PDA

View Full Version : At current rate estimate it will take 1 year to recruit 180,000 Precinct Leaders

dkim68
01-10-2008, 08:43 PM
Hey, seriously, do you guys want a real REVOLUTION to happen or not? Do you want Ron Paul to be our next President? That's why we're all here right? Then please, please sign up as a Precinct Leader! I know, I know. You've seen other threads saying the same thing. But look, we've got all our work cut out for us now. I estimate at the current rate it would take up to 1-year to recruit 180,000 Precinct Leaders. That's not gonna cut it, folks. We all need to move to the next step and take action! The more new supporters we can find, the stronger the base of support will be for Ron Paul.

Why do I feel this is so important? Because we, his supporters are his best defense against everything opposing him between now and November. We are his shield against all the MSM distortion and a force to be reckoned with against the establishment. What we all need to understand is that together we are infinintely more powerful than the opposition is. Ron Paul has our support but up to this point has been careful not to be too optimistic about an actual revolution happening. So then it's just a question of HOW MUCH do we truly care about our futures? I know it feels unusual but all we need to do is stand up and fight to get our country back. Yeah, it sounds like a movie. And in a way it's like those films where a character has an opportunity to alter history to create a better future. Well all of the sudden here in front of us is a person that can do just that: RON PAUL. And it's not a movie, it's reality. The horrible things that policy makers are doing in Washington aren't from a Tom Clancy novel. It's REALLY happening just as Ron Paul has said.

Ron Paul has mentioned it may take another election or two before true change comes about. He's speaking with a less than optimistic tone because he can knows the sheer power of the MSM and the establishment that opposes him. Without our support, Ron Paul has very little power. He realizes HIS POWER lies in all of us. So if it's not this election then he's counting on the young generation to carry on his message as they grow to become our next political leaders. But do we really need to wait for that to happen? Or can we do something about it now?

To me the window of opportunity is very clear. Are we willing to let this opportunity slip by simply because of a negative "feeling" of powerlessness against a higher power? That "feeling" is nonsense. We DO have GREAT POWER. And now more than any other time in history the American people must band together and use that power. Because I don't want how I live my life or how my children live their lives to be dictated by an "establishment" that believes itself to be unstoppable. We need to take them down and clean house. All we need to do is mobilize behind Ron Paul and support him with everything we've got! Let the MSM and establishment just try to ignore our power in numbers. With all the supporters united, victory will come through unprecendented history-making voter turnout and immense support for Ron Paul on Election Day! This is the vision we can make a reality. If we can't do that then we have again stood by and allowed the powers that be to determine our future and the futures for generations to come. If that happens, I don't want to feel like I didn't try my best to prevent it. There is only one right path and Ron Paul is on it. With Ron Paul leading the way and the entire nation behind him, he will be unstoppable come November! So let's do it! Let 2008 go down in our nation's history as the year the PEOPLE took back their country. Let's make this REVOLUTION happen! YEAH!!!!!

PLEASE SIGN UP NOW!
http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/6431/ronpaul2008lx0.gif (http://voters.ronpaul2008.com/grassrootscentral.test/signup.php?r=dkim68@hotmail.com)

Alright, I'll try to calm down now. It's just that I really want this to happen!

Thanks,
-Dave
dkim68@hotmail.com

amy31416
01-10-2008, 08:55 PM
I did it today, and it's surprisingly painless. Come on people!

Pretty please?

dkim68
01-11-2008, 02:19 AM
Excellent! Glad you've joined the troops.

