PDA

View Full Version : Why the whole "racism" debacle may help Ron with republicans!

SonOfLiberty
01-10-2008, 07:13 PM
Think about this......... most Republicans still know little about Ron or nothing at all. Now imagine this, a Republican candidate is accused of racism. How many times has that happened!? So if this "racism" bit goes on, I bet you many Republicans will say "Well only those stupid liberal's would accuse one of our Republicans of being racist, they have been doing that for years!" And then they will look more into Ron or support him simply because they see this as another false racist attack on a Republican!

integrity
01-10-2008, 07:16 PM
enemy of my enemy is my friend? might work for some....

libertythor
01-10-2008, 07:16 PM
That is possible. However, most Republicans...along with the rest of America aren't racist....maybe prejudiced...but not racist....and will listen to the smear attack soundbites and repeat them over dinner table conversation.

Hopefully enough are enticed to investigate though.

PimpBlimp
01-10-2008, 07:18 PM
However, most Republicans...along with the rest of America aren't racist..

You don't come from the south do you?

jacmicwag
01-10-2008, 07:22 PM
I didn't think of this angle - maybe Hannity, O'Rielly and the rest of the neocons will suddenly start supporting Ron Paul. That would be the ultimate bizarro world.

Menthol Patch
01-10-2008, 07:24 PM
I'm from the south and there are a lot of racists blacks and a lot of racists whites.

libertythor
01-10-2008, 07:24 PM
You don't come from the south do you?

I said prejudiced....that is different from blind hatred. Yes...many if not most prefer to live amongst their own, but that does not imply racism.

I am from a border state, Missouri.

homah
01-10-2008, 07:27 PM
I was actually thinking it will help him too, but for somewhat of a different reason. People, for whatever reason, don't like those they perceive as being without fault. I really think Paul comes across to a lot of people as a teacher's pet or something. Now, he will come across as someone who makes mistakes (and I don't mean that people will necessarily believe he wrote the newsletters, just that he wasn't diligent about ensuring that the content was satisfactory). I bet his approval rating goes up.