PDA

View Full Version : Haters

BillyDkid
07-23-2007, 11:10 AM
Those of us who like Ron Paul REALLY like him - enough to send him our doe and to post on forums and put up signs and tell people about him. What I don't understand is the relatively small contingent of people out there who utterly despise him. I can understand disagreeing with his politicals, but flat out hating him? I just don't get it. What is there to hate. It seems to me that even if you disagree you can't help but like and admire the man. I can only think they hate him because so many of us love him.

Razmear
07-23-2007, 11:14 AM
Some folks think politics is a sport, so they hate Ron the same way a Red Sox fan hates the Yankees, because they are hypnotized by Mitt's hair or Rudy's charm.

DeadheadForPaul
07-23-2007, 11:15 AM
Some folks think politics is a sport, so they hate Ron the same way a Red Sox fan hates the Yankees, because they are hypnotized by Mitt's hair or Rudy's charm.

Or Hillary's condescending stare

NCGOPer_for_Paul
07-23-2007, 11:17 AM
Fear.

I think the simple answer is fear.

Why did LBJ lie about Barry Goldwater and the "mainstream" Republican party fail to fight back?

Why did the northeastern liberals in the GOP fail to back Reagan?

Paulitician
07-23-2007, 11:18 AM
Rudy has charm? :eek:

Well, to answer the question, I don't know that people actually hate him. However, I've seen many people who'd discredit him merely for some of "truther" or conspiracy theorist supporters. That's really not good for his or our image. Overall I think it's nonsensical though. They hate him just to hate him. I've done such myself before, but with other people or things.

hells_unicorn
07-23-2007, 11:19 AM
All hate stems from fear, all fear stems from ignorance, follow that model and you'll understand Ron Paul haters a bit better.

OceanMachine7
07-23-2007, 11:23 AM

Yup. A candidacy actually based on in-depth issues is infuriating to people who discuss the presidential campaign in the same way they would talk about a fantasy football draft, and whose primary mode of conversation is that elusive "electability". Ron Paul ruins all this armchair-quarterbacking by people who pretend to know how the issues but in reality have no clue.

AcidReign
07-23-2007, 11:25 AM
They hate us because we're free.

BornOnEarthDay
07-23-2007, 11:25 AM
I was invited to join "Ron Paul Supporters Suck" on myspacfe by rudy 08 and McCain 08. sent them both FU's of course

Razmear
07-23-2007, 11:26 AM

lol, welcome to the forums.

eb

glts
07-23-2007, 11:27 AM
The people that hate Ron Paul have bought into the mainstream media propaganda. We are dealing with people that think if Hannity hates Ron Paul then they should too. In essence they have been brainwashed. The mainstream media outlets are all controlled. The people they hire, left and right alike, are there not to just report the news they are there to persuade the public in what to believe. The pundits are there to create two boxes for us, a left and a right. Whether it is Hannity or Olbermann it doesn't matter. While they may say a few things that are right on the money (they have to else they would loose their following) their jobs are to keep everyone in the two controlled boxes. If you think anything outside of the boxes, that they have created for you, then you must be an extremist, fringe, nut, etc. The advantage for the shadow government to have the two “boxes” is to make people think that it is republicans against democrats. One party gets in and they say, “Oh look what those democrats/republicans have done to the country. It makes people loose the real enemy and focus on a particular party. When all this fighting between parties is going on the American people don’t see Oz, the man (shadow government) behind the curtain.

AZ Libertarian
07-23-2007, 11:42 AM
I have also seen the phenomenon where a clueless family member close-mindedly espouses the beliefs of the Patriarch or Matriarch of the family - to the exclusion of all the facts or common sense, without a break in stride to think about anything.

ButchHowdy
07-23-2007, 12:13 PM

That's an extraordinary statement!

Folks, you better believe Ron Paul has enemies - anyone beholden to the Mystery Babylonian system - from the janitor at the IRS to Black Pope.

jasonhlasvegas
07-23-2007, 12:17 PM
It is the neocons that hate him. Ron Paul has exposed them for the frauds they are. And it is finally making it into the national consciousness

allyinoh
07-23-2007, 12:43 PM
The people that hate Ron Paul have bought into the mainstream media propaganda. We are dealing with people that think if Hannity hates Ron Paul then they should too. In essence they have been brainwashed. The mainstream media outlets are all controlled. The people they hire, left and right alike, are there not to just report the news they are there to persuade the public in what to believe. The pundits are there to create two boxes for us, a left and a right. Whether it is Hannity or Olbermann it doesn't matter. While they may say a few things that are right on the money (they have to else they would loose their following) their jobs are to keep everyone in the two controlled boxes. If you think anything outside of the boxes, that they have created for you, then you must be an extremist, fringe, nut, etc. The advantage for the shadow government to have the two “boxes” is to make people think that it is republicans against democrats. One party gets in and they say, “Oh look what those democrats/republicans have done to the country. It makes people loose the real enemy and focus on a particular party. When all this fighting between parties is going on the American people don’t see Oz, the man (shadow government) behind the curtain.

Well said! It's sad how people think only in left vs right or vice versa instead of right and wrong.

DeadheadForPaul
07-23-2007, 12:57 PM

:cool: Welcome aboard

AcidReign
07-23-2007, 12:59 PM
Thanks. Feels like home.

RP08
07-23-2007, 01:10 PM
They hate us because we're "over there".

(just kidding)

At a little rally we had last saturday we only had one negative comment from a passing motorist who yelled "F*** Ron Paul!". Nobody could understand why, but I have a guess on that particular one.

Otherwise, there were a lot of people honking and waving, including a big city bus.

There are certainly MANY more ignorant / uninformed people than "haters" which actually gives me hope. We can do this.

blitzwing167
07-23-2007, 01:55 PM
The only haters I've seen are online, and those had decided that Dr. Paul is a theocrat, a racist, and/or doesn't understand a "modern economy". I always wondered where someone would get the idea that he's racist, and I found it today in this article:

http://www.reason.com/news/show/120387.html

In person, however, I have only met Ron Paul supporters and people who have never heard of him.

inibo
07-23-2007, 01:57 PM
He he he

OceanMachine7
07-23-2007, 03:07 PM

TAKE IT BACK!11!!!!11

Roxi
07-23-2007, 03:25 PM
The only haters I've seen are online, and those had decided that Dr. Paul is a theocrat, a racist, and/or doesn't understand a "modern economy". I always wondered where someone would get the idea that he's racist, and I found it today in this article:

http://www.reason.com/news/show/120387.html

In person, however, I have only met Ron Paul supporters and people who have never heard of him.

this is 2 months old, we can see it has gotten to the dirt digging stage and they can't actually find any