PDA

View Full Version : Stopping Vices to Give Ron More Funding

Yggdrasil
07-23-2007, 05:30 PM
I was planning how much money I could give Ron Paul a month and decided I could only afford 200 a month, but then I thought I have many things I do not need and I could probably increase what I give per month to help Ron.

I was begining to distrust the media, and their coverage of Dr. Paul confirmed my mistrust so I stopped my cable subscription to add an extra $30 a month.

I also thought all the junk food I've been eating is unnecessary so I compared the reciepts after I stopped purchasing it and gave the difference to Ron.

I wanted to share this because I believe there are many out there who can do the same. Especially many mad at the media and that could equal a lot of cancelled cable subscriptions.

Maybe others have been meaning to quit smoking or buying meaningless junk. Imagine the support you could give to Ron through stopping vices and giving the difference to the campaign.

Wyurm
07-23-2007, 05:33 PM
First, welcome to the forum!!! :)

Also, that really is some good advice. Not only would you have more money to donate, but you would drop a vice.

Zydeco
07-23-2007, 08:08 PM
This is a fantastic idea, and jibes with the idea of making better personal choices in a free society.

specialkornflake
07-23-2007, 08:15 PM
I like this idea a lot. Similar to the idea of cutting spending is sacrificing bad habits.

Cunningham
07-23-2007, 09:46 PM
It's funny this thread popped up today. I was on the way to work today and decided to quit smoking and give the money to Ron Paul. Should be about 35 bucks a week or so. Next few days of nicotine withdrawl should be fun but It'll be worth it.

Nick1983
07-23-2007, 10:04 PM
Its a great idea!

Ron is also about spending wisely :)

kylebrotherton
07-24-2007, 12:38 AM
I like poker, but I like liberty even more. I've quit playing poker because I can't risk losing money that could otherwise go to Dr. Paul.