thomaspaine23
07-23-2007, 07:10 PM
Hey everyone,

I ran across an interesting link today. For those who think the Federal Reserve
is a part of the government,

https://sos-res.state.de.us/tin/GINameSearch.jsp

type in Federal Reserve

you will note its incorporation date of 1914

So The Federal Reserve is just as "Federal" as Federal Express which is of course
not at all.

That's a pretty good starting point when you talk to people about fiat currency IMO

Scribbler de Stebbing
07-23-2007, 07:12 PM
It's "quasi-private" or "quasi-governmental" depending on how you look at it. It is sanctioned by the federal govt to regulate our monetary system, is a sanctioned monopoly, and its chairman is appointed by POTUS. Similar to the post office, sort of.

jd603
07-23-2007, 07:19 PM
Also, keep in mind JFK signed an executive order to allow the US government to print their own money without the federal reserve. They did so, $4b worth , then he was killed. He also angered the CIA by saying he'd eliminate them, so one of those organizations was definitely involved in his murder.

JosephTheLibertarian
07-23-2007, 07:19 PM
It's "quasi-private" or "quasi-governmental" depending on how you look at it. It is sanctioned by the federal govt to regulate our monetary system, is a sanctioned monopoly, and its chairman is appointed by POTUS. Similar to the post office, sort of.

AKA fascism

Gee
07-23-2007, 07:45 PM
If we have a choice between the monopoly of a semi-private Fed regulating the money supply and congress, I'll take the Fed. Could you imagine congress having direct oversight of the money supply? :eek:

The sad part is, politicians often want the Fed to inflate faster than they already do.

thomaspaine23
07-23-2007, 07:47 PM
If we have a choice between the monopoly of a semi-private Fed regulating the money supply and congress, I'll take the Fed. Could you imagine congress having direct oversight of the money supply? :eek:

The sad part is, politicians often want the Fed to inflate faster than they already do.

Look into fractional reserve banking. You'll be scared and amazed.....

I'll take hard currency

nullvalu
07-23-2007, 07:50 PM
Also, keep in mind JFK signed an executive order to allow the US government to print their own money without the federal reserve. They did so, $4b worth , then he was killed. He also angered the CIA by saying he'd eliminate them, so one of those organizations was definitely involved in his murder.

Does anyone have the quote by JFK warning the world of the NWO & the context in which that was given?

Gee
07-23-2007, 07:52 PM
Look into fractional reserve banking. You'll be scared and amazed.....

I'll take hard currency
The US system has always been fractional reserve; its more or less granted a monopoly by congress. If we are going to have a government-mandated monopoly though, I'd rather not have congress directly control monetary policy. Thats the fox guarding the hen house.

jon_e_og
07-23-2007, 07:52 PM

YES, very important distinction; its not completely private but for all intents and purposes it is... the shares are held by the respective private member banks

And dont forget, the POTUS picks the chairman, but he picks from a list that is given to him. And also remember there is a divide and power struggle (or at least there used to be) between the board of governors in D.C. and the real center of the Fed's power- the N.Y. Federal reserve bank which handles open market operations and is - from the anecdotal evidence ive seen - owned by the Morgan interests , Chase Bank (Rockefeller), CitiBank, and some older banks that merged (this info is like 20+ yrs old I believe so who knows what the ownership stakes are now)

The New York Fed is where the power really is... Bernanke is just the puppet/fall-guy

-jon

LibertyEagle
07-23-2007, 07:55 PM
Does EVERYTHING get put in "Ron Paul News" now?

Delaware
07-23-2007, 07:59 PM
I wish our government would print our own money, either backed by, or made from the gold in Fort Knox.

Ever since i questioned how this world works, everything i learn makes me sicker.

JosephTheLibertarian
07-23-2007, 08:00 PM
I wish our government would print our own money, either backed by, or made from the gold in Fort Knox.

Ever since i questioned how this world works, everything i learn makes me sicker.

Private banks have taken our gold...

Syren123
07-23-2007, 08:03 PM
Read "The Creature from Jekyll Island" by G. Edward Griffith and the July 2006 edition of Whistleblower Magazine from WorldNetDaily. Tells you everything you'll ever need and way more than you want to know about the Federal Reserve, how we've been poned, and why Ron Paul must be elected President.

Syren123
07-23-2007, 08:05 PM

I feel your pain, Delaware. I remember thinking the same thing when I decided to wake up.

Answers any questions we may have as to who would actually be watching and believing the Democrat debates...the people who simply refuse to be awakened.