PDA

View Full Version : Congress Has Power to Prohibit Elective Abortions

Douglass Bartley
07-23-2007, 01:12 PM
A tentative view . . . Please comment

at http://rxpaul.townhall.com/Default.aspx?mode=post&g=fcba85bd-8e8e-4ad1-bb68-5461b57085f9

angelatc
07-23-2007, 01:51 PM
I think that I understand Dr. Pauls opinion to be that the matter shold be left up to the States.

Scribbler de Stebbing
07-23-2007, 02:14 PM
You are correct about the District of Columbia. Congress does have the power to enact laws for this city without a state.

But it is unwise for Congress to set criminal code for the states. Doing this gives us no argument against hate crime legislation, mandatory death penalties or death penalty prohibition, federal drug laws, federal education laws, and so many other matters dear to freedom lovers.

Abortion is TRULY best left to the states, and this applies to activists on both sides of the debate. Whether you are for or against, you have a better chance of influencing your state government than you do the federal government. And worst case scenario, you can move to the next closest state which matches your beliefs.

Douglass Bartley
07-23-2007, 02:18 PM
Good people: I think I understand Dr. Paul's view. But I'm trying to decide whether the view I just published is sound. When you can, let me know what you think.

angelatc
07-23-2007, 08:15 PM
It's your blog, but I think putting that article on it misrepresents Paul's position, becaue your blog has Paul's name in it.