PDA

View Full Version : They just helped Ron Paul

Naraku
01-10-2008, 11:03 PM
They should have played the ignore game, seriously. Fox News was clearly out to get Ron Paul tonight and it was incredibly obvious from what I could tell. All of their questions and statements were false on their face or geared towards hurting him.

With suddenly bringing attention to the newsletter and giving him exposure, he's hit it all out of the park and they FUCKED up!

Big mistake guys, he got fifth in two states, he was suffering in the polls and you just helped him like you could never imagine. We'll see how much he's been helped, but if the Democrats in Michigan get a whiff of things going on in their state and learn about Ron Paul you'll be wishing you never tried to go after him cause he'll sweep the vote there bounce back and take the front of the stage in the primaries.

Paulitical Correctness
01-10-2008, 11:05 PM
I personally think tonight will hurt him.

Hope you're right, though.

xtravar
01-10-2008, 11:06 PM
Sometimes I wonder if Fox is on our side... but that would probably be the craziest conspiracy ever posted on this forum.

Austin
01-10-2008, 11:07 PM
Sometimes I wonder if Fox is on our side... but that would probably be the craziest conspiracy ever posted on this forum.

Haha, I have had similar thoughts. They keep pushing different neocons in each debate to weaken the field. They do this so Paul can take over the split vote.

Fox loves Paul.

Doriath
01-10-2008, 11:07 PM
I agree. Any exposure for Paul is good and he did well tonight.

Victory cigars all around!

Original_Intent
01-10-2008, 11:08 PM

Hope you're right, though.

What debate were you watching???

HazardPerry
If Americans are as stupid as I've been led to believe so far...this will probably hurt him. The raving mob mentality of some voters is ridiculous. But I have hope that Americans are NOT as naiive as I assume...I want to see some movement. I cannot believe that nobody there stood up for Ron...it goes beyond being a 'fix,' it is just conditioned groupthink

Naraku

One of his responses was bad, but I can tell you some of the stuff they've been doing. He's been suffering since New Hampshire in the polls, we've all seen it. Fox News just gave him some big support.

Fact is, they've been slamming him after he's been doing bad, kicking him while he's down, which is the dumbest thing you can do in politics when you don't have good dirt. If there's one thing that helps a candidate more than anything else it's vindication. The media just gave him an assload of vindication.

Bilgefisher
01-10-2008, 11:10 PM
Whats the saying on here.
First they ignore you,
Then they ridicule you,
The they attack you,
Then they lose.

JustBcuz
01-10-2008, 11:10 PM
Haha, I have had similar thoughts. They keep pushing different neocons in each debate to weaken the field. They do this so Paul can take over the split vote.

Fox loves Paul.

I'm beginning to wonder if Faux & the GOP are pushing for a brokered convention so they can run someone who's not one of these losers (RP doesn't count :) ) in November.

Paulitical Correctness
01-10-2008, 11:11 PM
What debate were you watching???

Try and take another look, through an unenlightened sheeple's eyes.

WE all thought this was an excellent debate.

What about non-Paulites, though?

They're going to keep showing the clip where Ron "misunderstood" the question, and can hear Giuliani's outrageous laughter to the side.

jimithng23
01-10-2008, 11:11 PM
the response on how he would have handled the latest iranian provocation drew laughter from the other candidates as well as the audience. i think that was the low point. otherwise, i thought he took those curveballs from that pencil necked moderator and jacked 'em outta the park onto waveland avenue baby!

Catatonic
01-10-2008, 11:12 PM
They've backed themselves into a corner. They can ignore him and show their bias, or they can bring him on and get owned by him. They're trying to walk a tight rope and do both at the same time, but that doesn't work either.

gracebkr
01-10-2008, 11:13 PM

LMAO

The fox conspiracy is a fox conspiracy

UNC08
01-10-2008, 11:14 PM
When asked the question about Ron Paul losing she shrugged and gave a VERY hesitant raised hand in agreement. Almost as though she was going against what she truly though...as if coerced.

Indy Vidual
01-10-2008, 11:15 PM
I'm beginning to wonder if Faux & the GOP are pushing for a brokered convention so they can run someone who's not one of these losers (RP doesn't count :) ) in November.

Eye of Newt?
Jeb of Bush??
Yuck!

