PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else LOVE angry Ron Paul?

crackyflipside
01-10-2008, 11:54 PM
Nothing gets me more excited in the debates than when I see Dr. Paul start to get riled up at an issue. He gets into a stronger posture and really delivers his words with so much power.

Like in the SC Debates, the electability question, he was getting the attitude and the borrowing money from China line was SPECTACULAR.

RP 247
01-10-2008, 11:55 PM
werd.

it feels like he got his second wind.

ChooseLiberty
01-10-2008, 11:57 PM
Alpha male Ron Paul in a steel cage smack down. :D

mconder
01-10-2008, 11:58 PM
I wish someone would have let him out of his cage a few months ago.

derdy
01-10-2008, 11:59 PM
Ron Paul is a smooth operator! He's been in this game a long time and I'm sure this the ace up his sleeve! :D

angrydragon
01-11-2008, 12:00 AM
YES, we need more Ron Paul that's like this.

aymn27
01-11-2008, 12:04 AM
Nothing gets me more excited in the debates than when I see Dr. Paul start to get riled up at an issue. He gets into a stronger posture and really delivers his words with so much power.

Like in the SC Debates, the electability question, he was getting the attitude and the borrowing money from China line was SPECTACULAR.

AMEN! I'm so freakin fired up (after CNN interview and the electibility question)..I wanna go canvas tonight!!!

Ron Paul Fuckin Rocks!

Dorfsmith
01-11-2008, 12:07 AM
I love it! I'm all fired up again :)

Ethek
01-11-2008, 12:10 AM
I agree Angry Ron Paul is exactly whats needed to get attention in the debates. Once more interest kicks in Media Coordinator extraordinar Jesse has to get some 'human' people pieces out there to soften Doc up.

It may get people to look closer but if anyone goes just off the debates Ron has the stero type of an angry old man.

kjk437
01-11-2008, 12:13 AM
Yes.

wildflower
01-11-2008, 12:17 AM
Yes!

I loved his answer about the Republican party moving away from the platform. I loved when he said, "So let me get this straight - we borrow from China, give money to Musharaff, a dictator who overthrew an elected government, in order to "spread democracy" in Iraq...while we are going in debt, and I'm the one whos not a conservative?" :D :D (paraphrase)

I haven't read the comments on the debate yet, cause I just got back online, but I thought it was really good. I only heard one answer that could've been handled better, but for the most part it was great. :)

derdy
01-11-2008, 12:19 AM
Yes!

I loved his answer about the Republican party moving away from the platform. I loved when he said, "So let me get this straight - we borrow from China, give money to Musharaff, a dictator who overthrew an elected government, in order to "spread democracy" in Iraq...while we are going in debt, and I'm the one whos not a conservative?" :D :D (paraphrase)

I haven't read the comments on the debate yet, cause I just got back online, but I thought it was really good. I only heard one answer that could've been handled better, but for the most part it was great. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8TkmE5t1Pk :D

user
01-11-2008, 12:22 AM
I agree. I would hesitate to tell him to do it on purpose if that's not his style, but he did great in this debate.

gb13
01-11-2008, 12:23 AM
I FUCKING LOVE IT!

I never would have guessed he had it in him. That was honestly the one thing a was a bit nervous about: He always seemed to get flustered and slightly incoherent (for lack of a better word) when attacked.

I am now so confident in his ability to not only defend himself and his philosophies when under attack, and aggressively get his points across.

This was the best RP debate performance I have ever seen.

crackyflipside
01-11-2008, 12:24 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=AvzsiESqVss

More of angry Ron Paul. IMO his best speaking tone.

Flirple
01-11-2008, 12:29 AM
My favorite part was when Ronmey (and everyone else) was laughing and mocking Ron and they had a split screen of Mitt and Ron and a sneering Ron angrily muttered to himself something like "Yeah keep laughing buddy".

He said it quietly so I'm sure none of the other candidates heard it but you could just could feel his rage.

Iwantchange
01-11-2008, 12:34 AM
Agreed!

