PDA

View Full Version : Targeting Richardson supporters?

JustAnotherV
01-10-2008, 03:39 PM
If such a thing is possible, I think some of them would convert to RP. Richardson was the last Dem candidate to be culled (it's unfortunate but the media already culled Kucinich and Gravel) who was for getting out of Iraq -fast- not just "some day." He also had some economic tilt that made him a bit more in our direction, as well as just being a bit more candid as a person and attracting like to his campaign. Oddly enough he and Ron also seemed to hit it off talking to each other quickly last week in NH.

At least some of his supporters should be RP friendly. It could give us a boost in open primary states.

DeepBlu
01-10-2008, 03:41 PM
I supported him before Dr. Paul. There's a lot in common there in terms of foreign policy, and he's fairly moderate economically.

SWATH
01-10-2008, 03:43 PM
He is the most pro-gun Dem.

freelance
01-10-2008, 03:55 PM
If someone stuck a gun to my head and told me that I had to vote Dem to save my life, it would be for Richardson. Still, he's (I believe) CFR and former Clinton admin.

Velastor2
01-10-2008, 03:56 PM
They have very different immigrantion policies I believe.

Johncjackson
01-10-2008, 04:29 PM
They have very different immigrantion policies I believe.

So do a lot of Ron Paul supporters.

Laja
01-10-2008, 04:38 PM
Does anyone know of Richardson's platforms--in a nutshell?

jgmaynard
01-10-2008, 04:48 PM
My GF really liked Richardson before I converted her to Ron - I checked out his website, he had some stuff going for him.

JM

SovereignMN
01-10-2008, 04:52 PM
You guys are free to try but I think it's a wasted effort. I'd be willing to bet 99% of them are already in the Obama or Klinton camp. You'd have better efforts convincing the politically apathetic and undecided.

jgmaynard
01-10-2008, 04:56 PM
You guys are free to try but I think it's a wasted effort. I'd be willing to bet 99% of them are already in the Obama or Klinton camp.

Then their 2013 comments may be the best recruitment tool?

The good news is that their guy had 5% in a narrowed-down field. Our man is averaging 9% in a topsy-turvy primary with no clear frontrunner, so at least we don't have to worry about the "he can't win" argument. :)

JM

Velastor2
01-10-2008, 04:59 PM
But his 5% was a lot of people due to the huge turn out on the Democratic side. He got 13k votes in NH. IF they could be converted to Ron Paul it would be great, but a lot of the deadlines have pasted by us for them to switch to Republican in the closed states.

thexjib
01-10-2008, 05:02 PM
Richardson was endorsed by the democratic freedom cacus, which is basicly the "libertarian" wing of the Dem party. Richardson and Dr. Paul were very close on foreign policy.