Bilgefisher
01-11-2008, 02:27 AM
Huge bump for importance.

hotbrownsauce
01-11-2008, 02:44 AM
I just joined a couple of days ago, its easy as heck. If you don't join then you might as well have never rallied for Paul.

dkim68
01-11-2008, 02:47 AM
I think someone needs to organize a Ron Paul Precinct Army project with monthly Recruiting Bomb days. And I think the goal to reach the 180,000 mark should be the beginning of June right before the last national primary. To accomplish that we would need 36,000 Precinct Leaders to sign up every month for the next five months, 9,000 per week, 1,300 a day, 60 per hour, 1 per minute. Oh my god. PLEASE SIGN UP NOW!!

q_castic
01-11-2008, 02:48 AM
I did it today, and it's surprisingly painless. Come on people!

Pretty please?

PAINLESS?! I have nothing but problems? How the F do you find your precinct??? The login page give you 3 options:

1)If you're lucky, your address is in our database, in which case your precinct is: ----

I have donated several times and I am not in their database. Nice.

2)You can use the button below to display a map of a sample address in the precinct chosen on the drop-down list

All I get is a pop-up that says: "This is defin[i]tely not your precinct...in fact, this precint doesn't even exist." This happens for each one in Simi Valley, CA that I pick.

3)You can try to find a precinct locator with a web search.

This does not help. If it's not on the first page of a Google search, the search is over.

Any help? Anyone?

austin356
01-11-2008, 02:49 AM
If just the readers of Daily Paul would sign up then we would be there!!

smartguy911
01-11-2008, 02:52 AM
bump

q_castic
01-11-2008, 02:53 AM
Bump

Taco John
01-11-2008, 02:59 AM
I would love to, but right now I'm working 10 hour days at minimum. What's involved in being a Precinct Leader? I'm afraid to sign up and let everyone down because of work demands.

austin356
01-11-2008, 03:01 AM
I would love to, but right now I'm working 10 hour days at minimum. What's involved in being a Precinct Leader? I'm afraid to sign up and let everyone down because of work demands.

Precincts are not limited to one leader.

Joe3113
01-11-2008, 03:07 AM
I WANNA BE A PRECINCT LEADER. If only I was American and in America.

Actually I consider myself Aussie precinct leader. I'm trying to find the 100,000 US citizens that are estimated to be in Australia. :D

Joe3113
01-11-2008, 03:09 AM

Perhaps giving up this forum would give you the time to do it!!! :)

Kaneda
01-11-2008, 03:11 AM
It would be helpful to get the word out, i'm pretty sure many RP supporters aren't up to date with the infos.

Also, on the official RP site: "I am now a believer in door to door. Today (12/22) was my first day, and oh boy, I wish I'd started sooner. It was suprisingly easy too, and I've never done this before; I'm not a salesman. It is also the MOST rewarding to get the word out. So many people out there will support Ron Paul and had NO PLANS to vote in the primary. GET OUT THERE PEOPLE. We have the NUMBERS. If every Ron Paul supporter who's active on the internet went out and did a few dozen homes, it will be a SLAM DUNK in the primaries."
(https://voters.ronpaul2008.com/grassroots/)

Door to door works best, because you confront people with the message of Ron Paul personnaly, and you have a chance to convince them. Most people are ignoring flyers, billboards or signs. They mostly don't go to political meetings, and then only to those of the major candidates.

BUT it is HARD to ignore someone standing on your doorsteps. ESPECIALLY if he is really polite, friendly and wants to talk to you about a serious matter !

dkim68
01-11-2008, 03:21 AM
If you are not in the database then contact your State Coordinator via e-mail or phone. That information should be on your Precinct Leader Tools page.

amy31416
01-11-2008, 04:34 AM
PAINLESS?! I have nothing but problems? How the F do you find your precinct??? The login page give you 3 options:

1)If you're lucky, your address is in our database, in which case your precinct is: ----

2)You can use the button below to display a map of a sample address in the precinct chosen on the drop-down list

All I get is a pop-up that says: "This is defin[i]tely not your precinct...in fact, this precint doesn't even exist." This happens for each one in Simi Valley, CA that I pick.

This does not help. If it's not on the first page of a Google search, the search is over.

Any help? Anyone?