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-11-2008, 12:35 AM
My favorite part was when Ronmey (and everyone else) was laughing and mocking Ron and they had a split screen of Mitt and Ron and a sneering Ron angrily muttered to himself something like "Yeah keep laughing buddy".

He said it quietly so I'm sure none of the other candidates heard it but you could just could feel his rage.

Yeah what DID he say? I kind of saw that.

user
01-11-2008, 01:16 AM

I saw that too, I asked in the other thread what he actually said, because all I could make out was the last word, "buddy". Is everyone sure that's what he said?

kushaze
01-11-2008, 01:19 AM
I would actually like to see Ron Paul get even a little more angry.

hillertexas
01-11-2008, 01:19 AM
"Make fun, buddy."
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/WireStory?id=4117851&page=3

RedLightning
01-11-2008, 01:21 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8TkmE5t1Pk :D

That was stinking awsome.

evandi
01-11-2008, 01:21 AM
I don't like angry Ron Paul, I like appropriately-angry Ron Paul.

It's not the anger, its whether or not its appropriate to just be nice and polite when people are abusing you, or to respond in a way that shows you care and are passionate and angry when you have a reason to.

If he were just always angry I wouldn't like it.

N13
01-11-2008, 01:31 AM
Angry Paul can be the most effective Paul in the right circumstance.

Sure makes me want to bust up an imaginary neo con....with words.

TVMH
01-11-2008, 01:39 AM
As best as I can tell, Dr. Ron Paul marches to the beat of his own individualist drum

His was a perfect display of emotion at the perfect time, I thought.

Let's raise the man some money!!!

phoenixrising
01-11-2008, 01:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by derdy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8TkmE5t1Pk
That was stinking awesome.

============

unbelievable!!! due to timezone dif...i just finished watching the debate & THIS was never shown!!!

georgia_tech_swagger
01-11-2008, 01:46 AM
OMG -- this is the angriest I've ever heard Ron Paul ... and it's ****ing awesome!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJXRa2n6Fe4

romeshomey
01-11-2008, 01:47 AM
I do, but its not good for him to have to get all mad like that. It bothers me that they treat him the way they do. Like a group of bullies picking on the kid who is smarter than them.

szczebrzeszyn
01-11-2008, 01:57 AM
Could somebody tell me what was the response to electability question? I'm on the shitty connection and can't watch youtube... Thanks!!

Luft97
01-11-2008, 02:13 AM
I like the angry Ron Paul as well. If you have ever seen the videos of how passionate he was on the Morton Downey Jr. show in 1988 that is what we need ;)

dkim68
01-11-2008, 02:21 AM
Me too. His anger to me translates into real, genuine concern for the issues. The other candidates are non-chalant because they really don't give a shit. They just want to inherit the throne and live the rest of their days in luxury.

billv
01-11-2008, 02:24 AM
I agree Angry Ron Paul is exactly whats needed to get attention in the debates. Once more interest kicks in Media Coordinator extraordinar Jesse has to get some 'human' people pieces out there to soften Doc up.

It may get people to look closer but if anyone goes just off the debates Ron has the stero type of an angry old man.

Sorry, Fred Thompson already has that title.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-11-2008, 02:26 AM
McCain is the angriest of all, IMO. He's probably been waiting all these decades to get into the White House so he can nuke all of Vietnam for "payback."

adpierce
01-11-2008, 02:43 AM
Do you think Ron Paul is being strategically angry... or he just done holding his composure and just getting pissed... Hell if it works good for him, but it could come off bad to potential voters.

Shavenyak
01-11-2008, 02:43 AM
Alpha male Ron Paul in a steel cage smack down. :D

LOL!!!!

hotbrownsauce
01-11-2008, 02:45 AM
He's pissed about fox, and the smear questions 911 truth, and electibility. He didn't even go to the post show.
HELL YES PAUL! My main man!

austin356
01-11-2008, 02:47 AM
lay da smack down on 'em Paul!!!

