PDA

View Full Version : Reporter wants to talk to me about Spam Spartanburg

Razmear
07-23-2007, 10:07 AM
Just got an email to call them asap for local newspaper, but not local phone number, 919 area code.

Any last second advice while I prep myself?

eb

BIG_J
07-23-2007, 10:09 AM
:) have fun don't get to teary eyed:)

torchbearer
07-23-2007, 10:15 AM
Just shoot from the heart... let the passion for ron paul come through

Razmear
07-23-2007, 10:16 AM
got voice mail, will let you know how it turns out when she calls back.
thanks,
eb

beermotor
07-23-2007, 10:17 AM
hey! direct them to me too! :)

Yeah just be honest and you won't go wrong. We wanted to do some good, and we did it.

DeadheadForPaul
07-23-2007, 10:17 AM
Stress that Ron Paul supporters want to contribute to towns that they visit by benefitting the local economy/businesses and by helping out with volunteer efforts. Just like Dr. Paul, we are normal Americans. This is not the campaign of a career politician. This is the campaign of the American people

Razmear
07-23-2007, 10:21 AM
hey! direct them to me too! :)

Yeah just be honest and you won't go wrong. We wanted to do some good, and we did it.

sent pm to get contact info.

eb

AgentPaul001
07-23-2007, 11:29 AM

spiteface
07-23-2007, 11:29 AM
nm

Razmear
07-23-2007, 11:47 AM
Just got off the phone, gave her your contact info Bret, so expect a call.

eb

Dustancostine
07-23-2007, 11:54 AM
Just got off the phone, gave her your contact info Bret, so expect a call.

eb

Did she ask you to send her pictures?

Razmear
07-23-2007, 11:59 AM
she has the link to them, and was given the link to my "Day In A Rant" post by someone else as well.

eb

ladyjade3
07-23-2007, 11:59 AM
Just got an email to call them asap for local newspaper, but not local phone number, 919 area code.

Any last second advice while I prep myself?

eb

Yes, 919 is my area. You could tell them one of their locals was there and my video is here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3oyHij5Wpw at about the 5 minute mark. :) That's pretty cool!!!!

Razmear
07-23-2007, 12:12 PM
Sweet, thanks for the video, it even has the missing audio from Spartanburg parts 1-10 that were posted earlier.

eb

Jennifer Reynolds
07-23-2007, 01:13 PM
///

specialkornflake
07-23-2007, 01:33 PM
You probably already know this, but this is the advice that the national campaign gives:

The national campaign asked in the conference call video to Meetup leaders and others that contacts with the media should be kept on a personal level and be about local activity. They said to stay away from policy issues/discussions as much as possible and show enthusiasm. This helps ensure we aren’t putting words into Ron Paul’s mouth and get his message misconstrued.
The conference call can be viewed here; I’m not sure where this specific issue is addressed.
http://www.justin.tv/ronpaul

Of course, do what you need to do!

Razmear
07-23-2007, 02:53 PM
she just called back to confirm the spelling of my name, and it should be in tomorrows Spartanburg Herald Journal.

eb

beermotor
07-23-2007, 03:05 PM
Boo, she never called me, SAD PANDA.
Oh well, I'm sure you did a fine job. *sniff*

Cindy
07-23-2007, 03:22 PM
EXCELLENT!!!!!

Press like this is priceless. Good news that touches the heart asscociated with RP and his supporters is what we need, especially when it comes from Reporters, who the sleeping public beleives are always objective.

If we get the Good Will Campaign Trail movement, growing large and loud, it will become increasingly difficult for people to attack RP and his supporters.

Who picks on Mother Theresa? It's like putting up an invisable defence shield around his campaign.

People who rip on people who help children in need are seen as being one of the the lowest forms of scum on the earth.

I think that the VP of the Spartenburg GOP being stoked about it and asking for our help with the boys clubs is HUGE.

Local newspapers love this sort of community news reporting.

This movement can be a huge and easy table turner around the nation.

Does anyone know how Rachel is coming along with youtube video on it?

For future rallys where supporters have more time to organize, they can call all of the local community papers, asking if they will print a short notice about a food drive being held at the rally, for such and such shelter, and if anyone going would like to bring something to help the children and support the Ron Paul Good Will Campaign Trail.

He'll get FREE pre rally press in a separate article, and of course, those reporters will want to do the follow up which is more free positive press for Paul, after the rally.

If an average of 500-1,000 people come to his rallies, imagine the load if everyone brought just a couple of items. It's easy.

Personally, it felt good for me to send money for food and spread the word to other meetups and I can't wait to organize one In Tampa in Sept. The political scene can feel so dank and negative in general with so much dirty play. Adding this dimension to our efforts, is like a sanctuary of something pure, clean and good resulting from out, of the over all effort, to get Paul positive name recognition, and enspired enthusiatic supporters of his message.

Spread the idea to your meetups and get them warming on the idea, so they are ready to roll when an RP rally comes to their town!:cool:

Razmear
07-23-2007, 03:26 PM
Rachel's video is at:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3oyHij5Wpw
I show up around 4:45 into the vid.

eb

Cindy
07-23-2007, 03:43 PM
I just figured out that ladyjade is Rachel. lol

Rachel, I just sent you a message at your you tube account asking if you can make just a short vid, covering the food drive alone. The rest is in the message. Thanks for grabbing that link for me Raz!:)

inibo
07-23-2007, 07:00 PM
If any cares I got a couple of good screen shots from the Spartanburg SPAM campaign. Actually I'd call them money shots.

http://isilion.blogsome.com/2007/07/23/ron-paul-spammers-spam-local-charity-with-a-wall-of-food/

Rachel is a goddess, by the way.

Oh, and Razmear is Lord King Boofoo Himself.

beermotor
07-24-2007, 04:37 AM
The article is out on google news search now; looks good. :)

cac1963
07-24-2007, 05:22 AM
The article is out on google news search now; looks good. :)

Just did a google news search for "spartanburg ron paul" and saw this one a little further down the list, but its link gives an invalid code error:

GOP's focus back on Upstate (http://www.goupstate.com/article/20070718/NEWS/707180324/-1/LIFE)
Spartanburg Herald Journal (subscription), SC - Jul 18, 2007
"People will come to realize that 90 percent of Ron Paul's platform is very much a conventional GOP platform. It's that other 10 percent that seems to be ...

Did anybody happen to see this article while it was live?

Razmear
07-24-2007, 05:24 AM
Sorry, mis read your request. that article is still online here:

http://www.goupstate.com/article/20070718/NEWS/707180315/-1/NEWS100

GOP's focus back on Upstate

By JASON SPENCER, jason.spencer@shj.com
Published July 18, 2007