Any help for this potential captain? I didn't have any problems like that at all, my precinct came right up. . .What's the deal?

dkim68
01-11-2008, 04:48 AM
Any help for this potential captain? I didn't have any problems like that at all, my precinct came right up. . .What's the deal?
I recommend he click the "Report A Bug" button in the upper-righthand corner.

My Precinct Leader page in Illinois as "Announcements" listing bugs they are working on fixing. The database errors and such will vary from state-to-state. So if you're having problems either "Report A Bug" or contact your respective State Coordinator to try and resolve the issue.

Airborn
01-11-2008, 04:55 AM
Come on Louisiana! We only have 43 total Precinct Leaders. Everyone sign up and use the info to get out to voters. This could be the mastermind in us doing well in primaries. I missed Louisiana's Nov. 30 deadline to get registered to vote, so I'm trying to do what i can to make up for that.

Airborn
01-11-2008, 04:56 AM

mine did too

amy31416
01-11-2008, 06:38 AM
I recommend he click the "Report A Bug" button in the upper-righthand corner.

My Precinct Leader page in Illinois as "Announcements" listing bugs they are working on fixing. The database errors and such will vary from state-to-state. So if you're having problems either "Report A Bug" or contact your respective State Coordinator to try and resolve the issue.

I'll have to second this as the best solution for anyone having a problem. I haven't had any problems whatsoever.

jufreese
01-11-2008, 06:47 AM
it does say right on the website they want 1 precinct leader per precinct for a total of 180,000 and as of right now we have more leaders than precincts....something like 3500 from 3400 precincts.....so lets not get too worried here

MN Patriot
01-11-2008, 06:47 AM
We need 180,000 precinct captains but only have about 5000 now. Super Tuesday is less than a month away, do you think they can attract 175,000 more precinct captains, get them organized, distribute literature, make phone calls, and have them all dominate the caucuses and primaries in a few short weeks?

Of course not.

I think this is the BIG PLAN that keeps getting mentioned, keep attracting more supporters until after the primaries are over, then make an independent run.

If Ron ran as a Libertarian, it would help to have a LP congressional candidate running in every district, plus the senate candidates in a third of the states, plus governors, ALL REPEATING THE SAME MESSAGE: LESS GOVERNMENT, MORE FREEDOM.

If Ron had a legion of other candidates with him, he wouldn't look like the lone fool trying to change the world.

losinglife
01-11-2008, 06:50 AM
crap

no, shut up about that garbage. Focus on the REPUBLICAN RUN NOW

qwerty
01-11-2008, 06:53 AM
E-mail it to MEET-UP GROUPS AND TO MYSPACE/FACEBOOK!

:rolleyes:

bjrnet
01-11-2008, 06:54 AM

Any help? Anyone?

Your precinct number should be on your voter registration card.

Brian Bailey
01-11-2008, 07:18 AM
Answer to a question: there can be more than one precinct leader per precinct. Even if you can only make 10 calls, please sign up.

I am a County Coordinator. Please ask any questions you have about this: Paulunteer@gmail.com

Bruehound
01-11-2008, 08:29 AM
read this, live this....work your precinct!

ThinkAwake
01-11-2008, 08:44 AM
Bump

EVERY FORUM MEMBER SHOULD BE DEDICATED TO THE REVOLUTION!!

Orgoonian
01-11-2008, 10:22 AM
Done!

Totally painless:D

HooterandGreenway.com
01-11-2008, 10:50 AM
Easy and Simple ... I am now a Precinct Leader in Buffalo...

xRedfoxx
01-11-2008, 10:58 AM
TTB
01-11-2008, 11:04 AM
Just joined last night - Chicago. I am in the only Republican ward in the city :)

My map and voter list aren't working, so I reported the bug. Hope they get around to fixing it soon.

