PDA

View Full Version : How much money DOES the campaign have ?

wohoo
01-10-2008, 03:49 PM
I read all these posts that the campaign didn't spend that much in IO and NH but does anyone know how much $$ the campaign actually has on hand ?

austin356
01-10-2008, 03:49 PM
reports not out yet

it is 10 < x < 20 million

jasonuher
01-10-2008, 03:51 PM
When are the FEC reports due?

I'm interested to see how everyone else did.

Galileo Galilei
01-10-2008, 03:58 PM
When are the FEC reports due?

I'm interested to see how everyone else did.

due January 31.

RP had $5.4 million coming into October, plus $19.5 million raised in 4Q, plus anothe $700,000 this month. That's $25.6 million.

He spent $2 million on TV ads, probably $2 million of radio and $2 million on direct mail, and $2 million on expenses.

So he probably has about $17 million.

This is most likely more than all the other GOP candidates combined.

He should be able to start getting consistent 3rd or 4th just by outspending the others on radio/TV.

dante
01-10-2008, 03:58 PM
I would bet they have about 20 million stashed up for this month

coboman
01-10-2008, 04:03 PM
He should be able to start getting consistent 3rd or 4th just by outspending the others on radio/TV.
LOL. You cannot really believe that.

Romney has outspent everyone and he hasn't gotten a first place. He lost against Huckabee that has spent hardly any money.

McCain, who won first in NH, was flat broke when his numbers starting to come up.

More money is not the key, or Romney would already be the Republican Candidate.

dante
01-10-2008, 04:10 PM
LOL. You cannot really believe that.

Romney has outspent everyone and he hasn't gotten a first place. He lost against Huckabee that has spent hardly any money.

McCain, who won first in NH, was flat broke when his numbers starting to come up.

More money is not the key, or Romney would already be the Republican Candidate.

Money is the key in the later states where turnout is much lower. In the first couple states anything goes and everyone blows their cash