Indy Vidual
01-10-2008, 11:16 PM

RP had some great highlights tonight. :)

Ninja Homer
01-10-2008, 11:17 PM
If Ron Paul wasn't on, they wouldn't have any viewers. I'm sure they realized that when they left him out of the last debate.

hrdman2luv
01-10-2008, 11:20 PM

Thats not true. The first impression if it's bad, takes ten good to make it up.

Naraku
01-10-2008, 11:20 PM
Well, in part, I think on the Iran matter Thompson didn't seem all that cautious.

scholarpreneur
01-10-2008, 11:26 PM
Whats the saying on here.
First they ignore you,
Then they ridicule you,
The they attack you,
Then they lose.

Actually, that "saying" is from Gandhi. :D But yep those are profound words.

Bison
01-10-2008, 11:34 PM
Try and take another look, through an unenlightened sheeple's eyes.

WE all thought this was an excellent debate.

What about non-Paulites, though?

They're going to keep showing the clip where Ron "misunderstood" the question, and can hear Giuliani's outrageous laughter to the side.

RP was responding to what Rudy had just said. Thats all. It was Hume that made a big deal out of him not answering the original question.

Paulitical Correctness
01-10-2008, 11:36 PM
RP was responding to what Rudy had just said. Thats all. It was Hume that made a big deal out of him not answering the original question.

I know this, but maybe I'm not giving the average American enough credit. Maybe they saw through his shit.

DAFTEK
01-10-2008, 11:45 PM
Can i get some of the grassroots you guys are smoking? How do you guys see Fox on RP side i don't know, i have to admit thou that i did wonder about this sometimes, but this was before they excluded him.

gb13
01-10-2008, 11:49 PM

I just finished mine. I needed a nice Oliva Serie V, because Ron Paul DOMINATED!!!

And the V is slightly symbolic, if you catch my drift ;)

paulgeek
01-10-2008, 11:50 PM
How come Paul gets ridiculed for not answering the original question? That's the way a good politician handles questions.

texasbelle
01-10-2008, 11:51 PM
It was obvious Fox was trying to marginalize Paul and I think Huckabee also. I think it backfired on them. My sister (who I will be blunt and identify as a sheeple...:p) watched and could see that they were blatantly rude to Ron Paul. Then when the "focus group" :rolleyes:came out she said it was so obvious Fox is biased.

tcindie
01-11-2008, 12:01 AM
I just finished mine. I needed a nice Oliva Serie V, because Ron Paul DOMINATED!!!

And the V is slightly symbolic, if you catch my drift ;)

Slightly? :)

http://a19.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/122/l_e188efd3368caf27efacdca0870f9e12.jpg

Down with Big Brother

Down with Big Brother

Down with Big Brother

Down with Big Brother

Down with Big Brother

literatim
01-11-2008, 12:04 AM
Can i get some of the grassroots you guys are smoking? How do you guys see Fox on RP side i don't know, i have to admit thou that i did wonder about this sometimes, but this was before they excluded him.

Who here said Fox is on Ron Paul's side? No one. What they did, by attacking him, is give him the spotlight. He suffered in the polls in SC after Iowa and NH. If they were smart they would have just ignore him instead of attacking him. What is attacking him going to accomplish? Get him even lower in the polls?

slantedview
01-11-2008, 12:10 AM
i agree. they would have been better off ignoring him.

NoPants
01-11-2008, 12:11 AM
It was obvious Fox was trying to marginalize Paul and I think Huckabee also. I think it backfired on them. My sister (who I will be blunt and identify as a sheeple...:p) watched and could see that they were blatantly rude to Ron Paul. Then when the "focus group" :rolleyes:came out she said it was so obvious Fox is biased.

Hell yeah, I watched with a first time Ron Paul listener and he said the same.

My 18 year old brother in law came over just before the debate and stayed to watch. He had heard of Dr. Paul but didn't know anything about him (even though he found out later in the night his girlfriend is voting for him!). While watching the debate he had a few questions on the issues, and he didn't always understand the responses because he hadn't seen the previous debates. He's not very excited by politics, and felt apathetic like many of did, but DEFINITELY not a sheep by any means. Post debate he acknowledged that Dr. Paul was a dead ringer for the best of show and extremely surprised by the "Fred Focus Group". I think he's in it for the long run now. After he left I got a call a 30 minutes later asking for the website for this forum!

Before the debate started he called his girlfriend to let her know to watch. He looked at me and said, "What channel is it on", and I responded, "Fox News." He looked at me again and said, "Isn't that the station that sucks?" I said, "Yes it is."

