PDA

View Full Version : New Idea: Iron-Clad paper trail?

JerryRowe
01-10-2008, 11:20 PM
I had an idea to prevent the kind of insanity that happened in NH...Note these facts first:

1) Notarized affidavits stand up in court.
2) It is free to notarize an "election document." (Most banks notarize things free for their customers (or potential ones).)
3) We have the internet still.

We can do this---have a website that can help keep track of each and every voting precinct, and compare "official" results with *real* ones. We can have one serious paper trail.

The idea is that someone comes to the website around Super Tuesday time. Then, they put in their name, address, voting "area" (coutny, township, whatever), and have a scanned /faxed copy of their affidavit with it.

Basically, think of it as a glorified forum (like this one) where everyone's profile HAS to have a state & visible copy of their affidavit. Then they can mail their notarized affidavit to Dr. No himself (or someone).

I think this could help FORCE more honesty, so the kind of lying doesn't happen again...

What do you guys think?

Or should EVERY RP supporter just do a write-in vote somehow so there is a forced paper trail?

Anyhow---I'd like to hear what others have to say.

RoamZero
01-10-2008, 11:26 PM
It would be very difficult to get everyone on board. It would be more practical to collect some money and pay for a hand recount in NH, and any other state where the exit polls dont match the actual data.

enjoiskaterguy
01-10-2008, 11:28 PM
If you sign up to be a percint caption you get a big list of registered people..plus you get there street name, address #, party, and a place for you to put comments.

Ara825
01-10-2008, 11:32 PM
I've always voted using paper ballot. Does the machine give you a print out showing who you voted for?