PDA

View Full Version : Fox Editing Out Paul's Response To Electibility On Debate Replays?

hebmskebm
01-11-2008, 12:14 AM
The replay of the debate just weirdly went back to the begining of the debate with Romnet talking about the Mass. economy right at the moment when Paul was asked about his electibility in the live debate.

aerial
01-11-2008, 12:16 AM
The b*stards didn't play his response?

This is getting really serious.

Something has to be done, I don't know what, though.

Jobarra
01-11-2008, 12:17 AM
I know an earlier debate reairing with another network they actually showed a single commercial during Dr. Paul's answer and then cut abruptly back into the middle of the next candidate's answer. It was fairly obvious.

PRIEST
01-11-2008, 12:17 AM
What this tells us is that Fox News does not want people to hear what Ron Paul has to say. Especially when it makes them look like fools.

Lord Xar
01-11-2008, 12:19 AM
are you sure about this? I mean, can you document this.. this would be an absolute travesty and some legal precedence would be viable.

VRP08
01-11-2008, 12:20 AM
Yeah they also shook camera so much it made me dizzy. It was only when RP was talking.

pacelli
01-11-2008, 12:21 AM
What this tells us is that Fox News does not want people to hear what Ron Paul has to say. Especially when it makes them look like fools.

Hopefully Ron's answer to this question has been captured specifically. We can make it viral over the weekend.

mconder
01-11-2008, 12:21 AM
No media conspiracy? How long will it take for all of Ron Paul's supporters to see the light on this? This crap happens on a daily basis. What more proof do you need?

bolidew
01-11-2008, 12:22 AM
Wow, this is really a new LOW!

Freaking unbelievable!

hebmskebm
Theyre doing all sorts of crazy editing (they just cut to commercial in the middle of McCain talking) If they jump back in to the end of the debate now, bypassing Paul, something's up.

brutus1
are you sure about this? I mean, can you document this.. this would be an absolute travesty and some legal precedence would be viable.

Word. Please, try to get some proof on this because we can do something about it legally.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
CNN edited out his drug war and ratial inequity in sentencing talk. These people know what they're doing. Make it sound crazy. When people watch, edit out the better parts.

thegr8drronpaul
01-11-2008, 12:23 AM
Is this really true? Where did you see this please?

coffeewithchess
I'm watching the rerun right now and they just went to commercial in the middle of John McCain answering a question...but yea, they did it earlier, but I don't know what I missed during the commercial.

Original_Intent
Wow I hope someone can Youtube the repeat - I know the original is already Youtubed! If we catch them editting the debate we should be able to sink them.

Lord Xar
When are they airing this again? We need to verify and call some reporters to watch at the same time to verify...

SC needs to see this... stuff, the world needs to see this stuff.

Are they gonna show this debate again this weekend?

Original_Intent
01-11-2008, 12:25 AM
Please please let someone be recording the replay.

Naraku
Talk about deception. They know that was a good answer so they're going to ignore it.

slantedview
start recording if you haven't already. we can compare against the original broadcast.

CountryRoads
01-11-2008, 12:27 AM
Fox censors news. 1984 anyone?

sparebulb
01-11-2008, 12:28 AM
I'm watching the replay and they started the debate from the beginning and re-replayed the first 20 or so minutes of the debate. I'm pissed. This is no accident.

Ryokucha
01-11-2008, 12:28 AM
I am recording it, but I can not be sure what they are editing out. But they do leave in the middle of some one talking, and come back from break while some one else starts to talk.

Arklatex
01-11-2008, 12:29 AM
our enemy is sinister, that is apparent. Makes you wonder what all they are up, the evils of this establisment. This is only the tip of the iceberg that is poking threw I fear.

I shall donate to Ron Paul and this cause for the rest of my life.

brutus1
01-11-2008, 12:30 AM
I am recording it, but I can not be sure what they are editing out. But they do leave in the middle of some one talking, and come back from break while some one else starts to talk.

Nice job, man. We can do the comparisons later and try to see how to handle the situation later.

