PDA

View Full Version : Dennis Kucinich endorses Ron Paul for president- Confirmed?

KewlRonduderules
01-10-2008, 12:47 PM
Take a look here:

http://www.presstv.ir/detail.aspx?id=38222&sectionid=3510203

Ron Paul, US Eagle's second wing

Presidential candidate Dennis Kucinich endorses Congressman Ron Paul, suggesting he may be exactly what the US administration needs.

Kucinich said the libertarian-leaning Republican can provoke debate on important issues to help America strengthen its position.

When asked who he would choose as his running mate if nominated, the Democrat mentioned Ron Paul describing him as a person of integrity, vision, and courage.

He then pointed to the glass etching of the American eagle in the US House of Representatives and said the administration is also in need of two wings to fly, a right wing and a left wing.

Kucinich said his foreign policy is very similar to that of Ron Paul's, adding that he does not want his party to just represent unilateral politics.

Democrat candidate Dennis Kucinich, who opposed the war authorization bill five years ago, has repeatedly warned against launching a military attack on the Islamic Republic of Iran.

Rangeley
01-10-2008, 12:49 PM
PressTV is not a credible source. He hasnt endorsed him, hes still running himself afterall. Though I beleive the floating of the VP idea did occur.

Truth Warrior
01-10-2008, 12:50 PM
Thanks for the endorsement, Dennis!

JohnCrabtree
01-10-2008, 01:01 PM
I hope I don't offend anyone here, but do you really think an endorsement from dennis would help us win the republican nomination? He is a true believer in Communism. Yes He is extremely anti-Iraq War, but other than that him and the doctor see eye to eye on NO domestic issues.

I guess that the Lieberman endorsement helped MCCain, even tho I figured it would be a kiss of death.

mortepa
01-10-2008, 01:02 PM
It would certainly help in Michigan! :-)

SteveMartin
01-10-2008, 01:05 PM
Ron Paul has commented on his admiration for Dennis publicly on at least 2 occasions in thiis election cycle.

Exponent
01-10-2008, 01:07 PM
I hope I don't offend anyone here, but do you really think an endorsement from dennis would help us win the republican nomination? He is a true believer in Communism. Yes He is extremely anti-Iraq War, but other than that him and the doctor see eye to eye on NO domestic issues.

I guess that the Lieberman endorsement helped MCCain, even tho I figured it would be a kiss of death.
Some people (standard Republicans, no less) are worried that Paul wouldn't be able to win against a Democrat in the general election. I don't know where they get that idea from, but they do have it stuck in their brain. Being endorsed by a Democrat could help counter this concern. If true, I would suggest that the news not be spread everywhere, but only in a targeted fashion. There are people, as you know, who would look negatively on such news, but I am confident that there is also a significant group of people who would view it positively.

DaddyO
01-10-2008, 01:09 PM
I think he had around 4000 votes in NH. That would of put us in a strong 4th place in the state.

WilliamC
01-10-2008, 01:09 PM
Ron Paul has commented on his admiration for Dennis publicly on at least 2 occasions in thiis election cycle.

Most recently on the Jay Leno show after he was asked which Democrat he would support if he were had to vote for one of them. He answered Kuchnich and got much applause when he said this.

Goeran
01-10-2008, 01:10 PM
Dennis Kucinich endorses Ron Paul for president- Confirmed?

Confirmed! There's even a video on YouTube where you can see Dennis Kucinich talking about this.

Highstreet
It would certainly help in Michigan! :-)

Get ALL Dems in Michigan to vote for Paul.

Their state doesn't get any Dem Delegates anyway.

RPinSEAZ
His endorsement wouldn't help get us Republican votes, but if he did endorse us, the resulting media storm might.

tfelice
01-10-2008, 01:11 PM
More bad news for the campaign. GOP voters do not think highly of a candidate endorsed by one of the most far left members of Congress. Especially one that they consider part of the lunatic fringe.

RPinSEAZ
01-10-2008, 01:12 PM

Confirmed! There's even a video on YouTube where you can see Dennis Kucinich talking about this.

It's not an official endorsement to say you like his policies.

RonPaulFTFW
01-10-2008, 01:13 PM
God i love dennis.

pacelli
01-10-2008, 01:14 PM
More bad news for the campaign. GOP voters do not think highly of a candidate endorsed by one of the most far left members of Congress. Especially one that they consider part of the lunatic fringe.

This certainly proved true in the polls when Lieberman gave his endorsement of McCain.

DAFTEK
01-10-2008, 01:16 PM
utube?

angrydragon
01-10-2008, 01:20 PM
That's not an endorsement.

angrydragon
01-10-2008, 01:24 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmvPI34CGic

Forward to 22:30

blakjak
01-10-2008, 01:51 PM

no