PDA

View Full Version : My friend is trying to convince me Repubs are founded on expansionism.

RP=RonPaul=RedPill
01-10-2008, 09:59 PM
He says I'm dumb for saying the republican party was for fiscal conservatism and personal liberties.

AisA1787
01-10-2008, 10:01 PM
He says I'm dumb for saying the republican party was for fiscal conservatism and personal liberties.

He's probably too young to remember when Republicans at the federal level actually were for fiscal conservatism and personal liberties and didn't just pay lip service to those ideals...

liberty-rp08
01-10-2008, 10:02 PM
There is no way your friend is over 30.

RP=RonPaul=RedPill
01-10-2008, 10:05 PM
he's telling to read history books...?

RP=RonPaul=RedPill
01-10-2008, 10:06 PM
he's telling to read history books...? classical literature...?

Goldwater Conservative
01-10-2008, 10:07 PM
Tell him to research terms like "Old Right" and "paleoconservatism." Tell him to read up on names like "Robert Taft" and "Barry Goldwater." Tell him to check what the Republicans said about Clinton's military interventions and what Bush said in the 2000 election about "nation-building" or "policing the world."

liberty-rp08
01-10-2008, 10:07 PM
Even the 1996 Republican Party platform paid lip service to fiscal conservatism and personal liberties.

http://www.cnn.com/ALLPOLITICS/1996/conventions/san.diego/facts/gop.platform/platform.all.shtml

liberty-rp08
01-10-2008, 10:09 PM
It even proposes eliminating the Department of Education which Ron Paul still proposes.

Check out this beauty...

We denounce terrorist attacks made on American citizens at home or abroad. We must take all legitimate steps to swiftly apprehend and severely punish persons committing terrorists acts. However, we must also denounce any attempts to deprive law-abiding citizens of their God-given, constitutionally-protected rights while fighting terrorism. To take away the liberty of the American people while fighting terrorism is repugnant to the history and character of our nation. We firmly oppose any legislation that would infringe upon the rights of American citizens to freedom of religion, speech, press, and assembly; the right to keep and bear arms; and the right to judicial due process.

Catatonic
01-10-2008, 11:08 PM
this is the problem with having so many people who have grown up in the bush/clinton oligarchy

Mr. Coolidge
01-10-2008, 11:14 PM
It even proposes eliminating the Department of Education which Ron Paul still proposes.

Check out this beauty...
Thanks for that quote. Oh the irony!!