PDA

View Full Version : Please post YouTube of Luntz focus group promoting Thompson

Benaiah
01-11-2008, 12:42 AM
Somebody on these forums made a post two days before the NH primary. It went something like this:

Media will hype Obama until NH (which they did) and then they will drop him and make Hillary gain traction (which they did, with the vote count/comeback). He then said that the media would hype up Thompson in SC, and then Guiliani for FL.

Well, so far it's been true. Just wondering if one of you could post a YouTube of the Luntz focus group promoting Thompson.

smartguy911
01-11-2008, 12:44 AM
my question is why is the media doing that? are they trying to force brokered convention?

AlbemarleNC0003
01-11-2008, 12:45 AM
my question is why is the media doing that? are they trying to force brokered convention?

Shhhhhhh. Let them. :D

ProfNo
01-11-2008, 12:46 AM

I don't think that they found a candidate that they are happy with. They tried Huck, changed their mind, tried McCain and changed their mind. The only one they have left is Thompson.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
01-11-2008, 12:53 AM
Huck and Thompson were replacements for Paul. They were even polling Thompson when he wasn't running, and omitting Paul.

RobotJaxxon
01-11-2008, 12:59 AM
I try to avoid conspiracy theories... but is there any chance Fox is intentionally trying to destroy the Republican Party? Set up a bitter, divisive convention... shut out the one Republican with a chance to grow and unite the party... find mean blowhards to parade around in the flag and distort what it means to be conservative?

mexicanpizza
01-11-2008, 01:08 AM
I try to avoid conspiracy theories... but is there any chance Fox is intentionally trying to destroy the Republican Party? Set up a bitter, divisive convention... shut out the one Republican with a chance to grow and unite the party... find mean blowhards to parade around in the flag and distort what it means to be conservative?

The media is traditionally very liberal.

I've heard crazier things.

Benaiah
01-11-2008, 01:09 AM

I wouldn't be surprised if they were doing it to keep Paul down. The media wants Clinton to win, I'm convinced of it. I believe that the media was hyping Obama and McCain in NH to steal votes away from Paul. They can't hype Obama forever, however, if they want Clinton to win. I believe that they hyped Huckabee in Iowa, to steal votes from Paul, also. Think about when they started to hype Huckabee, it was immediately after November 5th. They know that Christians don't like any of the front runners, and have been looking elsewhere. Christians started flocking to Paul, not Huckabee. They were awakened to this fact on November 5th. They hyped Huckabee from November 5th all the way until Iowa. They hadn't said a word about Huckabee prior to November 5th.

I don't think the Republican establishment likes Huckabee, however, so now they have to prop up Thompson to bring the Huckster down. We all know that Guiliani is Fox's favorite, so he is almost guaranteed to be hyped up for Florida and beyond.

Who knows these things.

The only thing that I know for sure is that none of the elites want Paul to win. I also believe that they know, that if all the Christians in the country heard more than 1 minute of Ron Paul speaking, that they would support him in droves.

jeffhenderson
01-11-2008, 01:12 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FUaZWUpDAU

UNC08
01-11-2008, 01:17 AM
Look at how reluctant the woman in the front is to raise her hand.

wisconsinite
01-11-2008, 01:42 AM
I swear the guy in the back row with the beard looks like the same man from the other focus groups.

ProfNo
01-11-2008, 01:47 AM
This was such a Fred love fest. I think Luntz has a thing for Fred.

Evazan
01-11-2008, 02:05 AM
If we go by the national polls and figure there is 5% support of Ron Paul then there should be about 2 RP supporters in each of his focus groups. I'm sure the lack of RP supporters is just a statistical anomaly. I'm also sure that the 90% support of Thompson is also a statistical anomaly.

Fuck you Frank!

bolognium
01-11-2008, 02:10 AM
The media isn't promoting any individual candidate - they use censorship by omission.

All of them are acceptable to the status quo other than RP.. it's not conspiracy - it's just the nature of people who like money more than integrity, and know the people who will keep the game going.

JoBurke
01-11-2008, 02:53 AM
These people need to be contacted!

Someone needs to take this on as a project, find out the names of each of those people....match the money they were given to say if they were manipulated or not - on camera!

funny how the focus group always seems to have a unanamous decision!

GO GET 'EM!

pacelli
01-11-2008, 02:56 AM

Well, I think Rupert Murdoch contributed to Hillary Clinton's campaign. I wouldn't be surprised. A clinton presidency would allow Fox & Diebold to stay in business another 8 years.

PRIEST
01-11-2008, 03:00 AM
Abolutely sickening. Are people really this stupid?

NoPants
01-11-2008, 03:02 AM
Don't forget to get this one up there in the rankings too!

Penn and Teller Defend Ron Paul vs. Luntz and Fox News
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=If9EWDB_zK4&NR=1

rfbz
01-11-2008, 03:04 AM
I couldn't believe everyone got all excited over Thompson's performance. He seemed about the same as any other time I've seen him.