PDA

View Full Version : why can't the republican party understand

RonPaul_Has_2_first_names
07-23-2007, 02:20 PM
That if Ron Paul isn't nominated, a democrat will surely win the 2008 election?

Obama and Hillary alone have raised more money than all of the republican candidates combined! Scary. Plus they place higher in polls that include all candidates (republicans AND democrats) than any of the so called "top-tier" republicans.

The only republican candidate that can defeat the democrats, is Ron Paul. But the republican party continues to ignore him. They are setting themselves up for disaster.

This either proves that

A) Republican leaders are stupid

or

B) Parties don't matter, republican or democrat, they all have the same secret agenda.

beermotor
07-23-2007, 02:21 PM
I think it is a little bit of both, actually.

but, people are generally resistant to change. You have to convert them with gentle pressure, you can't beat them over the head with it.

DeadheadForPaul
07-23-2007, 02:22 PM
This is a win-win election for us, I think.

There are two outcomes:
1.) Ron Paul gets the nomination
2.) Some Neo-con gets the nomination, they lose badly Dukakis-style and the GOP rank and file think 'wow, maybe we need to get back to small government'. An increasing number of Republican congressmen are coming to this conclusion as they are slowly backing off their support of the Iraq War

ChairmanMao
07-23-2007, 02:26 PM
"1.) Ron Paul gets the nomination
2.) Some Neo-con gets the nomination, they lose badly Dukakis-style and the GOP rank and file think 'wow, maybe we need to get back to small government'. An increasing number of Republican congressmen are coming to this conclusion as they are slowly backing off their support of the Iraq War"
3. Hillary wins
And let me be the first to say that I for one welcome our Lesbian Overlordess.

DeadheadForPaul
07-23-2007, 02:28 PM
"1.) Ron Paul gets the nomination
2.) Some Neo-con gets the nomination, they lose badly Dukakis-style and the GOP rank and file think 'wow, maybe we need to get back to small government'. An increasing number of Republican congressmen are coming to this conclusion as they are slowly backing off their support of the Iraq War"
3. Hillary wins
And let me be the first to say that I for one welcome our Lesbian Overlordess.

I think it is highly unlikely that Hillary will win. In fact, I think she might be the one person in the world that the neo-cons could beat. In the even that she did, the GOP would be so enraged/fired up that I hope they would realize the desperate situation and return to small government

Scribbler de Stebbing
07-23-2007, 02:33 PM
See this post on my discussion with a typical Republican hack:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=8579

To which he then responded:

Maybe you will be right.....

However, the way I see it if Iraq has not improved by 12 months from now, both candidates will be planning on some sort of withdrawl. In contrast, if the situation in Iraq has improved substaintially, the Dems could be in big trouble for overplaying their hand on trying to get out sooner.

GOP, delusion is thy middle name. (And you thought it was "old.")

ChairmanMao
07-23-2007, 02:35 PM
"I think it is highly unlikely that Hillary will win. In fact, I think she might be the one person in the world that the neo-cons could beat. In the even that she did, the GOP would be so enraged/fired up that I hope they would realize the desperate situation and return to small government"

It is very likely Hillary can win. She will destroy any pro war candidate. The higher ups in the Republican party are trying to lose this election. Why else would they be supporting 3 pro war candidates with a mix of pro abortion pro illegal immigration pro gun control and 2 new england Republicans?

http://voxday.blogspot.com/2007/06/unelectable.html

thomaspaine23
07-23-2007, 02:43 PM
They will fight tooth and nail to pick anyone but Paul. Even if it means they lose the Whitehouse. Why?

Because Paul represents a threat to the military-industrial complex. Any other candidate both Dem's and Republicans do not. If the republican party nominates
Paul you will see a slew of money from the corporations go into supporting the democratic nominee.

In addition Paul would dismantle alot of assumed presidential authority. All the yahoos in D.C. have aspirations of becoming president one day.
If Paul got elected he'd strip the presidency of the very power they covet. Better (in their minds) to have a democrat win.

tiznow
07-23-2007, 02:45 PM
We live under a one party system (of trying to get as much power and control to the top on the pyramid as possible) the two parties just utilized to polarize and brainwash the sheep and let this system continue seemingly unnoticed.

njandrewg
07-23-2007, 02:52 PM
As far as I can see, it boils down to 5 reasons
1-they view themselves as the lesser of 2 evils compared to Hillary/Obama
2-they won 2004 on the same platform, so they think they can win again
3-according to them, during war the country never elects a "dove"
4-they view that the democratic congress has smaller approval rating than Bush
5-they think...and I'm not even joking here, that republicans have a lot more cross over appeal compared to Hillary.

Bruehound
07-23-2007, 03:09 PM
I recall recently hearing Dr. Ron saying very slyly that he expects eventually the GOP establishment will realize a pro-war candidate will doom the party.

