PDA

View Full Version : 4th QTR Campaign Donation Totals are In!!!

seawolf
01-10-2008, 11:09 PM
WashingtonPost.com reported today that Hillary Clintion raised $24 Million Dollars for the primary campaign in the 4th qtr of 2007 and that Barack Obama raised $22.5 Million Dollars.

As we all know Ron Paul raised $19.7 Million Dollars during the 4th Quarter which certainly puts us in the top 3 or 4 for the entire period.

However, so far during the first 10 days of January the news is not as good for the Ron Paul Campaign. Thus far in just 10 days in 2008 Barack Obama has raised over $8 Million Dollars, Hillary Clinton over $3 Million, John McCain over $2 Million, Mike Huckabee just under $900,000 and Ron Paul just over $600,000.

The Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times are all reporting these figures. The Bottom Line: It appears the Winners of the two early primaries thus far are raising alot of cash very quickly.

My question to the RP Grassroots is this, can we afford to wait until the next two scheduled MoneyBombs, January 17th and January 21st respectively to donate a large amount of money to the campaign? How much do we need to raise? Can we even come close to Obama or Clinton's totals or even catch John McCain or Mike Huckabee??

The stakes are high and time is very short!!! Your thoughts........

jd603
01-10-2008, 11:11 PM
This is BULL, FEC is no longer active, there's now total BS going on... that's my bet.

Gimme Some Truth
01-10-2008, 11:12 PM
No 4th quarter totals for the other Reps then?

amy31416
01-10-2008, 11:13 PM
This is BULL, FEC is no longer active, there's now total BS going on... that's my bet.

Links or it stinks!

dante
01-10-2008, 11:14 PM

The FEC is active for such matters as these... what isn't active is decisions on doling out matching funds etc... stuff that requires approval of the bipartisan board of FEC directors of which there is no longer a forum

Jobarra
01-10-2008, 11:15 PM
Unfortunately, Dr. Paul actually mentioned the MLK moneybomb in his comments to CNN today about being anti-racist. I think if that moneybomb fizzles it might be bad. I would say giving now helps substantially more though.

Paul4Prez
01-10-2008, 11:36 PM
The fourth quarter reports aren't due until the end of January.

The money bombs will be plenty early.

Prepare the bomb bay!

frasu
01-10-2008, 11:41 PM
I think we should just donate and we could make $1mill money bomb on MLK day just to show support... all we have to focus now is on giving RP money as fast as we can

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-10-2008, 11:42 PM
We have plenty of money now, and Ron has already spoken publicly about the jan 17th bomb, so that's the plan now. It's going to be VERY hard to top the tea party, so I say we hold back if we need to in order to make that bomb really work.

noztnac
01-10-2008, 11:45 PM
My message to the mainstream media...

http://www.geocities.com/wabasso/images/Billboard_ad.jpg

Taco John
01-10-2008, 11:46 PM
I'm giving on MLK day. Money bombs have been our bread and butter.

Fire up the toaster!