PDA

View Full Version : Iran boats, Fox asks question based on report that may not be true?

Liberty Star
01-10-2008, 08:39 PM
Fox reads the news?

Thursday, 10 January 2008, 20:49 GMT

US doubts over Iran boat 'threat'

Both sets of footage

An alleged threat to blow up US warships "may not have come" from Iranian speedboats involved in a recent stand-off, the BBC has learned.

The voice on a Pentagon tape could instead have come from another ship in the area or a transmitter on land, senior US Navy sources told the BBC.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/7181929.stm

RonPaulFTFW
01-10-2008, 08:40 PM
hey, it's fox.

britney spears might run across the stage naked any moment now.

wohoo
01-10-2008, 08:41 PM
My thoughts exactly. The ones who respond to this as if it was fact will look mighty stupid tomorrow :)

Liberty Star
01-10-2008, 08:41 PM
Brit continues to cite audio recording that may not be Iranian at all?

RP did bring it up that it may be based on false and brought up ABC interview.

Well done RP!

PaultheSaint
01-10-2008, 08:42 PM
The thread title is the absolute first thing that popped in my mind. War mongers.

wohoo
01-10-2008, 08:43 PM
Ron Is Saying It Right Now!!! :)

Liberty Star
01-10-2008, 08:44 PM
Romney is a moron, this guy wants to be commander in chief...

Liberty Star
01-11-2008, 12:25 AM
hey, it's fox.

They better own up to it, this is freakin debate to choose next President of US.

Liberty Star
01-11-2008, 12:36 AM
My thoughts exactly. The ones who respond to this as if it was fact will look mighty stupid tomorrow :)

Yep, this will hurt them and help RP.

RP campaign should get this in an ad even to show that other candidates are not up to date and informed on current affairs. RP was the only one who questioned validity of this report citing ABC news piece from today.

JaylieWoW
01-11-2008, 12:37 AM
hey, it's fox.

L O F L

Jobarra
01-11-2008, 12:40 AM
Sorry, but even if they didn't transmit that message, the actions of the boats were highly hostile. I'm surprised that noone opened fire after the U.S.S. Cole incident. Churning around in the wake of the ships and following the ships is a peaceful act? Those forces were trying to start something.

Liberty Star
01-11-2008, 01:01 AM
That's a whole different issue on which a Presidential candidate won't have a take but the captain of ship would. The so called audio tape wording Fox used to frame the question had been discredited or doubted at least.

Tugboat1988
01-11-2008, 01:07 AM
The question in the debate, as I undersand it, asked if the commanders on our ships actec properly. Dr. Paul may have misunderstood the question, even mentioned that he couldn't hear the moderator.

But, here's the way I think it happened. You could notice that the audio quality was quite different than the other voices. I suspect the voice was directing a comment toward the obvious Iranian accent suggesting what was about to happen if the small boats didn't back off.

I think the skippers on our war ships acted correctly, if they had manned guns and ordered them ready to take action. It was correct action because it appeared that the small boats were not military but resembled civilian in design and color. That means the commanders would treat them similar to the way they would react to pirates, but with more seriousness considering where they were.

I think there would have been noticable splashes in the water and boat parts flying around had the small boats attempted to continue their approach. That, I believe is the standard order of the day on men-of-war ships.

I sailed US Government civilian manned ships in that same area, and in other pirate areas around the world. We usually had an M16, riot shotgun, and a few side arms aboard so you could consider us unarmed. Sinse it wasn't much fun shooting pirates, I set up a fire hose on the sanitary shore connection. Spraying that stuff usually stopped them.

But what is relevant to my experiences is the way the small boats acted, and it was much like typical pirate activity; and that's not government related when challenged in court. Military ships shoot quicker, but still with restrainted approach, than they would against civilian colors. And, it looked like civilian colors to me.

One other thing about the voice in question.... If I had been there and on a mic I'd have broadcast a message, perhaps more colorfully, and that voice, and as with that voice, it would be dirrected at the idiot speed boats.

That's my two cents, errrr, maybe even more.
Tugboat.

Liberty Star
01-11-2008, 01:14 AM
Perhaps this is being too cynical, but how does an audio tape from a very volatile region with the originally reported wording could get broadcast across america on the eve of first Primary election if it may have not come from the hostile party? We are the super power and hitech leader of the world. If Iranians had not released their video version, everyone would have accepted MSM reported 'blow up' audio as a 'fact' , a fact that could potentially start a war between US-Iran?

Trigonx
01-11-2008, 01:18 AM
Iran released their video footage of the event with clear audio with Communications with the US Naval ship

let me dig around to find it

http://www.presstv.ir/detail.aspx?id=38190&sectionid=351020101

dkim68
01-11-2008, 01:33 AM
When I first heard the voice I thought "That guy doesn't even sound Iranian. He sounds like Stephen Wright."

Listen:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYffXv7jMYQ

Tugboat1988
01-11-2008, 01:35 AM
Perhaps this is being too cynical, but how does an audio tape from a very volatile region with the originally reported wording could get broadcast across america on the eve of first Primary election if it may have not come from the hostile party? We are the super power and hitech leader of the world. If Iranians had not released their video version, everyone would have accepted MSM reported 'blow up' audio as a 'fact' , a fact that could potentially start a war between US-Iran?

OH, I don't think you are being too cynical at all. The voice did sound different, like maybe dubbed in. In that case it could have originated from just about any place. But I'm not really very concerned about the voice one way or another. Being in similar situations, my focus goes to the actions of the crews, not the voices involved. They only matter as indication that our ships were warning the small boats to stay away. That's typical. It would have also been typical for them to be sunk had they continued to approach. That's what happens, and is expected, in international waters especially in sea lanes concerning military ships.

Actually, the Iranians have gone through times when they do stupid stuff in that area. They just about overstepped that time. Our ships handled it in what seemed typical fashion. We didn't give Abdemoononthejohn reason to do anything but make a fool of himself. They were doing similar things when I was there.

If you want to hear some real conversations, cat calls, sound effect wannabees, just tune in on emergency broadcast channels at night in the far east and Indian Ocean. Things don't go according to what we expect or what our country respects as typical regulation. But, it may be significant to some of our military prosecuters following our military around with spiral note pads.

Tugboat