PDA

View Full Version : There WILL be a recount of NH votes!!

Geronimo
01-10-2008, 06:18 PM
Spreading this far and wide.

http://www.dailypaul.com/node/24235

I'm going to post this in the NH Primary forum as well

yongrel
01-10-2008, 06:18 PM
let's hope this doesn't backfire...

ItsTime
01-10-2008, 06:21 PM
who is albert?

VoluntaryMan
01-10-2008, 06:21 PM

What? You think they'll give all RP's votes to Fred, instead of Hillary?

Lord Xar
01-10-2008, 06:22 PM
I think a VERY HIGHLY SKILLED COMPUTER HACKER NEEDS TO BE THERE TOO, just like in the movie - hacking democracy - to expose the chips from the machines.

Velastor2
01-10-2008, 06:22 PM
The blowback is that IF the votes come back with the same number as before people will start to call Ron Paul a fridge candidate that cant except the fact he lost in NH and that he should leave it alone. This is why I hope they don't associate this with him.

rtil
01-10-2008, 06:23 PM
Only $12,000? Should be pocket change to the Ron Paul grassroots fund.

disciple

It shouldn't.

rtil
fridge candidate

hahahahah

disciple
01-10-2008, 06:24 PM
I think a VERY HIGHLY SKILLED COMPUTER HACKER NEEDS TO BE THERE TOO, just like in the movie - hacking democracy - to expose the chips from the machines.

Agree.

Thucydides
01-10-2008, 06:27 PM
it can't really backfire. it's not ron asking for the recount, it's another candidate. i am sure ron welcomes it though.

VoluntaryMan
01-10-2008, 06:29 PM
The blowback is that IF the votes come back with the same number as before people will start to call Ron Paul a fridge candidate that cant except the fact he lost in NH and that he should leave it alone. This is why I hope they don't associate this with him.

Well, then, everyone should be happy: there will be a recount, and RP is completely uninvolved.

Geronimo
01-10-2008, 06:30 PM
Here's the Chipin. It might be nice if the chip in meter could be stickied somewhere.

http://grannywarrior.chipin.com/recount

Mark Rushmore
01-10-2008, 06:31 PM
I really don't understand the value in asking the same people who you think intentionally altered the results, "So, uhh, one more time, what were the results?"

If paper ballots can be destroyed and electronic votes can be disappeared, what is the hope here?

electronicmaji
01-10-2008, 06:32 PM
albert howard is a black guy seems a little crazy though....but its agood idea that we support him and he do the call for a recount instead of the danger that could reflect on the campaign if ron paul did it.

werdd
01-10-2008, 06:33 PM
NICE, is albert some kind of fringe canidate????

itshappening
01-10-2008, 06:34 PM
wow, what's happening please? any further updates

migueld
01-10-2008, 06:35 PM
Will he ask for a recount or not?
The elections are being run by a convicted drug dealer:

On hackable Diebold machines...We are supporting him because he is supposed to be fighting corruption in government. The proof is clear, fraud went down in N.H.

He has been givien millions, his mandate from us all is to stand up for whats right. So if the recount cost a few K, so what?

We need to get the Diebold machines out of the elections or what will it matter?...if they can screw the vote to be whatever they want, he has zero hope of being elected.

There is no negativity in asking for a recount, if people say that..then why are we not worried about the fact the on the 4th, he filed paperwork for re-election in Texas?

Or all the MSM always calling him a long shot..kook..etc.. Recount the ballot and expose this fraud as the people that have donated millions demand. It may turn out to be the boost that the campaign needs if we can get the word out that the "fix is in"

Never had the term "wasting a vote" have as much meaning as being able to blow the scam wide open in N.H.....

If he does not ask for a recount then we have wasted our time and money because the fraud will continue in every state that has Diebold Machines.

Tomorrow, recount or I'm gone....because you will have failed the people that support the cause, fighting government abuse..shaking up the establishment...here is the chance, do the right thing Dr.Paul

skinzterpswizfan
01-10-2008, 06:36 PM
This is great, we get a recount and its not even Paul requesting it so he doesn't get coverage as the "nut that had no chance at winning yet still thought he needed a recount."

RP=RonPaul=RedPill
01-10-2008, 06:37 PM
taking one for the team. nice.

