PDA

View Full Version : Alright, I'm on board with video ideas for Ron Paul girl.

Bloody Holly
07-23-2007, 04:49 PM
After thinking about it more, I had a prediction that I won't say to not jinx it but it revolves around the initials of RID GOP.

Okay so Guiliani, Obama, Paul girls. I guess it wouldn't be a bad idea to include a Ron Paul girl or maybe even girls. This will take money.

I had punk girls in mind or goth girl or girl in glasses. Punk rock music. So go ahead and give your ideas of thoughts on a video and how can we put this through motion?

If this thread is in the worng place, move it! (sorry mods )

DjLoTi
07-23-2007, 04:53 PM
I'll give you an idea in about a week ;-)

ShaneC
07-23-2007, 04:59 PM
well, if we're going for a "rebellious generation", I've got tons of songs that would work, ranging from metal, rap, dance, and so on.

(most of these can be found on YouTube in some shape or form for quick listening)

Otep - Warhead

Rage Against the Machine - (pretty much anything, but I'd lean towards "Wake Up")

KMFDM - (there's alot) WWIII, New American Century, etc etc etc

Dead Prez - eh, maybe a bit much, they lean very Black Panther-ish, but do speak of revolution.

Genesis/Disturbed - Land of Confusion (there's a really good remix on YouTube)

As for the girls themselves, honestly, the more I thought about this topic, I don't want sex appeal.

I'd like to see a group of little old ladies (basically) sitting around (quilting?) talking about "back in the day" - and the freedoms and liberties lost.

Maybe reflecting comparing Vietnam to GWOT, as far as the strain on the troops. Comparing the Great Depression to that of the decline of the value of our currency.

Just brain storming, so don't take my thoughts too seriously, just roll with the inputs.

The downfall from say, post WW2 heros to the present, Ron Paul, Hope for America, etc etc.

Lady Liberty
07-23-2007, 05:02 PM
I'm no good with video stuff, but I'm handy with a pencil. I'll see if I can sketch some character ideas in the punk/techno girl direction. Hmm it WOULD be alot more fun to do this ourselves...

*yawn*

Bloody Holly
07-23-2007, 05:02 PM
well, if we're going for a "rebellious generation", I've got tons of songs that would work, ranging from metal, rap, dance, and so on.

(most of these can be found on YouTube in some shape or form for quick listening)

Otep - Warhead

Rage Against the Machine - (pretty much anything, but I'd lean towards "Wake Up")

KMFDM - (there's alot) WWIII, New American Century, etc etc etc

Dead Prez - eh, maybe a bit much, they lean very Black Panther-ish, but do speak of revolution.

Genesis/Disturbed - Land of Confusion (there's a really good remix on YouTube)

As for the girls themselves, honestly, the more I thought about this topic, I don't want sex appeal.

I'd like to see a group of little old ladies (basically) sitting around (quilting?) talking about "back in the day" - and the freedoms and liberties lost.

Maybe reflecting comparing Vietnam to GWOT, as far as the strain on the troops. Comparing the Great Depression to that of the decline of the value of our currency.

Just brain storming, so don't take my thoughts too seriously, just roll with the inputs.

The downfall from say, post WW2 heros to the present, Ron Paul, Hope for America, etc etc.

lol, alright I just got a silly vision from your choice of bands like Rage Against the Machine playing as grannies quilted speaking about the good ol days.

I have a few songs I will be willing to donate just in case of copyright issues. One is called Wake up. It's more industrial though.

Scribbler de Stebbing
07-23-2007, 05:04 PM
Betsy Ross! Martha Washington? Abigail Adams?

kylejack
07-23-2007, 05:04 PM

Instead why don't you just slam your head in a door a few times. Thanks in advance.

DjLoTi
07-23-2007, 05:06 PM
You guys sure are spiteful. I better be appreciated for all the shit I'm doing, when it's all said and done...

Bloody Holly
07-23-2007, 05:11 PM
You guys sure are spiteful. I better be appreciated for all the shit I'm doing, when it's all said and done...

alright, I must have missed some drama. what is up?

ShaneC
lol, alright I just got a silly vision from your choice of bands like Rage Against the Machine playing as grannies quilted speaking about the good ol days.

Whoops, that wasn't supposed to all flow together quite like that. My brain's a bit chaotic at times....I think with some very tactful editing, and the right music choice, maybe a Grannies w/ I dunno, the Beatles, in the background; then a cut to some people sharing the Ron Paul info w/ RATM playing "Wake Up"....

