PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Smeared on main picture front page

fxmercenary
01-10-2008, 06:08 PM
cnn.com

They just moved it up a notch to the main story.

Voluntaryist
01-10-2008, 06:12 PM
Sick fucks. They are deliberately throwing this hit piece around, even if they quote Ron in the article as saying that he didnt write them and repudiates them.

Chase
01-10-2008, 06:13 PM
Hey, I'm just glad the article includes RP's quote about the drug war.

Noog
01-10-2008, 06:14 PM
Big suprise. Of all the money bombs and other big news, this is the only news story involving RP that merits the top story.

RP 247
01-10-2008, 06:17 PM
ugh.

dmp78
01-10-2008, 06:18 PM
this could be very damaging, especially when it comes to the blue-pillers out there who may have started to come over to the light, but who weren't quite there yet. this could turn a lot of people off, especially those conditioned to let the tv do their thinking for them.

ronnie's going to have to be very very good tonight. it's going to be an onslaught, for sure. but if he comes out swinging like he did earlier, and if they give him a fair shot to speak, he'll get it done.

go get 'em RP! don't hold anything back!!

FrankRep
01-10-2008, 06:19 PM
The interview is also on CNN too.

YouTube: Ron Paul on CNN denouncing the Racist Letters.

1/10/2007

(1/2) http://youtube.com/watch?v=G7FwULXnM_E
(2/2) http://youtube.com/watch?v=AvzsiESqVss

VoluntaryMan
01-10-2008, 06:26 PM
Sick fucks. They are deliberately throwing this hit piece around, even if they quote Ron in the article as saying that he didnt write them and repudiates them.

Maybe they're trying to provoted Christine Wallace into bringing it up at the debate tonight. She is a tempermental wench. It might work.:D

blakjak
01-10-2008, 06:29 PM
We definitely do not want people to "Google Ron Paul" now.

This is the #1 result from News articles:
"Ron Paul newsletters from 1990s include rants against blacks, gays"

itshappening
01-10-2008, 06:30 PM
LOL yes... they should change the headline the stupid idiots

Hope
01-10-2008, 06:31 PM
As much as I hate that, I'm glad he's in the news. There's always the chance of new people seeing him and thinking, "Wow, who's that guy?" The people who would automatically believe any allegation of racism at the drop of a hat probably wouldn't be too keen on RP's message anyway...

VoluntaryMan
01-10-2008, 06:32 PM
We definitely do not want people to "Google Ron Paul" now.

This is the #1 result from News articles:
"Ron Paul newsletters from 1990s include rants against blacks, gays"

That slogan was only a good idea very early on. By the time the Blimp was launched, it was already a bad idea. Oh well.

liberty_Forever
01-10-2008, 06:32 PM
This means they are getting desperate. Lies are powerless against the truth.

Taco John
01-10-2008, 06:34 PM
All I know is that I have no idea what Jesse Benton gets paid for.

I've never been one to be critical of the campaign, but he's done nothing but mismanage this story.

grfgerger
01-10-2008, 06:35 PM
I love how this is the first time he's ever been the lead story on CNN... pathetic

itshappening
01-10-2008, 06:35 PM
amateurs TJ......... the lunatics have taken over the asylum

fedup100
01-10-2008, 06:43 PM
Can we get a will Smith endorsement pdq!!

danberkeley
01-10-2008, 06:44 PM
blimp

AdamT
01-10-2008, 06:45 PM
This is very bad. All people have to do is just see the headline and they have it instantly imprinted in their brains it's true. And will they even bother to read the article of him explaining he never said that crap?

constituent
01-10-2008, 06:47 PM
bite your lip, tuck your chin....

movin' on

derdy
01-10-2008, 06:48 PM
This is very bad. All people have to do is just see the headline and they have it instantly imprinted in their brains it's true. And will they even bother to read the article of him explaining he never said that crap?

Exactly.

No corporate media attempt to ignore, smear, and marginalize Ron Paul :rolleyes:

Move along

Rintrah54
01-10-2008, 06:53 PM
Jesus man, Ron Paul has gotta slow down here.

VoluntaryMan
01-10-2008, 06:54 PM
All I know is that I have no idea what Jesse Benton gets paid for.

I've never been one to be critical of the campaign, but he's done nothing but mismanage this story.

Jesse was right, to an extent: as long as Dr. Paul responded to print articles with limited print press releases, the story was contained. In that sense, the response was appropriate. His failure was in not taking a more ballsy, in your face, outside the box approach, and getting ahead of the story. The timing of this was always predictable; I knew when it would go mainstream, from the second I 1st heard about it. He just needed to adopt a more in-it-to-win-it mentality, instead of just waiting to see what happens. The way Dr. Paul is responding to this now is dead-on. Unless the author steps forward on his own, we aren't getting any more than this.

phixion
01-10-2008, 07:00 PM
Can we get a will Smith endorsement pdq!!

No, because Will Smith supports Obama. I read an interview with Will Smith here in the UK and he said Barack Obama would win and he supported him. He then went on to say he himself will also be president one day.

It would seem MLK's words fell on deaf ears with Will Smith as he not only judges people on the color of their skin, but votes by it.

Pete

Flirple
01-10-2008, 07:06 PM
No, because Will Smith supports Obama. I read an interview with Will Smith here in the UK and he said Barack Obama would win and he supported him. He then went on to say he himself will also be president one day.

It would seem MLK's words fell on deaf ears with Will Smith as he not only judges people on the color of their skin, but votes by it.

Pete

Just because the story is about a topic we don't like doesn't mean that it is a smear. It is an honest story.

blakjak
01-10-2008, 07:10 PM
Just because the story is about a topic we don't like doesn't mean that it is a smear. It is an honest story.

Reluctanly, I'll have to agree. :( If a similar story came out about another candidate. we'd certainly want it in the press as well.

adamo
01-10-2008, 07:15 PM
the only problem is all to often people read headlines and that and skim stories. I just saw the interview with Ron Paul on cnn and thought he did a great job of putting it into perspective. Dr. Paul is derailed with this but I think he has a chance to turn it around and work for him.
On a up note I called my dad to show him this and in the background i hear my uncle (unrelated to the article) yelling "where can i get a damn ron paul lawn sign"

gagnonstudio
01-10-2008, 07:17 PM
I think they waited to release this story before the two coming open primaries. South Carolina, and Michigan. Both open primaries, where Ron Paul could pick up some significant cross over vote. In order to squash that, they release the "racism" article, because they know "liberals" won't vote for a racist.

That's just my guess at the timing of this story.

RoamZero
01-10-2008, 07:21 PM
Something tells me this was all planned in advanced. Imagine the kind of attention this would be getting if Paul got 1st or 2nd in NH. You could almost predict it.

MsDoodahs
01-10-2008, 07:23 PM
Look for Hillary to be quietly using hidden operatives to fan the flames of racism against Obama in SC. By putting attention of race baiters on Dr. Paul now, they hope to keep what her campaign is doing on the down low.

VoluntaryMan
01-10-2008, 07:30 PM
Reluctanly, I'll have to agree. :( If a similar story came out about another candidate. we'd certainly want it in the press as well.

I'm not so sure. It would depend. For example, there is plenty of evidence of character flaws and official corruption surrounding sHmUCKABEE. However, if the worst story about him was that a church secretary had made some racially inflamatory remarks in a church bullletin, when he was pastor. I think I'd me embarrassed for the journalists who reported it. Hey, if Mike didn't write it, what do want him to do now? Hang the secretary out to dry? 15 years after the fact? All I'd be concerned about was whether he himself was a racist, end of story.