SeanEdwards
07-23-2007, 03:39 PM
They'd rather become the minority party than elect a true constitutionalist like Ron Paul. At least the powerful entities pulling the strings of the republican party would refer that outcome. Look, the republican party has ALREADY in the past supported a democrat who switched parties to try to unseat Paul from his Congressional seat. It's clear where their loyalties are. They don't see America as a grand experiment in human liberty, they see it as a vast mob of barely educated walmart shoppers who need to be controlled at all costs. The only question is if the grass-roots republicans will let these manipulative statist assholes lead them to more big government psuedo-fascism.

glts
07-23-2007, 04:02 PM
The shadow government has picked our selections (puppets) for us. We are to choose from their annointed candidates. It make no difference if it is a democrat or a republican. Why does everyone want to make it a dem vs rep fight? When we make it that kind of fight we are just looking at a small portion of the picture. That is what they want us to do. They want us to make it rep. against dems. that way we don't realize that the agenda is the same. That agenda is the NEW WORLD ORDER! It absolutely makes NO difference which party is elected. Their plan is set in place. The only thing they didn't count on was the internet and the support that Ron Paul would garner.

freelance
07-23-2007, 04:10 PM
That if Ron Paul isn't nominated, a democrat will surely win the 2008 election?

I vote for B. It's all a part of the plan. RP is certainly upsetting the apple cart! Sometimes the best laid plans...

JaylieWoW
07-23-2007, 04:11 PM
They'd rather become the minority party than elect a true constitutionalist like Ron Paul. At least the powerful entities pulling the strings of the republican party would refer that outcome. Look, the republican party has ALREADY in the past supported a democrat who switched parties to try to unseat Paul from his Congressional seat. It's clear where their loyalties are. They don't see America as a grand experiment in human liberty, they see it as a vast mob of barely educated walmart shoppers who need to be controlled at all costs. The only question is if the grass-roots republicans will let these manipulative statist assholes lead them to more big government psuedo-fascism.

I'll take that phrase and raise you a cradle and a grave!

Amerika: n. adj., A vast mob of barely educated Wal-Mart shoppers who need to be completely controlled at all costs from cradle to grave.

LOLs

Wyurm
07-23-2007, 04:12 PM
If Ron Paul isnt elected, I may have to quit my job. Calling my representatives, the White House comment line, etc... is hard enough as it is with the unconstitutional anti-American bills, executive orders, and treaties that have been presented lately. I can only see it turning into a full time job if anyone but Ron Paul is elected.

jaybone
07-23-2007, 04:18 PM
"The shadow government has picked our selections (puppets) for us. We are to choose from their annointed candidates. It make no difference if it is a democrat or a republican. Why does everyone want to make it a dem vs rep fight? When we make it that kind of fight we are just looking at a small portion of the picture. That is what they want us to do. They want us to make it rep. against dems. that way we don't realize that the agenda is the same. That agenda is the NEW WORLD ORDER! It absolutely makes NO difference which party is elected. Their plan is set in place. The only thing they didn't count on was the internet and the support that Ron Paul would garner."

Keen observation.
Ron has spoken on this issue, if in a broader sense.
When people stop being individuals, form groups, then start bestowing rights upon those groups, it is easy for the TRUE ENEMIES to pit us against each other.
It's not dems vs reps, its US vs THEM.
"US" = people who remember what it is to be a free human being
"THEM" = world elite who covertly strive to economically enslave us all

MozoVote
07-23-2007, 06:35 PM
One of the lessons the establishment strategists and donors took from Y2000 was that an insurgent anti-establishment candidate can't crack the Republican "base". MCain got favorable publicity and picked off a few states, but the "base" held.

What they are ignoring now, is the immense dissatisfaction within typically nonvoting people, the "invasion" of the Libertarians and Constitutionalists, as well as the dissatisfaction of the paleoconservatives.

This is a different brew than Y2000 was.

Finally there is just the basic fact that these people want to keep their jobs. They do not know if they will have any with Paul at the top of the ticket. They'd rather gamble with the status quo and hang on for 8 to 12 years until the public shifts moods again.

It worked for the Democrats in 2006. Don't tell me the Dems had much of a message. They got voted in for no other reason than because they were the alternative, and had simply waited until the public threw in the towel over the GOP.

Broadlighter
07-23-2007, 07:10 PM
It's B.

I think the two-headed party wants the Dems to win this time. Next to Giuliani, Thompson and Romney, Hillary and Obama looks like saints. It's the 1992/1996 election all over again. The NWO crowd knows that if we withdraw from Iraq, they can still keep their people in power with a Democrat president.

A Giuliani candidacy, with his police-state rhetoric, will make Hillary/Obama much more acceptable to the public. Put Ron Paul up against them and it's a no-brainer and the PTB doesn't want that.

LibertyEagle
07-23-2007, 07:57 PM
B) Parties don't matter, republican or democrat, they all have the same secret agenda.

I vote for B, but I don't think the agenda is secret at all.

bygone
07-23-2007, 08:16 PM
Everything is going as planned, do not adjust your television set.

Democratic house, democratic senate... well now all we need is a democrat in the White House and we have a stage that is set for some amazing things to happen, right?

Voting Republican in this election could be the only right thing to do.