PDA

View Full Version : Paul is the center of the debate

paulgeek
01-10-2008, 09:03 PM
He was supposed to be the punching bag, but instead all the candidates are having to address him. I think the timing of the breaks are ways for them to change lanes and figure out how to take Paul out. After he nailed them on Reagan conservatism and foreign policy, I wonder what they're going to bring out now. Newsletter, maybe?

andrewgreve
01-10-2008, 09:04 PM
I was just about to make a post titled "Paul Vs All"

I'm getting that feeling much stronger tonight than ever before. This is great!

barbz
01-10-2008, 09:05 PM
He certainly is. Hallelujah!

RonPaulNLiveFree
01-10-2008, 09:05 PM
it's everyone versus him, the others keep complimenting each other, then when Ron talks, they look at each other with shit eating grins, and crack jokes

Azprint
01-10-2008, 09:07 PM
Haha, it's a good training for them once they face democrats. If any of them win of course ;o)

Original_Intent
01-10-2008, 09:08 PM
And he is owning them all - I thikn Romney getting booed was the hole in the dike of people seeing what is going on!

paulgeek
01-10-2008, 09:10 PM
I think I see where this might be going. Paul did sponsor a lot of earmarks. They're going to try to claim he's not a fiscal conservative while sponsoring earmarks. I hope he can educate everyone on earmarking vs. appropriation.

Liberty Star
01-10-2008, 09:11 PM
RP is back in the game after this debate.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
01-10-2008, 09:15 PM
it's everyone versus him, the others keep complimenting each other, then when Ron talks, they look at each other with shit eating grins, and crack jokes

People know that 10 year olds do that. They know that 20 year olds might do it. A group of presidential candidates, I hope the see it, and think they do see it... not cool.

SimpleName
01-10-2008, 09:18 PM
Faux News' attempts have been struck down by Paul tonight. He is dominating their questions and now are reverting to just completely ignoring him so neither them nor their precious neo-cons on the stage have to look like fools. It is HILARIOUS!

A. Havnes
01-10-2008, 09:23 PM
Do these candidates realize how immature they appear when they gang up on a single candidate? Rather than rationally debate, they all jump on him. What's sad is that whenever they do it's simply to smear him, not to counter his message with their own. Huckabee's slogans are getting tiresome, McCain can never seem to do anything but make a snide remark, and Rudy laughs. Yeah, that makes them sound like educated men compared to a gentleman like Dr. Paul.

Granted, I have to wait until the Youtube videos show up before I can watch, but it doesn't take a fortune-teller to know how these candidates are behaving tonight.

RPDelegate
01-10-2008, 09:27 PM
RP is kicking ass tonight! And he's appearing more tough tonight than usual, and a little pissed off. I think he's also getting the best crowd response.