PDA

View Full Version : What colleges are in Ron's district?

last4ever
01-11-2008, 12:11 AM
I swear, if he doesn't get the nomination I will seriously consider transferring to a school in his district. I have family in TX so I can get state rates.

Anyone know what colleges are in his district?

MBA2008
01-11-2008, 12:14 AM
Univeristy of Texas Medical Branch is in Galveston.

There is also a campus of Texas AM. I think are a couple of other smaller schools as well in Galveston.

Other towns/counties in his dictrict are bound to have a few junior colleges as well.

last4ever
01-11-2008, 12:24 AM
Univeristy of Texas Medical Branch is in Galveston.

There is also a campus of Texas AM. I think are a couple of other smaller schools as well in Galveston.

Other towns/counties in his dictrict are bound to have a few junior colleges as well.

I'm intrested in a polysci/international studies program. I'll have 2 yrs of community college after next semester. Any ideas?

Thanks!

annamoo
01-11-2008, 12:38 AM
I live in his district, I am a med student at UTMB. There aren't any major 4 year universities in his district for bachelor's degrees that I know of, the closest are in Houston. In Galveston, there is Galveston Community College, UTMB, and those are the only 2 I know of. Now that I think of it, Texas A&M has a Galveston campus, but its not the main campus of A&M and I don't know much about it except of course there is a major focus on marine bio at that campus. So that is the biggest university for bachelor's degrees I know of down here, but I don't know what kind of liberal arts programs they have...

UTMB is a major med school and grad school for biology, and they do have some bachelor's programs in respiratory therapy but that's not your interest so you wouldn't want to come here just to be in RP's district.....

If you are interested in a liberal arts program like you mentioned, and want to attend a 4 year university, you might consider Houston, there are tons of programs and schools there, and you'd be close but not actually in the district. I drive back home and come back here all the time, and its not far - 50 minute drive from the island to Houston. If you went to school in Houston, you wouldn't be able to vote for him, but you could be involved in his campaign nonetheless pretty easily! (I would consider you an honorary member of the district myself!)

It is pretty fun to cruise along and see his signs on the island that say RON PAUL US REP DISTRICT 14 and point to his office. They are green and lovely and makey me happy :)

theseus51
01-11-2008, 12:43 AM
It is pretty fun to cruise along and see his signs on the island that say RON PAUL US REP DISTRICT 14 and point to his office. They are green and lovely and makey me happy :)

Me and gf and one of those signs:

http://a282.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/54/l_1a40c34d19f3fec45e3aaa05b6ae1659.jpg

AggieforPaul
01-11-2008, 01:21 AM
Texas A&M Galveston is there

09Ag
01-11-2008, 01:32 AM
I went to Texas A&M Galveston for a year. You get the same diploma as the main campus. It's mainly known for marine biology (#1 in the country).