PDA

View Full Version : What are we getting Ron for his birthday?? August 20th!!

Ironslave
07-23-2007, 02:39 PM
Well Ron's birthday is in less than a month!! I think this is the best "excuse" to get everybody, even the casual Ron Paul supporter, to donate. Just think how amazing it would be, if we got everybody from here, myspace, facebook, meetup, youtube and other places to have a huge donation drive on his birthday.

I think it's a stretch, but with enough time, planning, and promotion, 7 figures for the day is not out of the question. But the big thing for it, is that it would basically have to make headlines. "Grassroots candidate supporters raise 1 million to candidate for his birthday".

If 10,000 people each donated $100, then we would be there. If 20,000 donated $50, we'd reach it. Obviously you will also get your wealthy person who is very generous, and donates much more than that.

Thoughts?

hard@work
07-23-2007, 02:42 PM
The Presidency.

Roxi
07-23-2007, 02:46 PM
a few weeks ago someone had the idea to do community service for Ron Paul on aug 20th so I decided to do a Ron Paul birthday weekend community service fest through our meetup group, It is my understanding this is going on all over the country as well, if you dont have one already ask your organizer to set up a meetup for this!

were all going to wear our Ron paul gear, contact the local media and set out cleaning up trash on the roads.

DeadheadForPaul
07-23-2007, 02:51 PM
Put up 72 signs in every city?

Patriot
07-23-2007, 02:53 PM
I'm poor, but I will try to send him a few more $$$

RPatTheBeach
07-23-2007, 02:58 PM
How about getting him 10k supporters to the Straw Poll? I think he would be eternally grateful :)

quickmike
07-23-2007, 03:01 PM
kevlar vest would be good

ronpaulhawaii
07-23-2007, 03:15 PM
I'll be on the East Coast on his 'day and plan on visiting HQ with:

1- A hefty donation
2 - A handpicked/made Maile Lei (Maile is a rare and fragrant vine which is twisted into Lei (garland). It is traditionally given only on very special occasions to very special people.
3 - Two cases of Macadamia nut cookies for distro to volunteers (We are selling them as a fundraising vehicle and these 2 are out of my pocket)
4 - A few B'day cards from the islanders Our meetUp one is done already
5- Anything else that anyone here makes and wants me to bring

I will also be participating in "Hope for America" day events over the weekend and hope that thread gets bumped soon.

+ a $25 donation to support the "B'day Party idea"

www.ronpaul2008.com/donate

SeanEdwards
07-23-2007, 05:18 PM
You know, this could be turned into an interesting media event. If there was a coordinated large scale effort of RP supporters to do something, such as, charity food drive as has been suggested, or free car washes, or whatever, and billed it as a birthday party for Paul it could be a powerful statement.

I don't think any of the other candidates have thousands (millions?) of people that would actually be excited about celebrating their candidates birthday.

Imagine, driving down the road and you see a bunch of regular folks offering free car washes with "Happy B-Day Ron!" signs all over the place. I think this could be a uniquely powerful grass-roots activity. It's bound to give people a warm fuzzy feeling about Ron, even if they don't know a damn thing about his politics.

Plus, while they're getting their car washed, that's a perfect opportunity to take a few minutes to view a Paul speech or read some campaign literature. :D

Lois
07-23-2007, 05:25 PM
I say we go for the huge donation for his birthday.

I was just thinking the other day -- if Ron Paul has 20,000 Meetup members, and they each give $100, that would be $2 million on his birthday. That would be a fabulous present and great publicity.

How about someone contacts all the meetup leaders. How about on the Conference calls on Thursdays.

Except how could the headquarters handle all those phone calls in one day, on his birthday?

Lois

Johnnybags
07-23-2007, 05:26 PM
We get those students for Paul or someone that has the ability to put up a birthday candle meter on their site with a beginning time and the goal to raise 100k as fast as humanly possible on the net. Let the media see the candle donations move up realtime. We hit all the sites telling people about it, before it starts, a countdown clock is in order as well. Eg. In three days,2 hrs and 22 minutes we are going to raise 100k for Ron Paul. Let the suspense build.