For those who haven't signed up: JUST DO IT!

rwl4
01-11-2008, 04:15 PM
Joined.

mavtek
01-11-2008, 04:17 PM
I signed up a while back and for my area the site is clearly not finished, although I hope that for much earlier states that thing is kick butt and ready to go!

smartguy911
01-11-2008, 04:19 PM
super important bumb

WilliamC
01-11-2008, 04:22 PM
I've been trying since last Friday to get names in my walking list. I've emailed every day, used the bug reporting system, emailed my State coordinator, called HQ. Still I just get a blank list. I don't think they have all the information in the system yet.

I called my city clerks office today, next week I will pick up a map of my city with the precincts outlined. I guess if I don't hear something soon I'll just print out a bunch of generic slimjims and use those, but I'd like to get more specific information.

Well, my primary isn't until March 11th so I'm not critical...yet.

deedles
01-11-2008, 04:27 PM

mmink15
01-11-2008, 04:29 PM
I signed up
It's easy
Instructional videos, maps, REAL VOTERS to contact
Get the numbers up this is the campaign giving us something real to do.

5107--EAST LAMPETER 7 in Lancaster county PA is about to be introduced to the rEVOLution

literatim
01-11-2008, 04:32 PM

amy31416
01-11-2008, 04:34 PM
Does it help or hurt to "sticky" it?

I rarely read the "sticky" stuff myself, as I've already read it.

dkim68
01-11-2008, 04:40 PM
Everyone, I just sent an e-mail to Trevor Lyman creator of the "Remember the 5th of November" and "Tea Party 07" Money Bomb projects to see if he was interested in a Precinct Leader Recruiting Bomb project. I'll update you guys when I hear back from him. I've considered calling it "Operation Landslide". :cool:

CareerTech1
01-11-2008, 04:43 PM
i signed up

Platondas
01-11-2008, 04:47 PM
Is it ok to sign up for precinct captain in an area you vote in but cannot walk around in (due to being out of town nearly constantly) I would if it weren't for this but I would be happy to make calls and organize.

damon04
01-11-2008, 04:48 PM
Bump ~~~~

WilliamC
01-11-2008, 04:49 PM
Is it ok to sign up for precinct captain in an area you vote in but cannot walk around in (due to being out of town nearly constantly) I would if it weren't for this but I would be happy to make calls and organize.

I'd say go for it but contact your State coordinator or HQ ASAP and let them know of your conflict and that you will be trying very hard to recruit others in your precinct to do the legwork.

Still waiting on my names.....

sgrooms
01-11-2008, 04:52 PM
signed up :)

Platondas
01-11-2008, 05:55 PM
signed up

jake
01-11-2008, 05:58 PM
dailypaul needs to post updates twice a week, Monday and Friday or something on the # of precinct leaders that have been recruited.. come on, step up to the plate and this election can be won!

amy31416
01-11-2008, 05:58 PM
signed up :)

Congrats and good luck!

amy31416
01-11-2008, 05:59 PM
signed up

Fantastic!

jake
01-11-2008, 06:00 PM
Done!

Totally painless:D

now get to work :p just signing up is the easy part.

bnyles
01-11-2008, 06:03 PM
I am spreading the message as much as I can!

Cimbri
01-11-2008, 06:27 PM
Everyone join even if you only have a little time to spare this is critical to get out the vote. If you ever want to see Ron Paul poll over 10% we have to turn out the vote, take the message of freedom into your own hands and spread it throughout the land.

amy31416
01-11-2008, 06:40 PM
Everyone join even if you only have a little time to spare this is critical to get out the vote. If you ever want to see Ron Paul poll over 10% we have to turn out the vote, take the message of freedom into your own hands and spread it throughout the land.

*****AGREED COMPLETELY*****

RPDelegate
01-11-2008, 06:47 PM
To the original thread creator - you do realize that the tasks the precinct captain perform all need to happen prior to each persons state caucus/primary right? So talks of having x number of captains by June or whatever are pointless. For instance in my state, I need to get people to my caucus on Feb 5th. After that my job as precinct captain is done. The only way that I could possibly be continued to be involved in the campaign would be if I was selected as a delegate. But yeah come Feb 5th, my precinct captain duties are over. I think this needs to be stressed, because as people can see, there isn't much time at all. Sign up now!

