PDA

View Full Version : Action Alert: CNN Once again excludes Ron Paul from article about candidates and the

ceakins
07-23-2007, 02:27 PM
Action Alert: CNN Once again excludes Ron Paul from article about candidates and the internet

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/07/23/internet.campaigns/index.html

I encourage you all to hit the comment + sign and make respectful comments.

winston84
07-23-2007, 02:50 PM
Sent.

DisabledVet
07-23-2007, 03:04 PM
Done.....

nullvalu
07-23-2007, 03:13 PM
Done. This kind of shit is beginning to piss me off. :) Here's what I wrote:

I don't understand why Ron Paul wasn't mentioned in this article? Ron Paul has 20,000+ members on his meetup.com site, 4 X as many as campaign VOLUTEERS than Barack Obama.. He's in 2nd place on Youtube of viewed videos.. He has the 7th ranked blog on Townhall.com.. He has 48,196 friends on MySpace. He has ranked in the top 5 on Technorati.com for the past several months.. He just did an interview LAST WEEK at GOOGLE.

I don't understand how you could have overlooked all this? Could you please explain your rational to me? I can be reached at ----

brumans
07-23-2007, 03:21 PM
this is just in reference to democratic candidates since their debate is tonight. it is the news report to the television broadcast they had recently.

Roxi
07-23-2007, 03:54 PM
this is the letter i wrote to them, i was contemplating posting this on comments what do you guys think?

CNN is a respected news source all throughout the world. People trust in CNN to report the news as truth and this is why I am writing. After reading the online article about candidates internet popularity (reference: http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/07/23/internet.campaigns/index.html) and researching the statistics I have discovered that there is actually only one candidate that exeeds all others in internet popularity.

I request a retraction on this article to include the candidate that shows the proof in numbers.

On meetup.com which is where grassroots supporters have meetings, and events for Ron paul, he has 25,486 members in 568 groups cities in 497 cities. Obama has 5,315 members in 68 groups in 57 cities

eventful.com a popular site that allows users to request that a person (usually an entertainer) visit their area and Ron Paul is the most requested republican candidate, he has twice as many youtube subscribers than all of the other candidates combined.

Ron Paul went from 4,000 friends on myspace three months ago to 48194 friends on myspace now.

at technorati.com a popular search engine says ron paul was number one for 2 weeks in a row was at a steady 4 for several weeks, and was recently back at number one

all articles about ron paul have over 8000 diggs when avg is 150-200

was the very first presidential candidate ever on the colbert report and was also featured on The Daily show and G4's attack of the show.

CNN.com candidate scoreboard after the debates showed RP clear winner with 60% of the votes
msnbc site reported between 50-70% votes as the winner (this poll did not allow voting more than once per IP address so could not have been spamming unless people had more than one computer

videos of people spreading the message
www.ronpaulmeetupvideos.com

Of all the videos of talks at Google to date, Ron Paul's is by far the most popular - after being on the net for only a week days!. The next closest is Hillary's talk, after being up for over four months, followed by John McCain (two months). That, ladies and gentlemen is wide appeal.
http://www.dailypaul.com/node/764

There are a lot more resources to show this as fact.

Thanks for your time
Roxi

empirenine
07-23-2007, 03:57 PM
Done.

jorger
07-23-2007, 04:09 PM
done

Lady Liberty
07-23-2007, 04:36 PM
roxic27, that seems worth adding to comments imo. I like that you've kept it positive and stressed that Ron Paul is big news. They should want to cover him and so should the other big news sources, it's good business.

Bloody Holly
07-23-2007, 04:40 PM
All About Howard Dean • Facebook Inc. • Barack Obama

anyone else notice that?

Roxic, I was going to send the same email along the lines of just mentioning the google popularity. I'm really annoyed with this obvious push but that's the msm's job and they get paid to push and advertise.

Ron Paul IS proving he is doing a great job without that and i think how the mainstream is handling Ron Paul is really making Ron Paul look better. At first I remember when there was a certain charm about Obama and the mainstream didnt seem to pay him that much support until it was announced that Hillary would run.

Why haven't they called out the Obama bots? Oh I get it's only labelled bot jobs if the name is Ron Paul. Email away!!

and this quote " Folks are forming their own grassroots volunteer groups," Rospars told CNN during the visit to Obama headquarters. "There are over 5,000 of them across the country. ... Each one of these tools is a piece of the campaign that an individual supporter can own and use to evangelize to their friends."

I know Obama has pissed on a supporter who got him all of his myspace friends and seized the myspace account like eminent domain.

sounds like something out of Ron Paul's real grassroots movement. Wasn't Obama funding and leading his "grassroots" movement? It wouldn't surprise me if he funded other high quality projects but marked it as done by someone else.