PDA

View Full Version : Msnbc: A Peek At Ron Paul's Support

TexMac
07-23-2007, 02:34 PM
http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2007/07/23/285236.aspx

And read the comment thread....

jj111
07-23-2007, 02:45 PM
Comment section is open for your comments now!

d'anconia
07-23-2007, 02:50 PM
Frazee is the creator of our Facebook group. He is awesome.

Nice article.

Kuldebar
07-23-2007, 03:04 PM
Hmmm, "GOP dark horse candidate" that's the next level after longshot, right?

:)

TexMac
07-23-2007, 03:06 PM
Frazee is the creator of our Facebook group. He is awesome.

Nice article.Thanks, I was trying to figure out where I knew the name from.

spacebetween
07-23-2007, 03:07 PM

Personally, I prefer they use the term "darkhose" from now on. It invokes the terror of the terrible horses of the apocalypse ... to me, anyway. :D

Great article!! I'd like to hear more of this actually said on TV... besides the usual Ron Paul tutorial on Tucker.

d'anconia
07-23-2007, 03:08 PM
Yeah "Dark Horse" is 100x better than "Long Shot". Dark Horse reminds me of Batman and Batman = Good.

Syren123
07-23-2007, 03:12 PM
Seabiscuit was both a longshot AND a dark horse.
Nuff said.

Swmorgan77
07-23-2007, 03:16 PM
Are they still posting new comments? Mine hasn't appeared yet.

mconder
07-23-2007, 03:20 PM
it hasn’t yet translated into organization or first-tier poll numbers in early primary states.

So your saying we have a chance? Thanks Mainstream Media.

nullvalu
07-23-2007, 03:23 PM
Notice, Ron Paul is nowhere to be found on their "political calendar", yet the have Mike Huckabee's itinerary.

SeanEdwards
07-23-2007, 03:29 PM

dark horse
–noun 1. a racehorse, competitor, etc., about whom little is known or who unexpectedly wins.
2. a candidate who is unexpectedly nominated at a political convention.

I'd say dark horse is a huge step up from longshot.

freelance
07-23-2007, 04:14 PM
While the organization and its counterparts across the country depend heavily on the Internet for networking and spreading Paul name recognition,

Oh God, I LOVE this line. What if he had said, "While the organization and its counterparts across the country depend heavily on the TELEPHONE..."

I mean, get with the program. When was the last time anyone here mailed a thank-you note, or picked up the phone to make plans. Who's got time for telephone tag these days? E-mail (Internet) and forums are a much more efficient use of time.

What if he had said, "The group relies on outdated, inefficient means for communicating, such as expensive newsletters that arrive whenever-the-hell the USPS feels like delivering them?" GIVE ME A BREAK!

ThePieSwindler
07-23-2007, 04:19 PM
Wow that 2nd comment is an idiot. She says:
I hope all the people who have been begging for coverage of Ron Paul are taking note of this article. Personally, I don't have a whole lot of faith in anyone that promises to abolish personal income tax. Where exactly are we going to get the money to run the federal government? I suppose if I really cared, I would look into that. But sadly, I am not yet convinced that he will be a legitimate threat in the primary season, let alone the general election.

Wow, great logic ya dumb bitch. Oh yes i don't have a whole lot of faith in him, how are we going to run the federal government? I suppose if i cared, i would look into that. LOL. No wonder this country is going to ruin, because we have ignorant idiots who even ask questions but are too lazy to find the answers. Thankfully the rest of the thread set her straight.

Dary
07-23-2007, 04:35 PM
The article is about Ron Paul supporters, not Ron Paul.

I'm going to leave a post about who I am.

Lady Liberty
07-23-2007, 04:43 PM
Wow, great logic ya dumb bitch. Oh yes i don't have a whole lot of faith in him, how are we going to run the federal government? I suppose if i cared, i would look into that.

I wouldn't go that far, alot of people out there are blinded by apathy and feel hurt and rejected by the political system. I see this more as a cry for help. I think these are exactly the sort of people we need to inform and empower.:(

JosephTheLibertarian
07-23-2007, 05:15 PM
Why didn't the reporter understand that he has low name recognition due to the fact the media ignores him? Hardly anyone knew of Mitt Romney, well, before the hour specials on Fox News.. him and his plastic family spewing drivel in front of the camera, while the cast of Fox News complimenting them... what a joke

Cindy
07-23-2007, 06:28 PM
WOW! RP supporters keep getting better and better at supporting RP on the issues in news commentary sections.

What an impressive and educational read it is.

It's nice to see some rational discussion now, vs months ago, when they read simple like

"Pauls a nut case"

" Run Ron run"

"You wear a tin foil hat"

"Ron Paul 2008"

"You're conspiracy theory freaks"

"You're all brainwashed sheep"

etc etc I think that stuff is dying out now.

They are reading much more open minded by those unaware of Paul, intelligent and informational by those who know of him now........... Nice to see the evolution of the RP revolution in this light!:)