Stealth4
01-11-2008, 12:30 AM
someone have a recording of the originial airing?

youtube of the electability question please?

jcarcinogen
01-11-2008, 12:31 AM
The GOP should not allow the people that want its nomination to be on an event hosted in the name of the party on a network that is disingenuous and blatantly biased. Is the GOP whored out to the media or not? If so then the party is should be boycotted along with the FNC advertisers we boycott.

Ryokucha
01-11-2008, 12:32 AM
OMG they just edited Ron Paul in the middle of talking, I have it recorded, just happened right now!

He was talking, the cam was shaking like crazy, then all of a sudden he is saying one word, then talking about something entirely different.

Very very obvious edit on their part.

flair4thegold
I was hoping to have a YouTube of his Ron Paul's electability response so I could share it with friends on MySpace and elsewhere. I tell people I am voting for Ron Paul and they ask "Who is Ron Paul?" It's frustrating but I think it's an opportunity to inform them. (I'm in California by the way).

brutus1

I was hoping to have a YouTube of his Ron Paul's electability response so I could share it with friends on MySpace and elsewhere. I tell people I am voting for Ron Paul and they ask "Who is Ron Paul?" It's frustrating but I think it's an opportunity to inform them. (I'm in California by the way).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mffpkCH-PJw

Original_Intent
01-11-2008, 12:33 AM

yeah it is up on Youtube I will find it for you

Highstreet
01-11-2008, 12:34 AM

Bump. They are getting really scared.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
01-11-2008, 12:35 AM
Wow I hope someone can Youtube the repeat - I know the original is already Youtubed! If we catch them editting the debate we should be able to sink them.

Sink them for what? They know they're being biased. They don't care if we talk about it. Look what Luntz did 1 minute after the debate.

We need votes. And we need to know those votes are counted. I'm not saying not to make a deal out of it, but I'm saying it won't "sink them."

Highstreet
01-11-2008, 12:35 AM

Bump for youtube.

Drknows
01-11-2008, 12:36 AM
CNN edited out his drug war and ratial inequity in sentencing talk. These people know what they're doing. Make it sound crazy. When people watch, edit out the better parts.

I was watching CNN earlier and flipped to FOX during commercial break and they had the same exact commercials as FOX running in sync.

This tells me they are sponsored by the same people and have the same agenda.

hillertexas
01-11-2008, 12:37 AM

Question 5 "Electability" (great answer) -

Highstreet
01-11-2008, 12:37 AM

They asked Paul if he was "electable". Paul had an excellent response. Supposedly they edited out.

flair4thegold
01-11-2008, 12:38 AM
They asked Paul if he was "electable". Paul had an excellent response. Supposedly they edited out.

Welcome to Communist America.

ForLiberty-RonPaul
01-11-2008, 12:38 AM
our enemy is sinister, that is apparent. Makes you wonder what all they are up, the evils of this establisment. This is only the tip of the iceberg that is poking threw I fear.

I shall donate to Ron Paul and this cause for the rest of my life.

You and me both brother.

ionlyknowy
01-11-2008, 12:41 AM
You and me both brother.

yup me too!

I think RP has made alot of people sit up and start paying attention.

Original_Intent
Sink them for what? They know they're being biased. They don't care if we talk about it. Look what Luntz did 1 minute after the debate.

We need votes. And we need to know those votes are counted. I'm not saying not to make a deal out of it, but I'm saying it won't "sink them."

Are you kidding me? If we get a youtube of the original and then a youtube of the edditted version and get a composite Youtube up - that would get Dugg to the moon. People who arent even for Ron Paul are not going to put up with that shit.

Ryokucha

It is gone then, it just ended and I did not see that question. In fact it just ended like there was more to it, but it just ended. I missed the original airing so again I do not know if that is how it ended, but yeah the "electable" question seems to be missing, or I just missed it, I am going to watch the full record again to make sure.

canadianforronpaul
01-11-2008, 12:42 AM
CNN does this too - the best one liner of their debate was when McCain took on Ron Paul on the war in Iraq, and Ron's answer was "the question you have to ask yourself is why do I get more military donations than anyone else" and it was a devastating one liner against Mr "I am the military man"

Here it is - edited and unedited: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqs1eyfF9tg

tommy7154
01-11-2008, 12:42 AM
They also edited out when the "undecided" (HA!) poll group was asked if Ron Paul should even be included in the debate. Of course they left in the question where they were asked who was the loser. Faux is comical.

dvictr
01-11-2008, 12:43 AM
The b*stards didn't play his response?

