PDA

View Full Version : Saturday night in Morgantown

mdh
07-23-2007, 05:29 AM
So my buddy Colin and I went out in downtown Morgantown on Saturday night. Here's what we found, statistics-wise.

About 30% of people know who Ron Paul is.
About 25% of people like him a lot.
About 90% of people are mad as hell at our government and said they'd visit the websites we pointed them to to learn more.
One exceptionally drunk man who was actually quite educated about libertarian ideals.
One /b/tard for Ron Paul. I shit you not.
One bar owner is thinking of running for city council, and was exceptionally cool to us.
One cute blonde chick gave Colin her number after I got them talking.

Basically we got really drunk and went from bar to bar just saying "WHO IS RON PAUL?" to everyone, and then talking to anyone who would talk to us. We met a couple of Obama kids, a couple of Bush lovers, and a few folks who really loved Ron Paul. What we didn't find? Anybody who liked Hillary or any of the other Republican candidates (well, maybe the Bush dweebs liked Giuliani? Dunno...) But in the end, a lot of folks expressed angst and disgust with the state of our country, and agreed to look up more information about Ron Paul. A number of older folks said they don't have internet access at home, and a few homeless folks don't have, y'know, home. So we're thinking of taking some Ron Paul literature, AFTF movie+DVD player+TV, and maybe some other movies somewhere locally to educate people like that pretty soon.

Oh, and it was a lot of fun. If you're not doing stuff like this in your town, you should be.

Spirit of '76
07-23-2007, 06:10 AM
Ha! Sorry I missed it. :)

mdh
07-23-2007, 06:23 AM
We'll definitly do it again.

RPatTheBeach
07-23-2007, 06:25 AM
Sounds cool. But how many of them will remember talking to you, let alone the website? :)

pyrazole
07-23-2007, 07:11 AM
Convince them to get an RP tatoo, of course.

Lesgov
07-23-2007, 07:22 AM
Good deal MDL,
Just shows that there are many different ways to get the word out. So many people, so little time.

theblatanttruth
07-23-2007, 08:12 AM
From my experience, people living in WV are really receptive of Ron Paul. If they just had him on some type of state-wide program I'm sure the majority of mountaineers would be behind him.

GO WVU AND RON PAUL :D