PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul would free the most black men since Lincoln.

chrismatthews
01-10-2008, 11:21 PM
I did a quick write-up connecting some of the dots between Kirchick, Giuliani, and the newsletters. Hope you like it.

http://www.thecitizensperspective.com/content/ron-paul-would-free-most-black-men-lincoln

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-10-2008, 11:24 PM
"Ron Paul would free the most black men since Lincoln."

Lol, I don't know if this is a message that will help him with today's GOP. :)

chrismatthews
01-10-2008, 11:28 PM

It's the GOP by and large that is so "outraged" by decades old ghostwritten newsletters. :)

trey4sports
01-10-2008, 11:33 PM
oh boy oh boy

we need a slim0jim with those stats this could be a huge seller and bring in a huge base from obama!!!!!!!!!

email the idea to HQ asap and then create some newspaper ads with the idea and put chipins with them and well round up the money to get them distributed

amy31416
01-10-2008, 11:40 PM
oh boy oh boy

we need a slim0jim with those stats this could be a huge seller and bring in a huge base from obama!!!!!!!!!

email the idea to HQ asap and then create some newspaper ads with the idea and put chipins with them and well round up the money to get them distributed

I don't know that Obama's supporters are necessarily majority black, I'm sure some of them are, but that isn't a great assumption.

Agreed though that we need slim jims with these stats for specific communities.

Proton
01-10-2008, 11:41 PM
Ron Paul supporters are so clever.

trey4sports
01-10-2008, 11:45 PM
anybody have photoshop wanna try making a slimjim ?

cicatrice
01-10-2008, 11:49 PM
*thumbs up*

derdy
01-10-2008, 11:55 PM
You can get a ton of raw data to back that up.

Start here:

http://www.bop.gov/news/quick.jsp

derdy
01-11-2008, 12:08 AM
Look at the number of people who could potentially be freed, given that the drug offenses were non-violent, under a Ron Paul Presidency.

http://www.bop.gov/news/quick.jsp#4

Not just blacks but everyone. Drug abuse is a medicinal issue not a criminal one.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-11-2008, 12:09 AM
Lol if someone makes materials about this, I'm down to go canvas in Watts, Long Beach, Compton, etc. :)

chrismatthews
01-11-2008, 12:15 AM
Not to be a self-promoting jerk, but if you could take a minute to digg this it might get the message out a bit better.

http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/Ron_Paul_would_free_the_most_black_men_since_Linco ln

shasshas
01-11-2008, 12:16 AM
This is a GOOD thing.

Blacks deserve a place in society just as much as whites. More soldiers to uphold our Constitution!

specsaregood
01-11-2008, 12:19 AM
Excellent and insightful. Beautiful!

chrismatthews
01-11-2008, 01:54 AM
Excellent and insightful. Beautiful!

Thank you.

LinearChaos
01-11-2008, 02:02 AM
dugg. good article.

chrismatthews
01-11-2008, 04:05 AM
Look at the number of people who could potentially be freed, given that the drug offenses were non-violent, under a Ron Paul Presidency.

http://www.bop.gov/news/quick.jsp#4

Not just blacks but everyone. Drug abuse is a medicinal issue not a criminal one.

You linked to the federal prisons, once you include state prisons the number is over a quarter of a million people.

Ready2Revolt
01-11-2008, 04:11 AM
Awesome article. Very well written, sourced, thought out. The Campaign should pick this up.

hillertexas
01-11-2008, 04:18 AM
Not to be a self-promoting jerk, but if you could take a minute to digg this it might get the message out a bit better.

http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/Ron_Paul_would_free_the_most_black_men_since_Linco ln

dugg

devil21
01-11-2008, 04:22 AM
I don't know that Obama's supporters are necessarily majority black, I'm sure some of them are, but that isn't a great assumption.

You must not have seen many of Obama's campaign trail speeches :p

hillertexas
01-11-2008, 04:24 AM
I just emailed it to Lew Rockwell

lewrockwell@mac.com

Indy Vidual
01-11-2008, 04:29 AM
Stop The Presses!! :eek:

`````````

Please, make a second (alternate) blog post which doesn't say anything about the TNR and old newsletter BS. A resource with just the drug war related stats would really help Ron's efforts.

hillertexas
01-11-2008, 04:30 AM

`````````

Please, make a second (alternate) blog post which doesn't say anything about the TNR and old newsletter BS. A resource with just the drug war related stats would really help Ron's efforts.

very good point.