ItsTime
01-10-2008, 06:37 PM
It looks like they have enough?

It could cost as much as $12,000 to do the full recount

They have over 12k now.

Here's the Chipin. It might be nice if the chip in meter could be stickied somehwere.

Exarel
01-10-2008, 06:38 PM
nevermind..

ItsTime
01-10-2008, 06:39 PM
http://alberthoward.org/default.aspx

He also thinks an angel came to him and told him to run for president and Hillary would lose.

RonPaulwillWin
01-10-2008, 06:40 PM
hahahahah

hehe, oh noes!

Animalm0ther3
01-10-2008, 06:43 PM
Anyone know when we should find out the results?

damon04
01-10-2008, 06:43 PM
bump

Geronimo
01-10-2008, 06:51 PM
It looks like they have enough?

They have over 12k now.

The meter goes up to 65k.

Yesterday, I heard it would cost up to 67k.

Sematary
01-10-2008, 06:54 PM
Spreading this far and wide.

http://www.dailypaul.com/node/24235

I'm going to post this in the NH Primary forum as well

Is this the Albert Howard he's talking about?

RonPaulVolunteer
01-10-2008, 06:56 PM
I don't think this is about getting Ron Paul a higher percentage, this is simply about showing how flawed these machines are. If we can show these machines are even one single vote wrong, then they should be banned nationwide. Hand counting is not wrong if done correctly.

ItsTime
01-10-2008, 06:56 PM
+1

I don't think this is about getting Ron Paul a higher percentage, this is simply about showing how flawed these machines are. If we can show these machines are even one single vote wrong, then they should be banned nationwide. Hand counting is not wrong if done correctly.

Luther
01-10-2008, 06:57 PM

Right.

arbnranger
01-10-2008, 07:00 PM
They've been calling him fringe since the beginning. Some have started to use the term "fringe supporters " as well.
So in terms of risk, theres in none IMO. If the totals are wrong.....well...HUGE doesn't really describe it.

PatriotOne
01-10-2008, 07:02 PM
Here's the Chipin. It might be nice if the chip in meter could be stickied somewhere.

That chip in already has over $12,000.00 in it. According to the article, that's all that is needed for the recount. Though I am a little sceptical still zabout who thisalbert is and why he is qualified to head up a recount. Seems lke someone like Bev Harris shoul be involved. She knows ehat to look for, what questions to ask, etc and undoubtably knows a computor consultant to help.

Everyone should slow a bit down until we get a few more facts.

HillbillyDan
01-10-2008, 07:04 PM
Well played Dr. Paul. Well Played.

+10

PatriotOne
01-10-2008, 07:05 PM
I really don't understand the value in asking the same people who you think intentionally altered the results, "So, uhh, one more time, what were the results?"

If paper ballots can be destroyed and electronic votes can be disappeared, what is the hope here?

That's why I hope Bev Harris gets involved. She knows what to look for and the right questions to ask.

Finn
01-10-2008, 07:06 PM
That chip in already has over $12,000.00 in it. According to the article, that's all that is needed for the recount. Though I am a little sceptical still zabout who thisalbert is and why he is qualified to head up a recount. Seems lke someone like Bev Harris shoul be involved. She knows ehat to look for, what questions to ask, etc and undoubtably knows a computor consultant to help.

Everyone should slow a bit down until we get a few more facts.
Well I think we'll get more information on Alex Jones show tomorrow because he was the one paying thisalbert's trip today (I think). Bev was also on today, and yesterday too. Let's just wait and see.

garrettwombat
01-10-2008, 07:08 PM
no one will call him a fringe candidate because there was proven voter fraud which justifys a recount

jake
01-10-2008, 07:11 PM
this grassroots never settles. NEVER.

jake
01-10-2008, 07:13 PM
FYI this Albert fellow is a 9/11 truther. just a heads up :)

Stallion
01-10-2008, 07:16 PM
From the Detroit Free Press:

Ann Arbor man plans recount of N.H. Republican primary

January 10, 2008

BY TINA LAM

FREE PRESS STAFF WRITER

Albert Howard, would-be presidential contender from Ann Arbor, said today he has discussed a recount of the Republican vote in Tuesday’s primary in New Hampshire with the secretary of state’s office, and plans to fly to New Hampshire by the end of the day Friday to pay the required fee and start the recount.

