PDA

View Full Version : New Religion Poll

maiki
07-23-2007, 11:14 AM
with many options. :)

ThePieSwindler
07-23-2007, 11:21 AM
How many fucking religion polls are on this front page lol.

EvoPro
07-23-2007, 11:21 AM
better options, thanks

jaybone
07-23-2007, 11:26 AM
Athiest and Agnostic are really not the same.
Pretty far apart from the viewpoint of an athiest at least.

Highmesa
07-23-2007, 11:48 AM
I thought this was a "New Religion" poll. Those all look like old religions to me.

I've changed my mind since the last poll and am no longer atheist. I am now Hopi - can you add a category for that?;)

nunaem
07-23-2007, 11:57 AM
Athiest and Agnostic are really not the same.
Pretty far apart from the viewpoint of an athiest at least.

It depends on how you define Atheist, an agnostic could fit one of the definitions of atheist: 'One who has no god' But not: 'One who believes there is no god'

Many agnostics think that agnosticism gives to much credence to the possibility of religions being true and prefer soft atheism which views all religions as false but allows the possibility of God's existence.

Hook
07-23-2007, 12:17 PM
Gnosis means "Knowledge" and the "A" prefix means not, so agnostic literally means "I don't know". Although most agnostics would be better described as "I don't know/care"

mdh
07-23-2007, 12:23 PM
You are missing LaVeyan Satanist and Devil Worshipper options.

LibertyBelle
07-23-2007, 12:26 PM
Spiritual, but not religious, so wasn't sure if should vote....but answered other.

rich34
07-23-2007, 12:40 PM
These polls are not necessary. They will do more to divide than to unite. If we're trying to appeal to the core of the republican party they only need to know that Ron Paul is a Christian and not what every tom, dick, and harry are. I am only saying this because religion divides.

risiusj
07-23-2007, 12:44 PM
All I have to say is - Thank God for Atheists.

austin356
07-23-2007, 12:52 PM
You are missing LaVeyan Satanist and Devil Worshipper options.

OOOh the Bush options........ Yea that should be an option.

mdh
07-23-2007, 12:58 PM
OOOh the Bush options........ Yea that should be an option.

Bush wouldn't last thirty seconds around LaVeyan Satanists (a philosophy not unlike libertarianism, in fact...)

Not sure about the devil worshippers. He may be one of them, but LaVeyan Satanists laugh at those kids. ;)

maiki
07-23-2007, 01:35 PM
Sorry, I know Atheist is not the Same as Agnostic. And there are more religions than the listed ones. But there are only 10 Choices. Many Christian denominations are not the same, Hindus aren't Buddhists. etc. etc. I just want to get a feel for the people on the board. :)

To the people who say these things divide us rather than unite us, I don't agree. It only divides us if we bring our collectivist prejudices to the board. If we think atheists/christians/muslims/jews/ etc. are somehow stupider, meaner, elitist or whatever, knowing there are such people on the board divides us. But if we treat people as individuals, knowing their background helps us draw from the unique resources and viewpoints everyone brings to the table.

Sorry for all the religion polls. I find it interesting to see the diversity of people that support Ron Paul. He unites people of different backgrounds, and that is an important message.

DisabledVet
07-23-2007, 01:47 PM
(sings) Dinosaur bones....dinosaur bones....de do da de do.... dinosaur bones.....

pyrazole
07-23-2007, 01:52 PM
Hasn't the MSM called us kooks a few times? Maybe you should include Heaven's Gate and Raelians just in case.