This is getting really serious.

Something has to be done, I don't know what, though.

lmfao :D

Original_Intent
01-11-2008, 12:43 AM
It is gone then, it just ended and I did not see that question. In fact it just ended like there was more to it, but it just ended. I missed the original airing so again I do not know if that is how it ended, but yeah the "electable" question seems to be missing, or I just missed it, I am going to watch the full record again to make sure.

newbitech
01-11-2008, 12:47 AM
are these bastards seriously trying to provoke something here? Someone is going to have to restrain me soon cause there is only so much more of this I can take.

BobTaft
01-11-2008, 12:48 AM
Fox News is in bed with the current administration. It's no surprise they are messing with the only anti-war Republican candidate.

ionlyknowy
01-11-2008, 12:49 AM
umm... how much does a new network cost? Maybe we can do a money bomb to raise enough to just buy it.... or a similar cable news station.....

ProfNo
01-11-2008, 12:50 AM
The replay of the debate just weirdly went back to the begining of the debate with Romnet talking about the Mass. economy right at the moment when Paul was asked about his electibility in the live debate.

Yup...I noticed that. Cut to the beginning of the debate and then back to the debate later. I had to find a youtube to see his response to the question.

Funny stuff :cool:

pebcak
01-11-2008, 12:50 AM
I watched the original airing, but I missed one question toward the middle so I kept watching until the re-airing. I did see where they came back in in the middle of Romney talking, then later they came back and it was back at the beginning of the debate again. I thought to myself, I bet they'll take out his electability question. Looks like I was right.

And now they took out the Frank Luntz line about keeping Paul in? After all the trashing they did?

This is unbearable.

ProfNo
01-11-2008, 12:51 AM

Who is the jackass laughing in the background at the beginning of this question? I seriously want to kick their face in.

ionlyknowy
01-11-2008, 12:52 AM
No really, how much does a news network cost?

dt_
01-11-2008, 12:54 AM
This is just sickening.

Sickening.

Has it really come this far?!

4RP08inKCMO
01-11-2008, 12:54 AM
This definitely happened. I recorded the replay and will get it on Youtube.

CRAT0S
01-11-2008, 12:55 AM
.................................................. .................

tropicangela
01-11-2008, 12:57 AM
Who is the jackass laughing in the background at the beginning of this question? I seriously want to kick their face in.

+1

tommy7154
01-11-2008, 12:58 AM
I can't believe that there are no laws against this kind of blatantly obvious bias. How can they edit and change the "news" so drastically and not be held accountable? Can they be sued for passing themselves off as a news channel? This is beyond ridiculous...

VoluntaryMan
01-11-2008, 12:59 AM
Yeah they also shook camera so much it made me dizzy. It was only when RP was talking.

I noticed that, too. It's like they're intentionally taunting him, in extremely obvious ways.

pebcak
01-11-2008, 12:59 AM
This definitely happened. I recorded the replay and will get it on Youtube.

Not everyone on Digg likes ron Paul, but 90% of them hate Fox. This will get dugg up if we give it a good title.

Also we should consider submitting this to news outlets.

CRAT0S
01-11-2008, 01:00 AM

N13
01-11-2008, 01:00 AM
The replay was fucked up people. I had to get out of bed and hit the computer because of it.

Fox changed shit around.

This is a good sign. We are gaining ground.

N13
01-11-2008, 01:02 AM

Waterboarding would be better.

4RP08inKCMO
01-11-2008, 01:03 AM
I'm 90% sure they cut out part of his immigration response as well. I'll confirm this in a sec.

noiseordinance
01-11-2008, 01:05 AM
I don't know much about anything, but it seems like the people who fear the free market because of the risk of monopolies and whatnot do not realize that there are monopolies that exist, such as the monster that we call the media. I am certain that CNN and Fox are the same damn company.