*shrug* Just throwing out some ideas. Not good ones necessarily. :)

I have a few songs I will be willing to donate just in case of copyright issues. One is called Wake up. It's more industrial though.

*drool*

You've won my heart now. You'll have to point me to somewhere I can give that a listen.

I'm a huge "old industrial" fan. (ie. WaxTrax! era).

Cindy
The Obama girl thing cheapens a campaign for the The President of the United States of America to me. Part of why I like RP is that, his uncorrpupted, principled, down to earth image can restore respect for America, and the Oval office.

I see the other side to it and if it must be done, may I make some suggestions.

Do it with class, and RAISE THE BAR.

Get Ron Paul 6 Spokesmodels "not girls".

Choose an african american, an asian, a latino, an indian, and two whites one a little girl next door country and one a little hip city.

Center the African Anmercian girl around some cool jazz/blues image, the asian around some tranquil Zen music, the latino around some spicy salsa, the indian around indie rock, and the two whites around some rock and pop.

Give them each their own Videos. I can elaborate more on the imaging of each if this idea appeals and someone wants to run with it.

The idea is, to get the public voting and warring over for who is the BEST RON PAUL spokes model, and steal the thunder away from the other candidates girls.

See what I am seeing here?

ShaneC
07-23-2007, 05:12 PM
alright, I must have missed some drama. what is up?

I think he's implying that he's going to start putting something together a bit more tangible than my random rants.

Dustancostine
07-23-2007, 05:14 PM
Instead of a music video, why don't we produce a Calendar like Rachel did for her campaign. Not only would it get publicity but it would make money for the campaign as well.

It could start in Nov of '07 and go through Jan '09 and have all of the important voting dates like the straw polls, primaries and general election.

The models could be sexy, but dressed up very patriotically (Statue of Liberty, Betsy Ross like scribbler's idea.)

DjLoTi
07-23-2007, 05:15 PM
I had a similar idea with the calender concept...

Dustancostine
07-23-2007, 05:15 PM
The Obama girl thing cheapens a campaign for the The President of the United States of America to me. Part of why I like RP is that, his uncorrpupted, principled, down to earth image can restore respect for America, and the Oval office.

Choose an african american, an asian, a latino, an indian, and two whites one a little girl next door country and one a little hip city.

Center the African Anmercian girl around some cool jazz/blues image, the asian around some tranquil Zen music, the latino around some spicy salsa, the indian around indie rock, and the two whites around some rock and pop.

Give them each their own Videos. I can elaborate more on the imaging of each if this idea appeals and someone wants to run with it.

The idea is, to get the public voting and warring over for who is the BEST RON PAUL spokes model, and steal the thunder away from the other candidates girls.

Don't forget that we are trying to get Ron Paul elected as a Republican, we have to have a country music girl.

DjLoTi
07-23-2007, 05:16 PM
mmmm... country music......

ShaneC
07-23-2007, 05:17 PM
and the two whites around some rock and pop.

Why TWO white girls... :P (just kidding...sort of).

I can't decide what bothers me more. Commercials that ignore other races, or ones that openly *try* to be equal, whilst obviously being very fake.

A personal irk of mine.

Also, instead of hiring "Models" or "Spokeswomen" find women that actually agree. It's more heartfelt and well, it should be cheaper.

kylejack

You won't be. It will be very anti-climactic and everyone will think it was ridiculous of you to be so evasive for so long, and you will go down in history as the worst poster ever to grace ronpaulforums.com.

Bloody Holly

Choose and african american, an asian, a latino, an indian, and two whites one a little girl next door country and one a little hip city.

Definetly! I sense brilliance with this idea.

From reading what you wrote, this is what I imagine.

African American girl is singing in a lounge then it goes to the asian off in the same lounge but in a more tranquil enviroment and she's meditating and singing in a chant (which could be the first chorus), then the music picks up after the chorus and goes into salsa as she dances to salsa and sings then it goes into arabic techno music with the women belly dancing and then two punk rock girls get on stage and play guitar in front of a projection of the statue of liberty. Then all girls come together on stage and all sounds are incorporated.

See, that just seems over the top. Could it be done on a low budget?

