PDA

View Full Version : Very Erghhh After Debate

godawgs
01-11-2008, 12:16 AM
I have always been a Republican and heavily into politics (college republicans, limbaugh letter, newt, contract with america, etc.)

When I watched the debate tonight and heard the audience laugh at one of Ron Paul's answers... that made me mad.

I am mad that out of principle (for their treatment of DRP) I am unable to watch Fox News anymore, I watched it every night for the last few years after work and like Shepard Smith.

I am mad at the other candidates for laughing at Dr. Paul when he is giving answers when their only answers are fairytales and non specifics.

I am mad because I do not see a place in the Republican party for someone that believes in a small government non interventialist foreign policy.

I am mad that the majority of voters think so simplistically of their positions - hes a christian - he was mayor during 9/11 - he was a POW - he looks good - he was on law and order.

I do not know if there are many of you out there that feel like me. I am not so sure all of the time that I am the minority of DRP supporters. I am not a lunatic by their definition, heck I voted for Bush the last two elections.

Anyways, the debate showed me how out of place I am.

Blah.

davidhperry
01-11-2008, 12:17 AM
You are certainly not alone.

aymn27
01-11-2008, 12:19 AM
I have always been a Republican and heavily into politics (college republicans, limbaugh letter, newt, contract with america, etc.)

When I watched the debate tonight and heard the audience laugh at one of Ron Paul's answers... that made me mad.

I am mad that out of principle (for their treatment of DRP) I am unable to watch Fox News anymore, I watched it every night for the last few years after work and like Shepard Smith.

I am mad at the other candidates for laughing at Dr. Paul when he is giving answers when their only answers are fairytales and non specifics.

I am mad because I do not see a place in the Republican party for someone that believes in a small government non interventialist foreign policy.

I am mad that the majority of voters think so simplistically of their positions - hes a christian - he was mayor during 9/11 - he was a POW - he looks good - he was on law and order.

I do not know if there are many of you out there that feel like me. I am not so sure all of the time that I am the minority of DRP supporters. I am not a lunatic by their definition, heck I voted for Bush the last two elections.

Blah.I am with you bro!

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
01-11-2008, 12:19 AM

Cool out. He's been fighting it the whole way, and he's getting better and better at beating it. This was his best performance, IMO.

Well... "I take my marching orders from the constitution" was pretty good. But, he did pretty good the whole way through tonight. Lots of face time, and lots of good answers.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
01-11-2008, 12:20 AM
And yeah, it sucks, but he's closer to beating it than he's ever been.

Jobarra
01-11-2008, 12:20 AM
The party is out of place. I was taught that Republicans want small government, but by the time I was old enough to vote, it was no longer the case. I think I voted Dole in 1996, but I haven't voted Repub the last two times. Dr. Paul is the only Republican I can vote for in the nomination process.

justatrey
01-11-2008, 12:22 AM
Welcome to the club.

bluemarkets
dont fret ...

the message is spreading on the BASE is steadily growing

Ron2Win
Isn't it like taking the Red Pill and the Matrix?

MessyTessy
01-11-2008, 12:23 AM

Blah.

I know....I'm not a subscriber to the I hate John McCain group on here, but his treatment of him during the debates really leaves a distaste in my mouth for the man. It is such an un-Chrisitian, un-American, un-human thing, to laugh at someone else's idea. It becomes more and more clear how much trouble this country is when a viable candidate with 8-10% of the vote is treated with such blatant disrespect.

A mother wouldn't let her child behave like that on a playground, and yet a man who could likely be the next president of the United States is applauded for such disgusting behavior.

american empire
01-11-2008, 12:23 AM
just go click on my member name....check my thread...."Thanks yall"....you will feel better....

reader discretion .....I was emotional...

dspectre
01-11-2008, 12:24 AM

Blah.

It's no biggie. I use to trust the media a little(when I was younger), but was always suspicious. When I was older I was purely cynical about it all.

I guess you don't like being talked to like you are stupid? It's pretty natural when you have critical thinking skills :)

At least the Matrix doesn't have you. And now you can live your life more freely and truly be what YOU want to be and not what some group says.

As an American, you have the Constitution to fall back on your principles no matter what. Even if the mob says other wise, you know you are standing on solid ground.

hillertexas
01-11-2008, 12:25 AM
//

Highstreet

Blah.

I don't usually watch unless someone is on who I respect, like Paul.

Haven't watched for years. But I understand the frustration when feeling betrayed and disrespected.

Don't be surprised if it gets worse. He will keep taking more votes away and they will keep trying to mock. Mocking is their only response because they don't understand the level of his answers. Laughing is the most common response when anxiety hits you. That and their Arrogance is their weakness, and Paul has shown time and time again that he can take advantage of their arrogance. Trust me when I say it is turning the common folk to Paul's side.

gracebkr
well, yeah. They know at least 10% of republicans like Ron Paul enough to vote, they alienate us.

american empire
01-11-2008, 12:26 AM
read and you will feel better....

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=83303

all J's in IL for RP
01-11-2008, 12:29 AM

Anyways, the debate showed me how out of place I am. They are going to really miss the 10% of our vote come the general election against Obama.

Blah.

Your reaction is, of course, exactly what the neo-con wing of the republican party is looking for. They only have a strangle hold on policy at the moment, and do NOT represent the base, but if they can succeed in burning the party to the ground and maintaining their ideological control, they will have captured the party heart and soul, perhaps for decades. In this war of ideas, the loss of the presidency for them in this election cycle is an inconsequential defeat.

BobTaft
01-11-2008, 12:32 AM
Here's the basic problem. The Republican party is no longer a small, limited government party with a concern for fiscal rectitude. It is a Southern Evangelical movement that has no problem declaring war on the Moslem heathens of the Earth, nor ceasing to being that shining city on the hill for the yearning masses of immigrants who seek a better life here. As such, it has largely started to ignore fiscal conservatism as that is not as much of a concern for the broader masses as is imposing their faith on the rest of this nation.