Sometimes I wonder... does the government control the media, or does the media control the government, or are they one in the same?

ProfNo
01-11-2008, 01:06 AM
Waterboarding would be better.

I should have said:

Who is that Jackass laughing? I seriously want to use "advanced interrogation techniques" on them.

Benaiah
01-11-2008, 01:12 AM
I just got done watching the replay and it was messed up.

I didn't see him talk about elect ability

hebmskebm
01-11-2008, 01:12 AM
Seriously, somone make a YouTube split screen showing the edit, digg the crap out of it, and make a big a stink as you humanly can to as many people as you can. This is blatant censorship at its ugliest.

Derek Johnson
01-11-2008, 01:13 AM
"...why should we not be talking about foreign policy that used to be part of the Republican party? Mr. Republican Robert Taft didn't even want us to be in NATO, and you're saying now that we should continue to borrow money from China to finance this empire that we CAN'T AFFORD?!

Let me see if I get this right....

We borrow 10 billion dollars from China and then we give it to [Gen. Pervez] Musharraf, who is a military dictator, who overthrew an elected government, and then we go to war? We loose all the lives promoting democracy IN IRAQ?!

I mean, what's going on here?

And you're saying that this isn't appealing to Republicans? Where did this come about? I think this is a Republican message, I defend the platform. We used to say 'get rid of the department of education'. It does not say that now. Now Republicans double the size of the department of education, so, WHERE HAVE WE GONE?!

I think we have lost our way. And you make the insinuation that I am less Republican?"

Ron Paul
Jan 10, 2008

N13
01-11-2008, 01:16 AM
I don't know much about anything, but it seems like the people who fear the free market because of the risk of monopolies and whatnot do not realize that there are monopolies that exist, such as the monster that we call the media. I am certain that CNN and Fox are the same damn company.

Sometimes I wonder... does the government control the media, or does the media control the government, or are they one in the same?

Media is 4th branch of government.

riviera1992
01-11-2008, 01:19 AM
Don't forget to download the debates to your computer as they might have it removed from youtube.

Computer
01-11-2008, 01:21 AM
This is a scandal! This is supposed to be a free country, not 1984! Events are not edited out of history and flushed down the memory tube!

devil21
01-11-2008, 01:21 AM
Don't forget to download the debates to your computer as they might have it removed from youtube.

How do you download YT videos?

rwl4
01-11-2008, 01:26 AM
So is this confirmed? Did they indeed cut out parts of RP's answers and/or his response to his electability? If so, can someone provide a youtube link? I'd love to send this to my neocon friend, if it's true.

devil21
01-11-2008, 01:28 AM
So is this confirmed? Did they indeed cut out parts of RP's answers and/or his response to his electability? If so, can someone provide a youtube link? I'd love to send this to my neocon friend, if it's true.

Yeah they did. I watched it too.

JonathanR
01-11-2008, 01:28 AM
How do you download YT videos?

www.keepvid.com

devil21
01-11-2008, 01:29 AM
www.keepvid.com

Thanks!

AceNZ
01-11-2008, 01:37 AM
No really, how much does a news network cost?

Setting up a competing network could be done for around $20M. Buying an existing network would be a lot more.

I won't be the first one to fire a shot thats for sure... but I won't be oppressed in a police state in the future either.

I hate to be the one to break it to you, but you're already living in a police state. It's not the sudden kind like in the movies, it's the slow and insidious variety.

zmyrick19
01-11-2008, 03:20 AM
Setting up a competing network could be done for around $20M. Buying an existing network would be a lot more.