DjLoTi
07-23-2007, 05:18 PM
Yes, I think it should be real supporters instead of fake, empty actors

Lady Liberty
07-23-2007, 05:18 PM
DJ, I absolutely appreciate your efforts. But it's cruel to tease us. *:( Just consider us sufficiently jazzed and excited for whatever you have in store, please!

Awesome! They would make great RPgirls. ^_^

DjLoTi
07-23-2007, 05:19 PM
You won't be. It will be very anti-climactic and everyone will think it was ridiculous of you to be so evasive for so long, and you will go down in history as the worst poster ever to grace ronpaulforums.com.

LOL... well that's nice.... Guess I should just disappear in shame, never to speak again...

Bloody Holly
07-23-2007, 05:20 PM
Don't forget that we are trying to get Ron Paul elected as a Republican, we have to have a country music girl.

ahh yes. let's throw in country girl.

DjLoTi
07-23-2007, 05:21 PM
Ya sorry I don't mean to tease anyone, it's really not my intentions. I never sleep, I'm always working, I'm *super* enthusiastic, and so excited... it's really hard to keep quite about things sometimes...

I work my @$$ off, that's for sure!!

Bloody Holly

These women can be supporters. ;)

Bloody Holly
Ya sorry I don't mean to tease anyone, it's really not my intentions. I never sleep, I'm always working, I'm *super* enthusiastic, and so excited... it's really hard to keep quite about things sometimes...

it's okay. You just need an exorcism to cheer you up.

ShaneC
07-23-2007, 05:23 PM
ok, so that would cover the two white girls.

Maybe a neo-hippie-ish or something (I dunno what the term is) and a country girl.

Or really screw w/ the stereotypes!

Anyone a black country fan?
An Asian Metal/Punk fan?

OOOOorrrrrr.....

What about a group of scantily clad women (in a classy sorta way - semi-revaling evening gown sorta thing(?)) quoting our founding fathers.

Something to grab the attention, but with some real meaning behind it.

DjLoTi
07-23-2007, 05:24 PM
it's okay. You just need an exorcism to cheer you up.

Believe it or not, God is part of my journey...

kylejack
07-23-2007, 05:24 PM

Yeah, and the Asian girl could be saying "Awww, me rikey Ron Paul!" and the black chick can say "Ron Paul is my homeboy!" while she wags a finger.

When you were thinking about what you considered "classy", what made you think pigeonholing spokesmodels into racial stereotypes would further that goal? I'm not trying to be rude, but boy is this a terrible idea.

pyrazole
07-23-2007, 05:25 PM
A humorous but interesting blog article on "The Babe Theory of Political Movements."

http://www.willisms.com/archives/2005/03/more_on_the_bab.html

Excerpt: "The babe theory of political movements essentially holds that:

Where and when there are hot babes, an exponential number of men will show up. If 100 cute girls with voluptuous bodies are protesting for freedom, you can count on a thousand men being there as well.

If sexy babes are involved in a peaceful political movement, it has a far greater chance of succeeding. If there are no good-looking women involved, the odds of a successful (and peaceful) movement fall dramatically.

Where and when alluring women are excluded from demonstrations, you can expect greater chances of strife, rioting, and failure."

DjLoTi
07-23-2007, 05:25 PM
You guys know of the 'Gypsy' that was on Borat? She wasn't flashy, just a 'Good ol' Midwestern farmers girl'. That is hot... have her next to an American flag and a Ron Paul sign.... God bless America!

Dustancostine
07-23-2007, 05:27 PM
I had a similar idea with the calender concept...

Would we want real models or real supporters?

I am an amateur actor and I have many friends who are actors/models who might do it for cheap/free.

I also have a photographer who does my headshots that probably could do this at a reasonable price.

We would just have to figure out how to "make" and reproduce the calender.

DjLoTi
07-23-2007, 05:28 PM
I'm going to PM you.

ShaneC
07-23-2007, 05:29 PM
Yeah, and the Asian girl could be saying "Awww, me rikey Ron Paul!" and the black chick can say "Ron Paul is my homeboy!" while she wags a finger.

When you were thinking about what you considered "classy", what made you think pigeonholing spokesmodels into racial stereotypes would further that goal? I'm not trying to be rude, but boy is this a terrible idea.

Exactly the reason I abhor the "racially equal" advertisements, because they all usually involve stereotypes. Just they stereotype everyone as opposed to one specific group.

pyrazole
07-23-2007, 05:30 PM
Would we want real models or real supporters?