Howard, one of 42 so-called minor candidates in the primary, received 44 votes in the primary, according to the official tally. But at one point during the night’s vote counting, Howard said his tally was over 170 votes, making him wonder what happened.

Advertisement
Howard said today that he discussed his recount request with William Gardner, the secretary of state. Howard must pay a $2,000 fee to start the recount process, but the costs could be much higher, he said. He must pay all the associated costs, which includes police who would go with the ballot counters to each county. “I’ve got backers who will pay the costs,” Howard said.

Gardner was not immediately available today. A secretary said Howard must pay the fee and make his formal request tomorrow by 5 p.m. to trigger the recount. The recount would be of every candidate on the Republican ballot, not just the votes cast for Howard, she said.

Howard, a chauffeur for Checker Sedan and father of eight, paid $1,000 to be on the New Hampshire ballot as a Republican presidential candidate. He is not on the ballot in any other states, most of which, like Michigan, require petitions signed by several thousand voters to get a candidate’s name on the ballot.

Finn
01-10-2008, 07:18 PM
Kucinich asks for New Hampshire recount in the interest of election integrity

DETROIT, MI – Democratic Presidential candidate Dennis Kucinich, the most outspoken advocate in the Presidential field and in Congress for election integrity, paper-ballot elections, and campaign finance reform, has sent a letter to the New Hampshire Secretary of State asking for a recount of Tuesday’s election because of “unexplained disparities between hand-counted ballots and machine-counted ballots.”

“I am not making this request in the expectation that a recount will significantly affect the number of votes that were cast on my behalf,” Kucinich stressed in a letter to Secretary of State William M. Gardner. But, “Serious and credible reports, allegations, and rumors have surfaced in the past few days…It is imperative that these questions be addressed in the interest of public confidence in the integrity of the election process and the election machinery – not just in New Hampshire, but in every other state that conducts a primary election.”

Also, the reports, allegations, and rumors regarding possible vote-count irregularities have been further fueled by the stunning disparities between various “independent” pre-election polls and the actual election results," Kucinich wrote. "The integrity, credibility, and value of independent polling are separate issues, but they appear to be relevant in the context of New Hampshire’s votes."

He added, “Ever since the 2000 election – and even before – the American people have been losing faith in the belief that their votes were actually counted. This recount isn’t about who won 39% of 36% or even 1%. It’s about establishing whether 100% of the voters had 100% of their votes counted exactly the way they cast them.”

Kucinich, who drew about 1.4% of the New Hampshire Democratic primary vote, wrote, “This is not about my candidacy or any other individual candidacy. It is about the integrity of the election process.” No other Democratic candidate, he noted, has stepped forward to question or pursue the claims being made.

“New Hampshire is in the unique position to address – and, if so determined, rectify – these issues before they escalate into a massive, nationwide suspicion of the process by which Americans elect their President. Based on the controversies surrounding the Presidential elections in 2004 and 2000, New Hampshire is in a prime position to investigate possible irregularities and to issue findings for the benefit of the entire nation,” Kucinich wrote in his letter.

“Without an official recount, the voters of New Hampshire and the rest of the nation will never know whether there are flaws in our electoral system that need to be identified and addressed at this relatively early point in the Presidential nominating process,” said Kucinich, who is campaigning in Michigan this week in advance of next Tuesday’s Presidential primary in that state.

Link (http://www.dennis4president.com/go/homepage-items/kucinich-asks-for-new-hampshire-recount-in-the-interest-of-election-integrity/)

gb13
01-10-2008, 07:19 PM

I agree, but I think it would be very easy for Ron to defend himself on this issue. Ron Paul isn't even the one requesting the recount; Albert Howard is.

Geronimo
01-10-2008, 07:25 PM
Is this the Albert Howard he's talking about?

No. The other Albert Howard who's running for president. :)

Paulbot_9876
01-10-2008, 07:27 PM
this could replace the voting machines with ballots......watch out neo cons.....we got your number.......

realitywiz
01-10-2008, 07:34 PM
I just hope the recount is done accurately!

Geronimo
01-10-2008, 07:54 PM
With two candidates asking for recounts I bet the powers that be are scrambling to get their act together.