PDA

View Full Version : I don't see anything wrong with a "Islamic Caliphate"

Starks
01-10-2008, 02:17 PM
If Country X has a huge Muslim population that wishes to implement Sharia law through that country's political process (democratic or otherwise), would you be okay with that?

WilliamC
01-10-2008, 02:23 PM
All peaceful people should be allowed to live freely.

Starks
01-10-2008, 02:28 PM
All peaceful people should be allowed to live freely.

But if Sharia is peacefully implemented, certain freedoms are still lost.

CountryRoads
01-10-2008, 02:31 PM
If it's peaceful, yes.

murrayrothbard
01-10-2008, 02:38 PM
There is no such thing as peaceful political process.

SovereignMN
01-10-2008, 02:45 PM
Define "being okay" with it?

If I was living in said country I would fight it tooth and nail.
Being outside that country I still don't like it but I don't think it is my business to get involved.

LinearChaos
01-10-2008, 02:46 PM
Who cares?

I think the more appropriate question is, would you support intervention if a country did implement Sharia Law? If yes, then why? What business is it of ours?

the whole point of non-intervention is to not intervene with the internal affairs of other nations

How is a piss ant country in the middle east under Sharia Law more dangerous than Communist China or old commie Russia? Does Sharia Law automatically assume radicalization?

Sergeant Brother
01-10-2008, 03:00 PM
I am entitled to my opinion and I hate the idea of Sharia law. Then again, if it happens within some country in the Middle East then it really isn't my business. I can have what ever opinion of it that I want but ultimately its none of my business as long as the only people oppressed are those living within the country in question.

Dr.3D
01-10-2008, 03:30 PM
Non intervention is what it says. We don't get involved in another countries affairs.
If they vote to have a certain kind of law then so be it. I just hope when they vote they are fair about the process, unlike the way things are done here.

smartguy911
01-10-2008, 03:32 PM
let them decide. If they don't like what's going on in their country, they can stand up and fight for it.

I see nothing wrong with Malaysia or even India with millions of Muslims.

CelestialRender
01-10-2008, 04:12 PM
Self-determination of peoples.

Even if it's a bloody dictatorship.

The locals will find their Ghandi, their Washington, in their own time. We cannot impose freedom, democracy, or markets on them. Just let them come about in time.

We need to work on improving America, and let them work on improving themselves.

H Roark
01-10-2008, 05:54 PM
Define "being okay" with it?

If I was living in said country I would fight it tooth and nail.
Being outside that country I still don't like it but I don't think it is my business to get involved.

+1

Dieseler
01-10-2008, 05:59 PM
I don't give a damn what they do.
I just want my country back.

Liberty Star
01-10-2008, 06:02 PM
It's especially bad when we help put a government like that in power, offending moderate in those countries:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZj0nsj2DyE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbPhTnQcNu0&feature=related

ChooseLiberty
01-10-2008, 06:25 PM
People in the US spend all their time in fear of some vague threat that will never happen here while their rights are slowly stripped.

How about getting Habeus Corpus back in the USA?