I am an amateur actor and I have many friends who are actors/models who might do it for cheap/free.

I also have a photographer who does my headshots that probably could do this at a reasonable price.

We would just have to figure out how to "make" and reproduce the calender.

Here's the creator of the "Ladies of Liberty" calendar, back in '02: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/member.php?u=397

Cindy
07-23-2007, 05:31 PM

I liked the idea of calling them spokesmodels, over "girls". Thought it gave them bit more class. Of course they should be REAL Ron Paul supporters.

Sure, one of the girl next door whites could have a country music theme.

I was picturing each of them having their own short video, promoting paul on specific issues each, and seeing the people buzz over, which RP girl they like best.

I see how spokes model, implies hired proffesional.

How do we class up "girl". What if we just add, American before girl, every time they are official used.

Ron Paul American Girls vs the Omaba girl.

mtmedlin
07-23-2007, 05:33 PM

Betsy in a leather mini with a leather spiked choker...mmmmmmmm

Bloody Holly
07-23-2007, 05:36 PM
Exactly the reason I abhor the "racially equal" advertisements, because they all usually involve stereotypes. Just they stereotype everyone as opposed to one specific group.

I actually like your idea that mixes with Cindy's. Hmmm now I'm going back to Scribbler de Stebbing's idea about the old ladies knitting.

That could be the beginning of the video. The three old ladies knitting from the past on a porch speaking about what this country represents and then they ask the question "I wonder what America will be like in the future?" Then it goes into the future and that is when the music video kicks in. I'm not sure if we can pull off a well produced music video so we might just have to keep it simple.

Cindy
07-23-2007, 05:39 PM

I hear you. I abhor the whole Obama girl idea to begin with.

Just at least find 6 real rin paul supporters.

Most imporatnt is the number to steal the thunder. the buz should be over Favorite RP girl, to detract from the others.

You have to give the girls some diverse appeal for it to take off.

Perhaps the diversity could be based on the political issue most important to them. That could help in more people based on one issue alone, if each girl emphasizes one.

Maybe that is best. make the girls diverse by giving them an issue. They can be the American Girls with Issues. lol

One has issues with paying high taxes. She can be an intellectual/ accountant type.

One has issues with gun banning, with wanting to keep her self protection gun rights. She can be like an Angelina Jolie in raiders of the Lost tomb.

You get the idea......

Man from La Mancha
07-23-2007, 05:40 PM
A humorous but interesting blog article on "The Babe Theory of Political Movements."

http://www.willisms.com/archives/2005/03/more_on_the_bab.html

Excerpt: "The babe theory of political movements essentially holds that:

Where and when there are hot babes, an exponential number of men will show up. If 100 cute girls with voluptuous bodies are protesting for freedom, you can count on a thousand men being there as well.

If sexy babes are involved in a peaceful political movement, it has a far greater chance of succeeding. If there are no good-looking women involved, the odds of a successful (and peaceful) movement fall dramatically.

Where and when alluring women are excluded from demonstrations, you can expect greater chances of strife, rioting, and failure."

Better watch what you say or Bloody someone will get you.

Seems like an old idea. Sorry I had to do this for fun, This a really politically incorrect photo today, heck you got a bare breast and a kid with guns.

http://www.willisms.com/archives/libertyleading-thumb.gif

ShaneC
07-23-2007, 05:41 PM
now that I think about it, I do know one indie director/editor/videographer who might be able to help us, if she's willing.

She's out in Cali, and I haven't spoken to her for a while, but if I can track her down, I'll see what I can do.

Scribbler de Stebbing
07-23-2007, 05:41 PM
How about a vid with a girl from each state or region, flashing around between them all?

micahnelson
07-23-2007, 05:42 PM
I dont wanna be that guy, but...

Obama got attention with his girl because the MSM hadn't seen the "candidate-girl" thing yet. Hillary's girl got attention because of the lesbian thing, and the idea of anyone finding Hillary sexually appealing is... brb. Ok sorry I just threw up.

Having a Ron Paul girl would not advance us a quarter of an inch in the Mainstream Media. We do not need to increase our viewership on youtube- we dominate youtube, and even if we were trying to, why offer sex appeal as a lure via the one format that has unrestricted availability of pornography?

