PDA

View Full Version : idea : myspace

JosephTheLibertarian
07-23-2007, 08:33 AM
How about we *target* friends of other candidates? We KNOW that they're politically active by being their friend, but maybe they don't know of Dr. Paul? Maybe a great chance for some converts?? :cool:

JPFromTally
07-23-2007, 08:34 AM
I wouldn't like a Brownback supporter spamming me on MySpace so I'm not going to do it to them.

Brad Zink
07-23-2007, 08:39 AM
You might want to focus on posting on Republican forums. I've posted as to why I support Dr. Paul, and why he is the strongest candidate against Hillary.

JosephTheLibertarian
07-23-2007, 08:43 AM
I wouldn't like a Brownback supporter spamming me on MySpace so I'm not going to do it to them.

heh no. Not spam.. test the alleged supporter, ask him/her "so why do you like this guy? ever heard of Ron Paul?" if they're a hard supporter, just move onto someone else. You can also create scripts based on a few conversations..

orenbus
07-23-2007, 09:55 AM
what about doing searches on myspace for people in IOWA and contacting people that way to vote in the straw pole for Ron Paul?

JosephTheLibertarian
07-23-2007, 10:29 AM
i do it all the time to oabama supporters some are like oh..... cool. others get real defensive, one guy called me a racist for not supporting obama.

a racist for not supporting Obama? lol the pc police sure do get creative, eh?

JosephTheLibertarian
07-23-2007, 10:34 AM
lol i told them im muslim, and there like well oh... then they yelled at me for supporting the rich old white man :/

Dr. Paul isn't rich and Obama is not a muslim LOL I think that guy you spoke with may be the racist.

Bloody Holly
07-23-2007, 10:41 AM
lol i told them im muslim, and there like well oh... then they yelled at me for supporting the rich old white man :/

I hear that alot too, the phrase rich old white man. It just goes to show you that those people are voting based on image and not what the person represents. I wonder if people know what racism is anymore because as much as I hear people throw that term around mostly towards people that ARENT racist, I wonder how they would handle a really racist person.

BornOnEarthDay
07-23-2007, 11:29 AM
this is a good idea. I friend requested every single New Hampshire young democrat. keep posting the info banners on Paul. don't just focus on (R) . Targeting Iowa by search or "Iowa young republicans" or something is important to focus on leaders right now

allyinoh
07-23-2007, 12:20 PM
I think this is a good idea.

What I do is request to add people, or just accept people who request to add me. Every day, if I log on and see something really interesting regarding Ron Paul and the campaign, I will post a bulletin so that all my friends can see it.

I don't ask them about it directly, I just do the bulletins, and every so often I will comment on their page with a link to something Ron Paul.

I have had so many people message me and say, "Thanks for posting that, it was awesome." or something to that effect. These are people who don't follow politics, or support other candidates (for now anyway!).

I don't really go out like a lion on the prowl, I just put the info for people to discover themselves.

BornOnEarthDay
07-23-2007, 12:28 PM
Lions are needed as well

Lord Xar
07-23-2007, 12:43 PM
I still think this is a good idea, if not just to say "check out this other candidate..."

BUT PLEASE, DO NOT MENTION YOUR OPEN BORDERS FEELINGS!!! Remember, this is about Ron Paul and HIS beliefs... that open borders policy is a vote killer, trust me.