This is an interesting piece PBS did on how much a telecommunications satellite would cost.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71-OSmXBo9U

4RP08inKCMO
01-11-2008, 03:22 AM
I recorded the replay of the debate and just finished fast-forwarding through it (stopped fast-forwarding for Dr. Paul's parts that were included of course ). Here is what they did:

The replay of the debate started at midnight ET. They showed the debate as normal through the Israel discussion. After the Israel discussion, they went to the commercial as normal but when they came back, it went straight into the middle of Romney talking about the ECONOMY AGAIN. They started showing the first topic of the debate in the middle of this thing. This happened at around 1:15 am ET. At 1:21 am ET, they got to the Reagan question for McCain for the second time where he said “prin…ci…ple,” real slow like an idiot. Immediately after McCain mentions the “bridge to nowhere,” it goes to commercial in the middle of him speaking. When they return from commercial, they are magically on the last segment which was over immigration. An entire segment was removed including the electability question.

Now I don't know if this was done directly against Paul, but it is definitely very suspicious. Here is part of it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbifbtAKTT0.

LibertyEagle
01-11-2008, 03:28 AM

Sounds like Giuliani's giggle.

Lord Xar
01-11-2008, 03:41 AM
is his youtubed and compared?
is there a digg article for this..

lets spread this FAST AND FURIOUS.. NOW.....

AceNZ
01-11-2008, 03:49 AM
()

MalcolmGandi
01-11-2008, 04:14 AM
I was at the debate, and I booed really loud whenever the question was asked about electability... I guess the microphones were closer to the front :p

Benaiah
01-11-2008, 04:18 AM
2nd rerun is on TV at my work. After the candidates talk about Pakistan/Israel, it cuts back to the very first question again.

[edit] nm.

deedles
01-11-2008, 05:17 AM
This is the same Fox that edited the AP articles just a few days ago, right? Nothing is beneath them.

freelance
01-11-2008, 06:40 AM
Unfortunately, the FEC has said that the stations have a right to broadcast LIES.

Eponym_mi
01-11-2008, 07:09 AM
Faux leaves it out for replays, but C-SPAN play it this morning. People know it was asked.

tcindie
01-11-2008, 09:30 AM
Fox censors news. 1984 anyone?

Since when does Fox actually report news? Fox & News in the same phrase is an oxymoron: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6737097743434902428
This film has a very obvious liberal bent, but still does a good job of showing how Fox treats "news". I consider myself a very hard-line conservative (and regrettably admit I used to be a Neo-Con). So my endorsement of this video should say something.

As for 1984... Yes... Fox is like the mouthpiece of Big Brother. In fact, it seems most of the media is on their side. It's really sad that so many people are still asleep.

http://a19.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/122/l_e188efd3368caf27efacdca0870f9e12.jpg

Down with Big Brother

Down with Big Brother

Down with Big Brother

Down with Big Brother

Down with Big Brother

gjdavis60
01-11-2008, 09:44 AM
If they edit the replay it's not really the same debate, is it? Unlike a sporting event, you can't flip to the score to see who won; you have to make up your own mind by seeing the whole thing. By chopping the replay, they change the outcome. Sort of like counting select precincts in an election. Disturbing.

enjerth
01-11-2008, 10:10 AM
I hope people jump on the BOYCOTT FOX (and their advertisers) bandwagon in droves now.

We really need to hit them where it hurts. I lament that I used to watch them regularly, but on the other hand, that puts me in a position to actually hurt them more.

Ira Aten
01-11-2008, 10:18 AM
Countrywide Home Loan is a big Fox advertiser. They almost went into Chapter 11 until BOA agreed to buy them out just yesterday.

Boycott Countrywide, and let BOA decide whether to advertise on Fox again. Fox permanently losing one of the biggest loan servicer/lenders in the country (as an advertiser) would be very, very sweet.

We boycott. New Management decides...

Thomas Paine
01-11-2008, 10:22 AM
Fox News has now become the 21st Century version of Pravda, which was the sole government media outlet for the USSR.

PrismPaul
01-11-2008, 10:28 AM
It is Giuliani giggling. He giggles whenever Ron Paul's name is mentioned in the debates now, and whenever Ron Paul speaks. Someone needs to make a YT medley of those instances and then point out that Paul leads Giuliani after Iowa and NH and say: "is that nervous laughter?"

