PDA

View Full Version : calling lists

PC_for_Paul
01-10-2008, 07:04 PM
This don't look encouraging from an hour of dialing up my local voters. 1 in 25 will talk to ya, one guy told me "I ain't votin for n ron paul, he won't be around long".

I don't know how we are going to reach these people with the media blackout.
:(

hillertexas
01-10-2008, 07:05 PM
Don't get discouraged. This will be a long battle...but we will prevail.

PC_for_Paul
01-10-2008, 07:24 PM
Don't get discouraged. This will be a long battle...but we will prevail.

Well you got the first part right, but we need some help in bama.

notcarljung
01-12-2008, 01:25 AM
ditto. i prefer door to door. most people will talk to the guy that shows up at their house. heh.

just keep selling it dude. even if paul supporters are a small minority, our turnout has gotta be higher than most candidates. i mean..... who in the world is excited about voting for fred thompson??? lol.

WilliamC
01-12-2008, 06:45 AM
This don't look encouraging from an hour of dialing up my local voters. 1 in 25 will talk to ya, one guy told me "I ain't votin for n ron paul, he won't be around long".

I don't know how we are going to reach these people with the media blackout.
:(

What are you saying when the phone is answered? Do not immediately say Ron Paul's name.

"Hi, my name is XXX and I'm calling about the upcoming primary on YYY. Is this something you are planning to participate in?

If they say no or have any negative reaction at all then you can say thank you and hang up. They won't have any negative impression of Ron Paul.

If they say yes:

"Do you have someone in mind yet that you are voting for?"

If they say no then:

"Are there any specific issues that are most important to you this election cycle"

If they say yes and it's ZZZ:

"May I ask if there is some specific issue that makes you like ZZZ?

Typically, unless they are completely reluctant to give you any information, you will know something by now about this voter. Then you come in with

"I'm calling in support of Ron Paul who has said ???? about ????, are you familiar with his positions."

Anyway, I guess the idea is to try and get some sort of feel for an issue important to the person you are talking to before you mention the name of the candidate you are supporting. This gives you time to anticipate questions and try and tailor your response, and if you have a very negative caller again you can end the conversation before you associate your call with Ron Paul.

PC_for_Paul
01-13-2008, 12:11 AM
Yes I have boiled it down to a quick 2 questions,
1. do you plan to vote in the Primary
2. Have you decided who you will vote for

Majority doesn't want to talk or just hangs up, southern hospitality?

I haven't called a supporter yet, a few who never heard of Ron Paul, a few who were willing to talk about it.

If they aren't engaging after the 2 questions I'm out. Most of the people I have talked to said they would make up their minds in the next couple of weeks by watching TV.

My call goes like this here:
[ is Mr. so and so home]

Mr. So and so, I hate to bother you at home My name is [insert name], I am a local volunteer for the Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign I am conducting a quick 2 question survey and would like to get your feedback.

I even got one, I shit you not that said "Ron Paul, I ain't votin for no damn Ron Paul" with Fox News playing in the background.

I was as nice as I could be to the guy and thanked him for taking my phone call, but I think you know what I was thinking.

It's going to be tough down here....

Jobarra
01-14-2008, 01:57 PM
Door to door is better than phone calls. If you are taking time to actually physically be there, people are a little bit nicer. Do you think they're going to see any other candidate supporters out there? The other candidates don't have the money to pay for canvassers in all Feb 5th states. If people see grassroots support on the ground, I'm sure they will be more swayed in their thought processes than getting a phone call, which is what the other candidates will do.

I don't want to discourage you and if phone calls are all you can do, then that is infinitely better than nothing, but door to door just has a better success rate I think if you can do it.