan ever since.

bcreps85
01-17-2008, 09:43 PM
I had heard about, and sort of followed Ron Paul for a while, probably a period of months before this happened. I really liked him, but wasn't all that into it yet. I had been talking to my step-grandpa and step-dad about why terrorists attack us, and they said that we have to attack them there instead of fighting them over here, etc etc, that whole MSM/Bush/Cheney spin...

It was at that point that I said they are probably attacking us because we are always screwing around in their politics, and every US attack that kills innocent civilians over there just gives even more people self-justification for bombing our buildings and attacking America. They told me I was crazy. A week or so later I was flipping through the channels and caught the part of the Ron Paul debate where he said the exact same thing, and I was 100% sold instantly.

Interestingly, since then they have both talked to relatives that we have over there, and it changed their mind. Now they see things our way.

JahWarrior
01-17-2008, 09:50 PM
Freedom to Fascism. I didn't think "politicians" like Ron existed anymore!

JoshLowry
01-17-2008, 09:55 PM
I watched this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peBGJwE9NXo

It was a compilation of the very first debate.

Thanks YouTube!

niall
01-17-2008, 09:56 PM
About 7 or 8 years ago I saw his debate with Charles Partee from the Fed on www.mises.org. Been a fan ever since.

JimInNY
01-17-2008, 10:00 PM
A lot of people found him on youtube I see.

I guess youtube works! :)

limequat
01-18-2008, 08:03 AM
Devvy Kidd mentioned him in an article a few years back. He's also referenced in Crossing the Rubicon.

dfalken
01-18-2008, 08:06 AM
I've been reading his economic writings for the past 10 years and watching him rip apart the Fed head crooks.

Derek Johnson
01-18-2008, 08:28 AM
High Times circa 2000....been hooked since....on Ron Paul, caugh caugh.

Akus
04-21-2010, 04:34 PM
bump because some one started a brand new thread with the same question.

MelissaCato
04-22-2010, 10:34 AM
I bought flower seeds off Ebay Spring of 2007 and the package came with a note Who is Ron Paul ? Kinda like a trivia question. I googled and the first video I watched was when he explained abortion and a bucket.

I asked my parents if they knew about him and they said yes ... they remembered him from the Morton Downey Jr. Show.

Ron Paul 2012 !!! :D

Zoomer
04-22-2010, 03:07 PM
I first found out about Ron Paul via Alex Jones.

And I found out about Jones back when Loose Change and other 911 documentaries first became popular. At the time I had also downloaded a few of Jones' documentaries and developed a casual interest in listening to his daily radio show. Naturally I became aware of Paul and some other great libertarians.

RP has a truth about him that resonates in us all. A true inspiration.

CUnknown
04-22-2010, 05:36 PM
The 2008 primary debates. For some reason I felt compelled to watch the Republican debates, I have no idea why. I basically considered myself a Democrat back then. I saw this strange guy I'd never heard of, whose viewpoint was intruiging and very difficult to understand. ;) He seemed to disagree with the other Republicans, so I started liking him (I hated basically all Republicans back then).

The rest is history, I guess. I still watch every video of him I can get my hands on.

muzzled dogg
04-22-2010, 05:42 PM
the first gop debate.
. .

tnvoter
04-22-2010, 08:13 PM
The first GOP debate.

^this way.

CGeoffrion
04-27-2010, 01:25 AM
YouTube - Ron Paul: A New Hope (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FG2PUZoukfA)

This video on Digg back in 2007. Honestly changed my life, never had a Hero until then.