A. Havnes
01-11-2008, 10:31 AM
Someone on youtube also claimed that this question was cut during the rerun. Talk about censorship! I wonder what can be done to stop this behavior.

purepaloma
01-11-2008, 10:35 AM
Someone please post this stuff to http://www.BanFoxNews.com !!

We need to get that site going with more material and the media may catch on.

JoshLowry
01-11-2008, 11:24 AM
Sickening.

Chernitsky
01-11-2008, 11:27 AM
and to think so many of you blindly followed FNC for so long

mjp1025
01-11-2008, 11:31 AM
Of COURSE they took it out...it's what won the debate for Dr. Paul!

PlzPeopleWakeUp
01-11-2008, 01:06 PM
nt

disciple
01-11-2008, 01:19 PM
We need a multimillion dollars legal suit by the people (us) against Fox news, we can bring them down and we can get rich in the process.

If we can pool our money together we can hire the best lawyers, and they too can make a fortune.

Let's hit it where it hurts.

Great publicity too.

What do you guys think?

disciple
01-11-2008, 01:20 PM
Do we have lawyers on board?

Thomas Paine
01-11-2008, 01:46 PM
Yes, I'm a lawyer. However, I am no expert in Media law nor an expert on FCC regulations. However, I do have a background in First Amendment law.

In layman terms, Fox News can spin the news however it wants so long as it does not defame a person in the process. Now, we as Ron Paul supporters may not like how Fox News spins the news on Ron Paul. However, unless Fox News is defaming Ron Paul in any way, which it is not (so far), then neither Ron Paul or his supporters have standing to bring a lawsuit against Fox News. If we don't like how Fox News is spinning the news on Ron Paul, then are recourse is not through the courts but through non-litigation means such as boycotting sponsors and setting the record straight on Ron Paul through other news media including the internet.

In the early days of the Republic, there was no such thing as a non-partisan newspaper. Every newspaper was sponsored directly by a candidate, a party, or a special interest group. Consequently, every newspaper was very partisan. Now, there is nothing to prevent us Ron Paul supporters from starting our own news network. Fox News got started by finding a niche audience that it could appeal to like no other mainstream media. I think that today there is a niche audience developing for an alternative media source other than Fox News and the existing main stream media.

jimithng23
01-11-2008, 01:50 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLjRXoH2nbc

digg it!!!

dugg!!!

screw fox!!!!

disciple
01-11-2008, 01:51 PM
Yes, I'm a lawyer. However, I am no expert in Media law nor an expert on FCC regulations. However, I do have a background in First Amendment law.

In layman terms, Fox News can spin the news however it wants so long as it does not defame a person in the process. Now, we as Ron Paul supporters may not like how Fox News spins the news on Ron Paul. However, unless Fox News is defaming Ron Paul in any way, which it is not (so far), then neither Ron Paul or his supporters have standing to bring a lawsuit against Fox News. If we don't like how Fox News is spinning the news on Ron Paul, then are recourse is not through the courts but through non-litigation means such as boycotting sponsors and setting the record straight on Ron Paul through other news media including the internet.

In the early days of the Republic, there was no such thing as a non-partisan newspaper. Every newspaper was sponsored directly by a candidate, a party, or a special interest group. Consequently, every newspaper was very partisan. Now, there is nothing to prevent us Ron Paul supporters from starting our own news network. Fox News got started by finding a niche audience that it could appeal to like no other mainstream media. I think that today there is a niche audience developing for an alternative media source other than Fox News and the existing main stream media.

Thanks for the information; and I do think that we should start our own news network as a for-profit enterprise with shareholders.

disciple
01-11-2008, 01:52 PM

digg it!!!

dugg!!!

screw fox!!!!

This is belittling, definitely.

Defamation, anyone?

disciple
01-11-2008, 01:54 PM

digg it!!!

dugg!!!

screw fox!!!!