Lady Liberty
07-23-2007, 05:46 PM
Hey I like how many ideas are floating around! I'd encourage everyone to keep putting every idea out there and get the creative energy flowing. The vid producer(s) will just need to be picky about what they use, and make sure the end product is edited up to a high standard. :D

PS. Has anyone else noticed there aren't enough smiley options?

Cindy
07-23-2007, 05:47 PM

I certainly was NOT picturing the racial stereotypes you just posted. That was awful.

"Me rikey RP, RP is my homeboy, ? :confused: "

NO NO NO NO. That is the crap I want to stear away from and that is why I said, keep them classy.

Anyway, I moved on to the idea making them diverse through political issues.

have

the gun rights american girl.

the low taxes american girl

the non interventions tighten our own border security American girl

the loves an honest man of interigity American girl

etc........

Lady Liberty
07-23-2007, 05:48 PM
How about a vid with a girl from each state or region, flashing around between them all?

I'm imagining the song "Wish they all could be californian" playing in the background.

kylejack
07-23-2007, 05:52 PM
I certainly was NOT picturing the racial stereotypes you just posted. That was awful.

"Me rikey RP, RP is my homeboy, ? :confused: "

NO NO NO NO. That is the crap I want to stear away from and that is why I said, keep them classy.
Then why did you choose music and images that were racially associated with each spokesmodel? Why jazz for the black spokesmodel? Because black people like jazz? Such messages like "hey you black people like jazz and this black spokesmodel also likes Ron Paul!"seem like they would be really offensive to people of those races.

Anyway, I moved on to the idea making them diverse through political issues.

have

the gun rights american girl.

the low taxes american girl

the non interventions tighten our own border security American girl

the loves an honest man of interigity American girl

etc........
That's a lot better than a black girl who likes jazz, and a Latina who likes salsa.

MikeStanart
07-23-2007, 06:00 PM

LOL I love it!

Ok:

The old ladies are sitting around quilting...then talking about their freedoms "back in the day" Then they see a Ron Paul commercial on TV.... then suddenly they rip off their dresses....and they're wearing a Ron Paul shirt undernearth.... with a Disco ball slowly dropping down while the lights go dim.

Then the old dancing ladies say "Boogie to the Freedom...Yeah!"

Scribbler de Stebbing
07-23-2007, 06:03 PM
The old ladies are sitting around quilting...then talking about their freedoms "back in the day" Then they see a Ron Paul commercial on TV.... then suddenly they rip off their dresses....and they're wearing a Ron Paul shirt undernearth.... with a Disco ball slowly dropping down while the lights go dim.

Then the old dancing ladies say "Boogie to the Freedom...Yeah!"

Yes! :D

Cindy
07-23-2007, 06:09 PM
Then why did you choose music and images that were racially associated with each spokesmodel? Why jazz for the black spokesmodel? Because black people like jazz? Such messages like "hey you black people like jazz and this black spokesmodel also likes Ron Paul!"seem like they would be really offensive to people of those races.

because I am just brainstorming for one and two, I wasn't picturing them at all the way you were. The way I pictured them made all of their races contributions to this nation look extremely cool! What I was picturing would invoke pride in anyone who picked them as their favorite girl.

Most of us LOVE jazz and are greatful to the fact that African Americans brought it into the American mainstream culture.

Zen, martial arts, asian decor is HOT and many are are greatful, for the asian influence on American culture.

These are facts of the beauty of the All american melting pot.

I just did not see it with the ugliness or denegration you did.

I agree, some will still want to make the beauty of Americas cultural diversity an ugly thing by crying "stereotyping" so scratch it.

If it were up to me, I wouldn't even copy Obama's supporters ideas.

I just ask that if someone must copy, that they upstage them and do it bigger and better with new twists that make the women look cooooooooool and sophisticated ( which can be very sexy) , not like trashy whores!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you!