Tronchaser
01-11-2008, 03:59 AM
Do you think Ron Paul is being strategically angry... or he just done holding his composure and just getting pissed... Hell if it works good for him, but it could come off bad to potential voters.

That's strategic my friend.... This is how Ron plays the game. He's lulled them into a false sense of "Oh, he's a goofy old man who won't be aggressive enough to fight back when we take a jab at him"... now he strikes back. And NOW they'll take him VERY seriously. They'll (candidates and media) escalate the attacks even more now.

His message resonates with almost everyone that hears it! They may not like some his his potential policies, but damn if he doesn't know what he's talking about! ;)

Ready2Revolt
01-11-2008, 04:47 AM
That's strategic my friend.... This is how Ron plays the game. He's lulled them into a false sense of "Oh, he's a goofy old man who won't be aggressive enough to fight back when we take a jab at him"... now he strikes back. And NOW they'll take him VERY seriously. They'll (candidates and media) escalate the attacks even more now.

His message resonates with almost everyone that hears it! They may not like some his his potential policies, but damn if he doesn't know what he's talking about! ;)

I love Angry Ron Paul. (Not too angry, don't want to get his blood pressure up) That response to the electability question actually converted the last member of my twin brothers office who was a staunch Clinton supporter. Seriously, he really wanted the government to take care of him and the borders open. The first time I saw the RP was the Guiliani exchange and that started the fire in my heart. After NH I needed this.

After putting more thought into though, if he was like this all the time, we probably would have followed his lead and started a riot by now.

FreedomFirst
01-11-2008, 12:04 PM
Do I smell a "Let's Get Angry!" money bomb? :D

RP's responding to the electability question (which I only now just saw, of course, they deleted it in the re-run :rolleyes: ) was very composed and smooth. No stuttering or "ums" or deviations. It made him seem that much more powerful.

Swmorgan77
01-11-2008, 12:24 PM

YEEEEEEAAAAAAHHH!!!!

Man, I did Lincoln-Douglas debate in High School and I would LOOOVE to have 10 minutes for myself in one of these debates. They wouldn't know what hit em.

RonPaulFTFW
01-11-2008, 12:24 PM
You won't like me when im angry.

Iwantchange
01-11-2008, 12:32 PM
I love angry Paul. I think it's the first time he really started playing more offensively.

Another thing just to add, I personally think Ron Paul was dead on with the Iran issue. He stated that the other candidates were being a little too hasty, and were ready to go to war. Brit Hume stated to Ron Paul, “what are you arguing for all other candidates supported being passive”, but to me how passive is it when Giuliani and the rest of the candidates essentially said that they supported Bush’s statement of “Iran better watch out or else”, or else what? We go to war? That’s not passive that’s threatening.

Matt Collins
01-11-2008, 12:52 PM
If you want to see Ron get ANGRY watch these two videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHB2I83_N_k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGGDVm4mmTo

Matt Collins
01-11-2008, 12:53 PM
If you want to see Ron get ANGRY watch these two videos:

PS - that hot chick is now an anchor at a FOX affiliate... any wonder? :rolleyes:

A Ron Paul Rebel
01-11-2008, 01:37 PM
I was so pissed at the 'debate party' in Concord on the 8th
that I mentioned to two people very close to Dr. Paul that
I strongly thought that it was time for him to 'GET MAD!!!'

GET MAD like 'Chris Wallace's "Take our martching orders from
Alqueida?" ..."NO!!! From the Constitution!!!" kind of MAD.

They said they would pass on the message. ;):D:D:D:D:)

Hunter

Battlecruiser
01-11-2008, 02:42 PM
This is what got me interested in him in the first place.

dawnbt
01-11-2008, 02:48 PM
See if he dumbs it down.."Let me get this straight. We borrow from China...." people get it! Less Austrian economics (people have no idea what that is) and more "let me break it down for ya"!

Redmenace
01-11-2008, 03:01 PM
I love Ron Paul no matter what the mood, and I say this with 27 years of unblemished heterosexuality, I find angry Ron Paul to be sexy. :D