Do you have a digg link?

phoenixrising
01-11-2008, 02:07 PM
yes....heck we never even saw that clip by the time it hit hawai'i!! i found it last nite here on the boards--unbelievable

phoenixrising
01-11-2008, 02:13 PM
I was at the debate, and I booed really loud whenever the question was asked about electability... I guess the microphones were closer to the front :p
k...u r the first one i've seen post u were at the debate.....WHAT did romney do when RP was speaking & they tried to make him look foolish by saying he responded incorrectly about "other candidates being passive etc..." ?????

familydog
01-11-2008, 02:15 PM
Do we have a video of the edited replay? If so sorry I missed it.

dmspilot00
01-11-2008, 02:22 PM
But the fact is that Fox News calls itself "Fair and Balanced." Obviously they are not when they censor a candidate, editing and cutting parts from a debate. Fraud?

jimithng23
01-11-2008, 02:23 PM
Do you have a digg link?

http://www.digg.com/2008_us_elections/Cut_from_re_air_What_Fox_News_doesn_t_want_you_too _see

there you go!

dmspilot00
01-11-2008, 02:35 PM
I recorded the replay of the debate and just finished fast-forwarding through it (stopped fast-forwarding for Dr. Paul's parts that were included of course ). Here is what they did:

The replay of the debate started at midnight ET. They showed the debate as normal through the Israel discussion. After the Israel discussion, they went to the commercial as normal but when they came back, it went straight into the middle of Romney talking about the ECONOMY AGAIN. They started showing the first topic of the debate in the middle of this thing. This happened at around 1:15 am ET. At 1:21 am ET, they got to the Reagan question for McCain for the second time where he said “prin…ci…ple,” real slow like an idiot. Immediately after McCain mentions the “bridge to nowhere,” it goes to commercial in the middle of him speaking. When they return from commercial, they are magically on the last segment which was over immigration. An entire segment was removed including the electability question.

Now I don't know if this was done directly against Paul, but it is definitely very suspicious. Here is part of it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbifbtAKTT0.

Wait a second, this is really messed up. They actually went back to the beginning in the middle of the debate? That McCain clip, where he says "bridge to nowhere" and the caption underneath says "What has happened to reagan conservatism?" happened only 20 minutes into the debate. In the replay you recorded, they then go to a commercial, and they come back with Hume saying it is their final segment, which in real life didn't occur until about the 1 hour 20 minute mark, A FULL HOUR later. WTF??

BTW "bridge to nowhere" was not the last thing McCain said, he kept talking after that! About climate change no less!

barbz
01-11-2008, 02:54 PM
You want to get a better understanding of what msm are up to? Watch this video, starting at about the 41 or 42 minute mark. RFK Jr provides a very easy to understand explanation. You may decide to not watch them ever again after hearing what he has to say.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3954858769441262005

I want to thank whoever posted this link on RPF a couple of days ago. This (Greg Palast and RFK in NYC- MayDay 2007) was one of the most enlightening, best videos I've seen.

Thomas Paine
01-11-2008, 03:18 PM
But the fact is that Fox News calls itself "Fair and Balanced." Obviously they are not when they censor a candidate, editing and cutting parts from a debate. Fraud?

In every type of fraud lawsuit, there have to be recoverable damages. Assuming arguendo fraud on the part of Fox News, what are the monetary damages that each viewer has incurred??? Furthermore, not every viewer is going to agree that Fox News has committed fraud.

traitorist
01-11-2008, 03:36 PM
You want to get a better understanding of what msm are up to? Watch this video, starting at about the 41 or 42 minute mark. RFK Jr provides a very easy to understand explanation. You may decide to not watch them ever again after hearing what he has to say.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3954858769441262005

I want to thank whoever posted this link on RPF a couple of days ago. This (Greg Palast and RFK in NYC- MayDay 2007) was one of the most enlightening, best videos I've seen.

wow, excellent video so far.