Bluedevil
07-23-2007, 06:17 PM
I like the Martha Washington idea.

angrydragon
07-23-2007, 07:04 PM
I hope these girls don't mind being on here, but they're all Ron Paul's myspace friends. I'm not sure if they all support Ron or understand politics much, but I think they would make good models for Ron Paul.

http://a309.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/88/m_ebe165f27e39564d4181c6d714823d94.jpghttp://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=63244http://a643.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/55/m_85d41c54cc9fd8101cb464d76903005a.jpghttp://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=246279

http://a766.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/42/m_49684df447b19cde11f7f82506123215.jpg Hello Nuuuurssssssssse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Myspace page (http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=386605) .http://a203.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/5/m_0146c0c9075c0f683e407b1229614372.jpghttp://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=373295

http://a109.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/83/m_7db1639939d90d7dddb8f17752006064.jpghttp://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=418339http://a524.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/00118/32/59/118199523_m.jpg Producer and vocalist. Myspace page (http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=466959)

http://a479.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/128/m_29bbea164fd8aa56c85364225fe4ee66.jpghttp://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=526358http://a766.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/121/m_5c02a29e6d5fda00824fe01512038f75.jpghttp://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=515223

http://a26.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/9/m_55b571b211a384978a97a2cc48e02029.jpg http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=587955http://a547.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/76/m_df7bbe417d6342e54d35a97a473fef52.jpg http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=618716

angrydragon
07-23-2007, 07:04 PM
http://a183.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/108/m_d0f14b26a79c3580e2254651d94eec0e.jpg http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=79564http://a359.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/104/m_15e1033bc6583b7202dff377b5a53dde.jpg http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=37340

I like her, she'd make a great spokes model for
Ron Paul, if she has a grip on the issues that Ron holds.

Joe Knows
07-23-2007, 07:16 PM
I like the Martha Washington idea.

How about Dolly Madison?

DjLoTi
07-23-2007, 07:21 PM
Wow that nurse was really hot

herepamwas
07-23-2007, 07:36 PM
I am offended. Why can't we look past what people look like?!? Why can't we do something like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2Ua6nInZ8g

JosephTheLibertarian
07-23-2007, 07:43 PM
I don't care for these things...

Man from La Mancha
07-23-2007, 07:44 PM
I am offended. Why can't we look past what people look like?!? Why can't we do something like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2Ua6nInZ8g

Numbers man numbers. That was a very good video to look at when a girl video brings them in.

Lady Liberty
07-23-2007, 08:33 PM
I hadn't seen video, it's REALLY good. :eek: I especially liked the dog Zeus at the end. No seriously, I did. Why? Because I like puppies. I'd love to snag the last portion of that, call it Pups4Paul and send it to some of my girlfriends. I bet they would think it was really cute...and then ask me who Ron Paul is.

We should work on a video like that, AND a video like this. I hope there is enough support to do both projects, and many more. Whatever way ya'll decide to take it, I'm in, for whatever I can be of help with.

Lady Liberty
07-24-2007, 11:27 AM
I like the idea about Martha Washington, I drew up a (very) rough sketch last night to spark some ideas or debate for costuming and look/direction. I prefer to modernize her slightly and keep her cute rather than vampy. Only problem was that I couldn't think of anything distinguishing to make her "Martha" rather than a generic Colonial Girl. Can anyone help with a good site or more info about her? I'm thinking of doing a "Which Ron Paul Girl Are you"? Quiz with characters from some of the ideas generated in this thread.
http://a326.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/88/l_6bf7697a89f68594691ca8225ed012cd.jpg

On the line of the Disco Grannies video, I think that is an original idea and has alot of potential. I wonder if the Granny Warriors for Ron Paul would oblige us, they seem like fun ladies. Maybe we could even work a more traditional Martha Washington into that bit. Anyone have an in with them? http://www.grannywarriors.com/

Scribbler de Stebbing
07-24-2007, 11:52 AM
That's pretty good! Here's an actual pict of her at about the time she married George:

http://www.seacoastnh.com/tobiaslear/photos/12.jpeg

DjLoTi
07-24-2007, 11:56 AM
Dude, you people who are not into or aware of the DJ/club/party scene may not know one of those girls, but I do. I *knew* I seen one of them pictures somewhere.

Krystal Blue is a big name in electronic music. She has connections with the 'elite' in the entertainment and party industry.

I am getting involved with this industry. If I can just somehow get to that level, then we'll be good. It's not gonna be easy, .. but... we'll see

You guys def. don't understand.

Lady Liberty
07-24-2007, 12:00 PM
Did she not wear a white wig? I was under the impression they all did hehe. Also, did she have glasses, or am I imagining that too....?

DjLoTi
07-24-2007, 12:04 PM
You guys have no idea, I'm talking about taking the political game to an entirely new level. Sorry for going on about this but if you guys want to get SEXY then you're going to have to figure out how to do it! *I* know how to do it SORT OF but I don't have ALL the connections just the ability.

