PDA

View Full Version : Albert Howard (local NH candidate) calling for recount, accepting donations

literatim
01-10-2008, 01:19 PM
RECOUNT ANNOUNCED

By helmsly | January 10, 2008

Just received this reply from Albert Howard,

Dear Sir,

We are going to call for a recount. Donations are now being accepted at our website for this cause. We believe the whole election was rigged.
Thank you for your support.

Albert Howard

Dear Sir,

We are going to call for a recount. Donations are now being accepted at our website for this cause. We believe the whole election was rigged.
Thank you for your support.

Albert Howard

http://www.ronpaulwarroom.com/?p=955

http://alberthoward.org

literatim
01-10-2008, 01:39 PM
Bump.

ConstitutionGal
01-10-2008, 01:56 PM
Be very careful about assosicating Dr. Paul with this gentleman.

Found here:
http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071225/NEWS05/712250327/1007

If elected, he would abolish the Internal Revenue Service, the FBI and all taxes. He says he believes the 9/11 planes were part of a government conspiracy.

In 1992, an angel's voice told him he would someday meet Hillary Clinton, run against her for president and she would lose.

So he decided to try it.

phixion
01-10-2008, 02:04 PM
Yeah, be very careful... people need to think before this sort of knee-jerk reaction.

If Ron Paul doesn't see it in his interest for a re-count, I wish people would trust him.

Grass-roots could blow his entire campaign and throw multiple spanners in the works with acts such as these.

Unfortunately most people think they know better than Ron himself...

Pete

McDermit
01-10-2008, 02:09 PM
We can support his effort to get a recount WITHOUT associating RP with him.

Just donate quietly, pass the link along as something you think should happen...

As long as RP himself isn't associated with this, I don't see how it could hurt.

tpreitzel
01-10-2008, 02:14 PM
We can support his effort to get a recount WITHOUT associating RP with him.

Just donate quietly, pass the link along as something you think should happen...

As long as RP himself isn't associated with this, I don't see how it could hurt.

I agree. Albert's willingness to call for a recount helps everyone involved, i.e. the USA, himself, Obama, Paul, etc.

chilledfresh
01-10-2008, 02:16 PM
That guy seems a little... off. I wouldn't send any money his way.

tpreitzel
01-10-2008, 02:19 PM
That guy seems a little... off. I wouldn't send any money his way.

Possibly... I do agree that the process of Albert's call for a recount which includes the funds needs to be VERY transparent and dedicated to that cause alone.

robert4rp08
01-10-2008, 02:19 PM
his website is scary

literatim
01-10-2008, 02:21 PM
Who cares who he is or what he believes? He wants a recount and that is good enough for me. I wouldn't care if it was Huckabee calling for a recount, I would stay cheer.

Onyx
01-10-2008, 02:29 PM
So ....... How much does he need? Do we have to fund his campaign directly?

Onyx
01-10-2008, 02:42 PM
Bump

Kotin
01-10-2008, 02:45 PM
we should support him. bump

"the enemy of my enemy is my friend"

Esor
01-10-2008, 02:48 PM
This is on a personal basis, guys. If you want to donate for a recount, go ahead. It would cause no harm to the Revolution.

Onyx
01-10-2008, 02:50 PM
I can't find anything relating to a recount on his website......

marcus3x
01-10-2008, 02:50 PM
ron paul should've stepped up to the plate to have this done by holding a press conference while it is hot. The more time goes by the little attention it will receive.

Onyx
01-10-2008, 02:56 PM
How much time would it take to get a recount? No sense in getting one if it will take it passed super tuesday. The point of a recount is to show fraud and influence voters.

phixion
01-10-2008, 03:01 PM
ron paul should've stepped up to the plate to have this done by holding a press conference while it is hot. The more time goes by the little attention it will receive.

Ron Paul has no intentions of losing this election.

THAT IS WHY HE ISN'T TOUCHING THE ISSUE AT ALL.

He's smarter than that and isn't one for knee-jerk ill-thought out reactions.

If you care about Ron Paul's campaign, you will all drop this matter and observe the rest of the election and how it all plays out.

Regards,

Pete

Onyx
01-10-2008, 03:01 PM
Ref: http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080110/NEWS06/80110061

Albert Howard, would-be presidential contender from Ann Arbor, said today he has discussed a recount of the Republican vote in Tuesday’s primary in New Hampshire with the secretary of state’s office, and plans to fly to New Hampshire by the end of the day Friday to pay the required fee and start the recount.

Howard, one of 42 so-called minor candidates in the primary, received 44 votes in the primary, according to the official tally. But at one point during the night’s vote counting, Howard said his tally was over 170 votes, making him wonder what happened.

Howard said today that he discussed his recount request with William Gardner, the secretary of state. Howard must pay a $2,000 fee to start the recount process, but the costs could be much higher, he said. He must pay all the associated costs, which includes police who would go with the ballot counters to each county. “I’ve got backers who will pay the costs,” Howard said.

Gardner was not immediately available today. A secretary said Howard must pay the fee and make his formal request tomorrow by 5 p.m. to trigger the recount. The recount would be of every candidate on the Republican ballot, not just the votes cast for Howard, she said.

Howard, a chauffeur for Checker Sedan and father of eight, paid $1,000 to be on the New Hampshire ballot as a Republican presidential candidate. He is not on the ballot in any other states, most of which, like Michigan, require petitions signed by several thousand voters to get a candidate’s name on the ballot.

Sentinelrv
01-10-2008, 03:14 PM
I put it on DIGG here...

http://www.digg.com/2008_us_elections/Plans_to_Pay_for_RECOUNT_of_NH_Republican_Primary_ Underway

Esor
01-10-2008, 03:32 PM
If you care about Ron Paul's campaign, you will all drop this matter and observe the rest of the election and how it all plays out.

I disagree. The reason Paul is not pursuing this is because it costs MONEY! Money that can be better used winning elections in another state. If a different candidate chooses to pursue a recount, power to them. A recount will not hurt the campaign and it could possibly help it. It is on a personal basis whether someone wants to donate towards a recount and has nothing to do with "care about Ron Paul's campaign."

RP=RonPaul=RedPill
01-10-2008, 05:50 PM
bump