PDA

View Full Version : Would a USA Today column featuring RON PAUL articles be a good idea?

therealjjj77
01-10-2008, 11:53 PM
Here is the idea. Every day until SUPER DUPER TUESDAY, feature one article relevant to our times in USA Today from:

http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/#art2

People who read newspapers will have no problem reading these very well written articles that address their concerns for our country. This type of marketing is what won Jefferson County in Iowa for Ron Paul and we can expand this to a national level to possibly win Ron Paul the nomination on SUPER DUPER TUESDAY. This is the most effective vote per $ we have seen so who wants to move forward with something like this?

BUMP AFTER YOU VOTE PLEASE!

therealjjj77
01-10-2008, 11:56 PM
bump

DanK
01-11-2008, 12:01 AM
Bump. If it worked in IA, it's bound to work just about anywhere!

therealjjj77
01-11-2008, 12:05 AM
There are 15,600,000 readers weekly I believe.

krott5333
01-11-2008, 12:06 AM
sounds like a great idea to me

DanK
01-11-2008, 12:09 AM
Just one question? How much would this cost? It's probably a lot more expensive to put an ad in USA Today than a newspaper specific to your county...

therealjjj77
01-11-2008, 12:10 AM
Just one question? How much would this cost? It's probably a lot more expensive to put an ad in USA Today than a newspaper specific to your county...

Probably 20,000-30,000 depending on how much space it takes up. I'm thinking about the primaries. We don't have time anymore to do this in, say, Michigan.

Babylon
01-11-2008, 12:12 AM
Here is the idea. Every day until SUPER DUPER TUESDAY, feature one article relevant to our times from:

People who read newspapers will have no problem reading these very well written articles that address their concerns for our country. This type of marketing is what won Jefferson County in Iowa for Ron Paul and we can expand this to a national level to possibly win Ron Paul the nomination on SUPER DUPER TUESDAY. This is the most effective vote per $ we have seen so who wants to move forward with something like this?

You're not talking about the RonPaul Newsletter articles are you? :p

therealjjj77
01-11-2008, 12:34 AM
You're not talking about the RonPaul Newsletter articles are you? :p

Nah, go read the articles here:

These are all written by Ron Paul and are great. You can tell that he has no rival in this day and age in the ability to persuade people through writing.

krott5333
01-11-2008, 12:48 AM
those same articles are available on www.ronpaullibrary.com .. the format is a bit different

therealjjj77
01-11-2008, 12:17 PM
those same articles are available on www.ronpaullibrary.com .. the format is a bit different

100% for yes? Wow!

DeafPalmdale
01-11-2008, 12:23 PM
What the ads will look like?

I Am Weasel
01-11-2008, 01:46 PM
bump bump

but the ads need to show the debt figure our government has obligated, ya know, the nearly $60,000,000,000,000.00 that our future children must owe and can't pay.

therealjjj77
01-11-2008, 02:02 PM
What the ads will look like?

It would be more like a column then an ad. Show his picture in there. For instance:

The Importance of Fiscal Responsibility in Government

As the year draws to a close, the battle over spending in Washington is heating up. The Democrats want to expand government healthcare, while the President has vetoed the second attempt to expand SCHIP.

The latest version of the State Children's Health Insurance Program would have expanded the entitlement program and raised taxes, just as the earlier version did and the President showed fiscal restraint with his veto.

Reducing our entitlement programs here at home is not against saving the children, as the rhetoric goes, it is about saving the country's economy. The fact is we have huge trade imbalances, massive deficits, and a $9 trillion national debt, which balloons to $60 trillion if unfunded future liabilities in social security and other promises we have made to Americans are included.

We are at a crucial point in history right now. We must think very carefully about our next moves. There is coming a time, if we continue on this path, when all that our tax dollars and government revenues will be able to do is pay interest on the mountain of debt we have compiled in the past few decades. That will mean no government programs or services of any kind will be funded, yet future generations of Americans will still struggle under a crushing tax burden with nothing to show for it. That is why fiscal restraint and common sense with the budget are so vitally important in government.

The difference now is that our printing presses at the Federal Reserve are getting worn out as we have expanded our money supply to the breaking point with yet another rate cut this week. As the dollar falls, it is losing its reserve currency status as many countries are shifting to the Euro or the Chinese yuan or other currencies. The more that trend continues, the weaker we become on the world stage. Those foreign governments and entities that enabled us to spend so much for so long are wearing thin and cutting us off.

The truth is our enemies won't need a nuclear weapon to harm us if we keep spending phantom dollars at the current rate. In fact, they won't need to do anything but sit back and watch as we spend ourselves into oblivion. Historically, empires fail because they run out of money, or more accurately, run out of the ability to spend or inflate. Unfortunately, that is exactly the direction we are headed. We need to control spending, immediately, before it is too late.

I applaud the President for his veto of the SCHIP expansion bill. It is a step in the right direction. But it is just one small step. What our economy needs right now is to go full gallop away from the tax and spend policies that have gotten us into this mess.

(picture)
Read more from presidential candidate Ron Paul at www.ronpaullibrary.com and www.ronpaul2008.com.

People reading a newspaper WANT to read.

Cyclone
01-11-2008, 02:40 PM
Of course reading Ron Paul is the best thing for people. I have been saying this till I am blue in the face. But this idea is silly because it would cost nearly 100k per week and we don't have that.

So come up with something workable. How about printing these in local newspapers. Small papers that have some readership. Do something that can be done. Yes, the idea is great. Now what?

For those of you that want to do something, copy a few of Ron's articles and give them to your neighbors. Take along a slim jim and put them on people's doors. If we all did this it would have an impact.

therealjjj77
01-11-2008, 09:31 PM
Of course reading Ron Paul is the best thing for people. I have been saying this till I am blue in the face. But this idea is silly because it would cost nearly 100k per week and we don't have that.

So come up with something workable. How about printing these in local newspapers. Small papers that have some readership. Do something that can be done. Yes, the idea is great. Now what?

For those of you that want to do something, copy a few of Ron's articles and give them to your neighbors. Take along a slim jim and put them on people's doors. If we all did this it would have an impact.

400k for a blimp, i think this is a walk in the park compared to that. =P This would cost roughly 10-20k per day depending on the font size and we have 25? days until the primary so that is 20 days work of advertising at a cost between 150,000-300,000(when you work out a deal for bulk).