Overall, it was a great night.

slantedview
01-11-2008, 12:12 AM

lol. as for whether or not tonight hurt or helped, i'd say helped. he hit that crap out of the park!

nate895
01-11-2008, 12:12 AM
They should have played the ignore game, seriously. Fox News was clearly out to get Ron Paul tonight and it was incredibly obvious from what I could tell. All of their questions and statements were false on their face or geared towards hurting him.

With suddenly bringing attention to the newsletter and giving him exposure, he's hit it all out of the park and they FUCKED up!

Big mistake guys, he got fifth in two states, he was suffering in the polls and you just helped him like you could never imagine. We'll see how much he's been helped, but if the Democrats in Michigan get a whiff of things going on in their state and learn about Ron Paul you'll be wishing you never tried to go after him cause he'll sweep the vote there bounce back and take the front of the stage in the primaries.

It's in my prayers.

JaylieWoW
01-11-2008, 12:15 AM
How come Paul gets ridiculed for not answering the original question? That's the way a good politician handles questions.

QFT!!!

tsopranos
01-11-2008, 12:18 AM
the response on how he would have handled the latest iranian provocation drew laughter from the other candidates as well as the audience. i think that was the low point. otherwise, i thought he took those curveballs from that pencil necked moderator and jacked 'em outta the park onto waveland avenue baby!

Actually, Ron was correct on that too...from lewrockwell (http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/018515.html)

Faux News tried to suggest that Ron Paul had it wrong in sizing up the bellicose response the comical speedboat incident but didn't Huckabee talk about sending them to hell and didn’t Thompson talk about sending them to meet their "virgins"?

Ding ding ding, we have a winner.

Doriath
01-11-2008, 12:20 AM
Thats not true. The first impression if it's bad, takes ten good to make it up.

It depends, and in Paul's case, given the fact that so few people still seem to have heard of him, any pub is good pub. And in the case of tonight's debate, it was great pub.

Will it ultimately make a difference? I dunno. Everyone saw fuck you frank's groups, and while they are not statistically projectable, they illustrate a key point every market researcher knows: People may like your product, but still not buy it. Because other issues come in. In the focus group's case it was electability. Even thought it's a secret ballot, people don't like to vote for a "loser." Bottom line: People make decisions with their heart, not their head. Sadly.

DrCap
01-11-2008, 12:21 AM

I emailed my local network when the forum thing first hit, but they sent it to foxnews and I never got a response. So I thanked my local network after the forum issue helped him get on Jay Leno, telling them essentially 'I thought youwere against RP, but I guess I was wrong. Thank you' No response from them.

BobTaft
01-11-2008, 12:21 AM
Paul isn't going to win with this crowd because they have it ingrained in their brains that to be a Republican you have to not only support the Iraq War but the upcoming Iran version as well. At least until W is finished with his second term. Then, if a Demo should win the White House it will be amazing how many GOPers turn anti-war.

Allen72289
01-11-2008, 12:23 AM
My point exactly.

By President Paul ignoring msm when they want him it shows msm is the weaker one.

Naraku
01-11-2008, 12:23 AM
I think you got that reversed. If people voted with their heart they'd pick Paul and say screw the other guys. They're voting with their head, ignoring what they know to be wrong for what they think to be correct.

Doriath
01-11-2008, 12:29 AM
I think you got that reversed. If people voted with their heart they'd pick Paul and say screw the other guys. They're voting with their head, ignoring what they know to be wrong for what they think to be correct.

Yeah, you'd think. But when I say people vote with their heart, I mean people vote for what makes them feel good. What makes them a winner. Feels good to be part of the "team", y'know?

Paul did good tonight, but he has a lot of fighting left if he wants to get back in this thing.

BillyFromPhilly
01-11-2008, 12:30 AM
I know this, but maybe I'm not giving the average American enough credit. Maybe they saw through his shit.

The undecided voter I watched with certainly did. I really believe RP gained my friend's support just on the basis of how patently obvious the disdain Fox treated him with.

"What are they so afraid of?"

parke
01-11-2008, 12:35 AM
Slightly? :)

http://a19.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/122/l_e188efd3368caf27efacdca0870f9e12.jpg

Down with Big Brother

Down with Big Brother

Down with Big Brother

Down with Big Brother

Down with Big Brother

Fcuk Fox News

Fcuk Fox News

Fcuk Fox News

Fcuk Fox News

Fcuk Fox News

Fcuk Fox News

alexa doherty