PDA

View Full Version : Straight from Greenspans mouth. It's the economy stupid! Spread this message.

JohnMatthews
01-10-2008, 03:40 PM
To quote Alan Greenspan from his new book, The Age of Turbulence on page 255:

"Historically, societies that seek high levels of instant gratification and are willing to borrow against future incomes to achieve it have more often than not suffered inflation and stagnation. The economies of such societies tend to run larger government budget deficits financed with fiat money from a printing press. Eventually, the ensuing inflation leads to recession, or worse, often because central banks are forced to clamp down. Then the process starts all over again. Many countries in Latin America have been particularly prone to this "populist" malady, as I discuss in chapter 17. I regret that the United States may not be wholly immune to it."

I think this is Fed Speak for "We are screwed.". We are about to enter a period of stagflation unlike anything any of us have seen in our lifetimes.

What was wrong with Bush's economic policy:
Lowering taxes while simultaneously increasing domestic spending and engaging in a $1 trillion dollar war. This is why we are in trouble.

What do the "change" candidates propose:
Republican - Keep lower taxes, keep domestic spending levels, fight more war.
Democrat - Increase taxes, increase domestic spending, continue fighting war.

Dr. Paul is the only candidate who has a realistic economic policy:
Lower taxes, reduce domestic spending, stop fighting wars.

I encourage people to spend more time talking about Dr. Paul's opinions on the issues and less time obsessing about the constitution. While canvassing in Manchester, NH, people would ask: why do you support Ron Paul? When we reply with something along the lines of "because he will restore the constitution", that does very little to make a positive impression on the average uninformed citizen. Talk about the economy. Talk about ending the war. Be specific and address the issues. It's the economy stupid! This is where Dr. Paul is strongest.

pacelli
01-10-2008, 03:43 PM
That's a very surprising find, thank you very much for posting it! I was debating whether I should get the book, I'll have to check it out.

JohnMatthews
01-10-2008, 07:11 PM
bump