29ytsejam
01-11-2008, 04:46 PM
I don't think this is a matter of Faux trying to censor his response because they thought it was damaging. The debate ran slightly longer than 90 minutes, so to keep their schedule straight they had to cut a segment. Of course, they decided to cut a Ron Paul segment, because in their eyes he's the least "important" candidate up there. I really don't think there's anything more sinister behind it than that, in this case. Sorry, I just had to play devil's advocate. Flame away.

dmspilot00
01-11-2008, 04:51 PM
I don't think this is a matter of Faux trying to censor his response because they thought it was damaging. The debate ran slightly longer than 90 minutes, so to keep their schedule straight they had to cut a segment. Of course, they decided to cut a Ron Paul segment, because in their eyes he's the least "important" candidate up there. I really don't think there's anything more sinister behind it than that, in this case. Sorry, I just had to play devil's advocate. Flame away. That's not it. Read the other posts a few posts up. In the replay, in the middle of the debate they went back to the beginning and showed part of it twice. Also, in the replay, there was McCain talking about "bridge to nowhere," then a commercial, and then they came back with the "final segment," which in reality occurred a full hour after the bridge comment.

The Dane
01-11-2008, 05:17 PM
http://www.digg.com/2008_us_elections/Cut_from_re_air_What_Fox_News_doesn_t_want_you_too _see

there you go!

was buried at around 3500 diggs.

"Ron Paul" should not have be included in the text!

barbz
01-11-2008, 05:28 PM

Maybe this has something to do with it...

CBS News announced a partnership with Digg, the social news site that allows its membership base to vote on and determine which stories and headlines...

http://www.mediaweek.com/mw/news/interactive/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003694021

The Dane
01-11-2008, 06:37 PM
Now its back up??

at around 4500 diggs. What happened?

dawnbt
01-11-2008, 06:50 PM

Calling him crazy and a nutjob is not defaming. Rigging focus groups and coaching them to say "Ron Paul" is the loser (there is an article on this on Daily Paul~ from yeterdays fiasco) and intentional smears aren't defaming? People only think he's crazy because they are fed that crap.

ralucelom
01-11-2008, 06:51 PM
i mean its not necessarily a conspiracy. The media outlets are owned by multi billion dollar corporatiions that have their own bias, personal interests as well as corporate interests. Regardless of if a candidate has invested or if something of the under the table sort has occured, the fact remains that the head of a company will want to skew everything to his or her own views and wants.

Absent even this skewing, they just want ratings. Its not journalism in the least.

dawnbt
01-11-2008, 07:05 PM

It's TOP in all topics!!

http://www.digg.com/all

Lord Xar
01-11-2008, 07:12 PM
where did that youtube comparision video go?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KO3ljJ2UhL8

wasn't that it?

Paulbot_9876
01-11-2008, 07:18 PM
this just makes me sick of the bs they pull.....not only fox but cnn also.....they are stirring emotions here and our country has been taken over......for those who dont believe it....this should be more than enough evidence even for the dumb and blinded.....its got to stop people.....

Enano1983
01-11-2008, 07:50 PM
Oh wow, the more stuff that happens the more I feel like we're in a war or at the very least a somewhat slow chess game. We make a move, the networks make a move, we make one, they make one.
Glad to see that the "agreement" between digg and CBS hasn't kept it from the top spot.
I wasn't able to see the original debate due to work but I watched the RP parts on youtube when I got home.
Fan-freaking-tastic. Fortunately I forced my roomate to watch it with me and he said afterwards "this guy totally rocks! now I understand why you like him!"
Reeling in the RP converts, one by one. lol.
I loved the electability question where he seriously took it, rolled it up, and... well, you know the rest. the "Truthers" question was great as well. Way to point out fox's censorship right then and there!
BoooooYAH!!!!

4RP08inKCMO
01-11-2008, 08:20 PM
This outlines what went down fairly well: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JE6Us5-UB5Y.

rg123
01-11-2008, 08:56 PM
Countrywide Home Loan is a big Fox advertiser. They almost went into Chapter 11 until BOA agreed to buy them out just yesterday.

Boycott Countrywide, and let BOA decide whether to advertise on Fox again. Fox permanently losing one of the biggest loan servicer/lenders in the country (as an advertiser) would be very, very sweet.

We boycott. New Management decides...

BOA is just as bad and a part of the government & military. "google BOA military" I believe all military personal and goverment credit is through BOA so basically it is the same war arm as fox but in a different capacity.