Indy Vidual
01-11-2008, 04:32 AM
very good point.

:)

Thank you

FireofLiberty
01-11-2008, 04:45 AM

Well, today's GOP loves to say/pretend that they're the "party of Lincoln."

chrismatthews
01-11-2008, 05:01 PM

`````````

I don't think there's really enough meat on it to stand alone without the Kirchick round-up, and I have to finish an article on Somalia for a deadline. Plus the drug law issue ties in neatly with the fake journalism that Paul is being attacked with.

My piece gives you a good headstart if anyone wants to flesh out a solid analysis of what Paul is proposing. Put it together with sources and email it to me at

editor@thecitizensperspective.com

and I'll publish it and link it around the blogosphere.

chrismatthews
01-13-2008, 03:11 AM
Hey all. Just wanted to thank you for digging this article and for the people that linked it to their blog. We got just over 5000 hits on that one page. Hopefully they weren't all hardcore Paul supporters already.

BeFranklin
01-13-2008, 07:37 AM
bump

Cyclone
01-13-2008, 08:01 AM
Can't we please stop trying to please the GOP? Ron Paul cannot win with that group. Give it up. He can only win with Inds and Dems. But he can win with those groups. The GOP has treated him atrociously.

Besides, 2/3 of the nation are not voting Republican. Where is the story on that? Doesn't this suggest that Ron Paul should not be targeting a tiny portion of a tiny portion of the country?

All of Ron Paul's votes went to Obama in Iowa because some moron thought he had to appeal to evangelicals and they made this huge infomercial that centered on him being pro-life and how religious he is. Think that went over well with the kids? Or the women?

The Inds made up their mind on election day, in NH too. He is losing all of them because he is trying to be the MOST Republican on the stage and guess what, people don't like Republicans right now.

ladyliberty
01-13-2008, 08:10 AM

Lincoln never freed anybody - go back and reread the Emmancipation Proclaimation. He only ended slavery in the confederate states - no jurisdiction there at the time. He never ended slavery in the northern states - that is why they had to escape to Canada.

ladyliberty
01-13-2008, 08:11 AM
Can't we please stop trying to please the GOP? Ron Paul cannot win with that group. Give it up. He can only win with Inds and Dems. But he can win with those groups. The GOP has treated him atrociously.

Besides, 2/3 of the nation are not voting Republican. Where is the story on that? Doesn't this suggest that Ron Paul should not be targeting a tiny portion of a tiny portion of the country?

All of Ron Paul's votes went to Obama in Iowa because some moron thought he had to appeal to evangelicals and they made this huge infomercial that centered on him being pro-life and how religious he is. Think that went over well with the kids? Or the women?

The Inds made up their mind on election day, in NH too. He is losing all of them because he is trying to be the MOST Republican on the stage and guess what, people don't like Republicans right now.

The GOP determines the presidential preference primaries - or have you forgotten about that?

bobmurph
01-13-2008, 08:21 AM
The GOP determines the presidential preference primaries - or have you forgotten about that?

The point isn't that we should "ignore" the GOP. It is that we shouldn't be narrowing RP's platform to fit the GOP "mold". All of RP's policies need to be embraced and advertised. He has nothing to be ashamed of. It is the most consistent principled platform of any candidate.

I'm all for getting the word out that RP would pardon non-violent drug offenders. It can help us win a huge demographic. So what if it pisses off some GOP establisment type voters, at this point in the game, converts from that demographic are few and far between. That is not to say that we cannot still convert votes from this demographic, nor that we shouldn't be trying to, but they are certainly not the low-hanging fruit.

Wyurm
01-13-2008, 08:36 AM
Lincoln never freed anybody - go back and reread the Emmancipation Proclaimation. He only ended slavery in the confederate states - no jurisdiction there at the time. He never ended slavery in the northern states - that is why they had to escape to Canada.

What matters is that most people think Lincoln freed the slaves. Sadly reality is often a matter of perception, not reality.

ladyliberty
01-13-2008, 08:40 AM
We need truth not further perpetuation of lies retold adnasuem - and Ron Paul speaks the TRUTH. The essay is flawed in it's premise. However, if the essayist had approached this from the point of view that Lincoln NEVER freed anyone, and that Ron Paul will free us all - then I would give it my commendation.