Platondas
01-11-2008, 06:50 PM
so I am still going through all this info and one thing is really confusing me I get that the codes after the names of my people mean something but I haven't found a legend for them.
Can someone tell me what the #,T,t,G,g,!!,!!! mean?

crazyfacedjenkins
01-11-2008, 06:58 PM
It would be cool if we could keep this network going even after Ron Paul. We could use this list to get some good guys into New Jersey. Corzine just said he was going to jack up the tolls 800% over several years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ForLibertyFight
01-11-2008, 07:00 PM
bump

prlgrl
01-11-2008, 07:05 PM
I signed up this week. It's easier than you think. Do it! You will not regret it.

dkim68
01-11-2008, 07:30 PM
bump

dkim68
01-11-2008, 07:41 PM
To the original thread creator - you do realize that the tasks the precinct captain perform all need to happen prior to each persons state caucus/primary right?
I do. And I hope that could happen. That's why I'm trying so hard to get the importance of this through to people. As I mentioned, I e-mailed Trevor Lyman about turning this into another "Bomb" project. If that materializes, a "Super Tuesday" goal of 180,000 just might be possible. So keep your fingers crossed.

amy31416
01-11-2008, 08:32 PM
I do. And I hope that could happen. That's why I'm trying so hard to get the importance of this through to people. As I mentioned, I e-mailed Trevor Lyman about turning this into another "Bomb" project. If that materializes, a "Super Tuesday" goal of 180,000 just might be possible. So keep your fingers crossed.

I hope he'll take this on, it's very important.

Any of you video aces out there think you could make a good YouTube on this? You guys are so talented, so creative...and it would reach so many people.*

*yep, I'm buttering you up, schmoozing even.

Cimbri
01-11-2008, 09:23 PM
bump

https://voters.ronpaul2008.com/grassroots/

dkim68
01-11-2008, 11:00 PM
bump

dkim68
01-12-2008, 08:39 AM
We're going to crack 6,000 today, people! ALRIGHT!!

The rate is increasing as well. I can now update the thread title that it will take "1-year" now. We still need to work a lot faster.

dshields
01-12-2008, 08:56 AM
This is a wonderful thread! Exactly the sort of thing I like to see on RPFs.

A Bump for Importance!

Dave

dkim68
01-12-2008, 05:19 PM
bump

Abyss
01-12-2008, 05:26 PM
I'm only 18 and I'm afraid that I wouldnt know what to do etc. also I have alot oging on.

it doens't make sense for me to bea district leader I'm not even very smart.

einjun
01-12-2008, 05:32 PM
I'm not even very smart.
:rolleyes:
i'm 10 yrs older than you. one thing i've learned is if you don't believe in yourself the entire world won't. the way to believe in yourself is to take action, do whatever you want to do and do it anyway. you'll be amazed at how much you can do :)

T206
01-12-2008, 05:42 PM
I want to do this but what if Im only present in my precint 4 days a week? Im away from home Fri to Sun nights.

I think this line from the page worries me:

"The Precinct Leader is not a responsibility to be taken lightly. An average precinct has 1,000 voters in 500 households. Your role will be to ensure that every voter possible will arrive at the polls on Election Day to cast their vote for Dr. Paul. "

I want to do SOMETHING, but not sure I will be able to take care of that many voters with my limited availability.

dkim68
01-12-2008, 05:42 PM
I'm only 18 and I'm afraid that I wouldnt know what to do etc. also I have alot oging on.

it doens't make sense for me to bea district leader I'm not even very smart.
The responsibilities are very simple:

1. Stop by your nearest campaign office to pick up materials such as slim-jims, signs, etc. These are meant to be handed out to anyone who's interested.

