PDA

View Full Version : Campaign & Marketing

Dutchie
01-10-2008, 04:00 PM
Campaigning, from what I see, is really marketing. I agree that Paul's message is best left transparent, where you can look at the facts, and make up your own opinion, but different people use different kinds of language.

For example, when RP gets going into the Fed and printing money, a simple metaphor about supply and demand would work much better than getting into so much complicated detail. Simple language and simple metaphors, so everyone can understand.

Let the facts speak for themselves. People have trouble believing RP, so let others and the facts do the talking. There are plenty of examples of the government doing badly, like FEMA. I saw an article the other day that said they routinely test airport security with fake bombs, and guns in luggage. Airport security catches about 50% except in San Francisco where they catch 90%, and use a private security firm as opposed to government workers at the other airports. Let examples speak Paul's message, to the general public, it will be much more believable. Plenty of experts agree with Paul.

I think it is apparent to most that Paul's marketing is quite weak. This could easily change. I wouldn't even mind spending some big money on somebody like James Carville. Think of the challenge that bringing RP to the forefront would be.

I have watched most videos of Ron Paul and he explains everything very well at once, but then in other videos doesn't use the same simple language. I find myself often thinking, I know what Paul means, but I don't think newbies to his ideas do.

I dislike politics and marketing as much as everyone here, and that is probably one of the reasons why I am drawn to Paul, because he lets the ideas do the talking. I just think he could communicate those ideas in a much more easy to understand kind of way which would draw a lot more voters to him.

Let me know what you think.

Dave Wood
01-10-2008, 04:11 PM
Campaigning, from what I see, is really marketing. I agree that Paul's message is best left transparent, where you can look at the facts, and make up your own opinion, but different people use different kinds of language.

For example, when RP gets going into the Fed and printing money, a simple metaphor about supply and demand would work much better than getting into so much complicated detail. Simple language and simple metaphors, so everyone can understand.

Let the facts speak for themselves. People have trouble believing RP, so let others and the facts do the talking. There are plenty of examples of the government doing badly, like FEMA. I saw an article the other day that said they routinely test airport security with fake bombs, and guns in luggage. Airport security catches about 50% except in San Francisco where they catch 90%, and use a private security firm as opposed to government workers at the other airports. Let examples speak Paul's message, to the general public, it will be much more believable. Plenty of experts agree with Paul.

I think it is apparent to most that Paul's marketing is quite weak. This could easily change. I wouldn't even mind spending some big money on somebody like James Carville. Think of the challenge that bringing RP to the forefront would be.

I have watched most videos of Ron Paul and he explains everything very well at once, but then in other videos doesn't use the same simple language. I find myself often thinking, I know what Paul means, but I don't think newbies to his ideas do.

I dislike politics and marketing as much as everyone here, and that is probably one of the reasons why I am drawn to Paul, because he lets the ideas do the talking. I just think he could communicate those ideas in a much more easy to understand kind of way which would draw a lot more voters to him.

Let me know what you think.

Welcome Dutchie! I agree 100% Keep it simple and plain. I wish he would hire Carville and Matalin, husband and wife. One of them takes on the dems and the other one takes on the reps:D The upside is the economy is starting to get press and Paul will start to look like someone who needs a second look from voters.