PDA

View Full Version : Bill Richardson drops out - offers no endorsement

Sey.Naci
01-10-2008, 03:03 PM
From Reuters (http://www.reuters.com/article/bondsNews/idUSN1021791520080110):

WASHINGTON, Jan 10 (Reuters) - New Mexico Gov. Bill Richardson said on Thursday he was dropping his bid for the Democratic U.S. presidential nomination after a poor showing in the early contests.

"It is with great pride, understanding and acceptance that I am ending my campaign for president of the United States," he told supporters in Santa Fe, New Mexico.

"It's been an exhilarating and humbling year. An experience I will treasure and I will never forget."

Richardson, 60, who would have been the first Hispanic U.S. president if elected, won only 5 percent of the Democratic vote in Tuesday's New Hampshire primary, behind Sens. Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama and former North Carolina Sen. John Edwards.

Richardson grabbed only 2 percent of the vote in last week's Iowa caucuses, which kicked off the state-by-state process of selecting Democratic and Republican candidates for the presidential election in November to succeed President George W. Bush...

In other reports, he is said not to be offering an endorsement for another candidate.