2. On the precinct leader website, sign up and select your precinct. You'll gain access to lists of everyone in your area containing their names, addresses, phone #'s, etc.

3. Go down your list either calling or walking door-to-door to speak with people and try to inform them of who Ron Paul is and find out if they're interested in voting for him or not.

4. Return to the precinct leader site and there is a page where you can update info on who you've contacted in your precinct. You're done! (once that's all filled in and submitted then if you choose to you can tackle the next precinct and so on).

Thorough knowledge of politics and intelligence level is unimportant. The most important thing is being in touch with why you feel Ron Paul is the best Presidential candidate and conveying that to as many people as possible.

I guarantee if you sign up you will do just fine. If you're able to convince just a few people, those people will talk to other people, and so on, and so on. Then you see you've just been the catalyst for a ripple effect that has made a lasting impact in your community. The little that you do ends up contributing more than you know.

I know you can do it! Good luck!!

sockmonkey70@yahoo.com
01-12-2008, 05:50 PM
Yeah..So I am dedicated and passionate...But broke...I signed up to be a precinct leader since there are none in my area...I just don't have the money to buy 500 slim jims to pass out if I canvas :(

I got a good deal on some Liberty Cards on ebay (500 for $10) ..but they are small and I am afraid they won't have enough info.

I just feel like I don't have the resources to do this right..But I know it's better than having no one at all.

Does anyone have phone script other than the on on the precinct leader tools? The one they give is kinda pointless to me.

Paulitical Correctness
01-12-2008, 06:00 PM
Yeah..So I am dedicated and passionate...But broke...I signed up to be a precinct leader since there are none in my area...I just don't have the money to buy 500 slim jims to pass out if I canvas :(

I got a good deal on some Liberty Cards on ebay (500 for $10) ..but they are small and I am afraid they won't have enough info.

I just feel like I don't have the resources to do this right..But I know it's better than having no one at all.

Does anyone have phone script other than the on on the precinct leader tools? The one they give is kinda pointless to me.

Start a chipin, people have donated to people just like you. When it comes to helping Ron Paul win, we don't play.

dkim68
01-12-2008, 06:39 PM
Where are you located? I can try to find someone who can provide you slim-jims for free.

sockmonkey70@yahoo.com
01-12-2008, 06:43 PM
I am in Louisiana..I have gotten in touch with a few of the locals, who forwarded me to Andrew Axom, The Louisiana Field director who is located in the same city as me...But he still hasn't responded.

roshi
01-12-2008, 06:47 PM
You can find your precinct by calling 311. I don't know if that's available everywhere, but that's the city nonemergency helpline.

dkim68
01-12-2008, 07:03 PM
I am in Louisiana.
Ok, if you're not already a member, look below and sign up with your nearest Meetup group (it's FREE). Contact either the Organizer or put a message out to group members about your situation and need for materials. You'll likely receive a quick response from someone willing to help you. Good luck!

New Orleans
http://ronpaul.meetup.com/200/

Shreveport
http://ronpaul.meetup.com/248/

Lafayette
http://ronpaul.meetup.com/287/

Baton Rouge
http://ronpaul.meetup.com/1210/

sockmonkey70@yahoo.com
01-12-2008, 07:14 PM
I am already a member of the three most local meetups :) (Natchitoches, Shreveport, and Alexandria)

Thanks for the help though!

dkim68
01-12-2008, 07:17 PM
I am already a member of the three most local meetups :) (Natchitoches, Shreveport, and Alexandria)

Thanks for the help though!
Well there ya go! Ask somebody! They will help you! :)

sockmonkey70@yahoo.com
01-12-2008, 07:21 PM
Thanks :) I have asked the ones in my city..but I guess it's time to reach out further :)

dkim68
01-12-2008, 11:45 PM
Bump

dkim68
01-13-2008, 04:26 PM
Bump