If you want politics to be sexy then we've got to get the people who's BUSINESS IS SEXY. You know what else is sexy? MONEY! And that's one thing I don't have a lot of! But that's ok!, because it's not about the money, it's about our FREEDOMS which is worth more then ANY DOLLAR SIGN. Luckily, I have that ;)

ok i'm going to shut up now

Lady Liberty
07-24-2007, 12:12 PM
DJ, what would you have us do? Open to suggestions, but I'm no good at puzzles. The one Holly posted at the beginning of the thread nearly fried my brain last night. (RID GOP == GO DRIP??) You're gonna have to spell it out. I guess we could split this thread into a few diff threads (Colonial, Granny, and Sexy?) if you want to keep one more focused on hothothot :p

Lady Liberty
07-24-2007, 12:16 PM
DJ...are you bringing sexy back? :cool: I agree for the most part. But some would like to try other directions as well. I think it's best to attack from every angle.

DjLoTi
07-24-2007, 12:17 PM
umm... what would I have you do.... It'll be a lot easier to explain this in a week... uhhh....

Anybody who knows anybody who owns clubs, PM me. I'll get to explaining more later, but that's a good start...

Actually, you know what? we're just going to have to wait about a week for me to really lay this out, I'm sorry.

I need people who's profession is advertising/marketing/promotion and also people involved in club promotion/music promotion/event promotion....

those are broad statements so there's obviously more specifics, but if anyone thinks they can supply any of the above, get at me...

DjLoTi
07-24-2007, 12:19 PM
DJ...are you bringing sexy back? :cool:

Yes, only, it's on a whole new level never before seen....HAHAS

DjLoTi
07-24-2007, 12:23 PM
Please dont get punk or goth girls. they scare me get hot ones like obamas :D

If this is your idea of hot, then I think I can help you.

Other people view hot differently, and since we're involving all Americans, we must be diverse, but you will be represented.

http://i13.tinypic.com/4i778th.jpg

Razmear
07-24-2007, 12:23 PM
I think there is only one Ron Paul girl, and that would be Carol Paul. I don't see the need to emulate the shallow tactics used by the Obama Girl video, and really think this distracts from the message.

eb

DjLoTi
07-24-2007, 12:24 PM
It's all acting, photography, ect.

it's a BUSINESS.

Hear me? Lets get started...

DjLoTi
07-24-2007, 12:25 PM
Carol can be the 'official' Ron Paul girl.

We need people to represent the REVOLUTION, not officially represent Ron Paul. That is how this works.

AZ Libertarian
07-24-2007, 01:11 PM

Because I agree wholeheartedly with this sentiment, I suggest:

The Ron Paul Kids!

Picture it - a small group of kids under say 8 or 9 - with the Ron Paul R3VOLUTION logo in the background, all singing Robert Palmer's (God rest his soul) "Addicted to love"...

The lights are on but you're not home
Your mind is not your own
Your body sweats, your body shakes
Another kiss is what it takes
You can't eat, you can't sleep
There's no doubt you're in deep
Your throat is tight, you can't breathe
Another kiss is all you need

You like to think that you're immune to the stuff, oh yeah
It's closer to the truth, you know
You're gonna have to face it
You might as well face it, you're addicted to love

You see the signs but you can't read
You're running at a different speed
Your heart beats at double time
Another kiss and you'll be mine
One-track mind, you can't be saved
Another young love is all you crave
And if the sun left you
You don't mind if you do

You like to think that you're immune to the stuff oh yeah
It's closer to the truth, you see
You're gonna have to face it
You're gonna have to face that you're addicted to love

You might as well face it, you're addicted to love

or some other catchy tune? I think kids are what we are doing all this campaigning for because they are the future. Life may suck for us adults and sure - we are trying to take our country back to regain lost freedoms, but we can get over it, hell we're used to it. I am working more for my grandchildren and their grandchildren than for myself, and that's why I think kids would be more representative of Ron's ideals than sexy chics or buffed hunks. :cool:

ChooseLiberty
07-24-2007, 03:15 PM
Not to deflate anyone's balloon, but it isn't a "spokes model" antithetical to everything Dr. Paul stands for?

Why not someone like Rachel (and her bird Paco!)
http://www.youtube.com/user/ladyjade3

or Gina
http://www.youtube.com/user/ginagoddess

Real people.

I can see it now.