PDA

View Full Version : How to counter the "he can't win" Arguement!

Ron2Win
01-10-2008, 12:42 PM
Very simple:
"Just say, this is not about who can win, this is about the best person for the job."

The who can win argument is a MSM creation to make people vote on a horse instead of a candidate.

BLS
01-10-2008, 12:46 PM
I've found outright laughter is the best method.

When they say he can't win, I usually burst out in uncontrollable laughter, indicating THEY have NO idea what they are talking about.

Then I tell them in a most confident voice "You watch. When it's all said and done, 90% of this country will vote for him. It's going to be a landslide like you've never imagined."

They are usually always left with a giant look of stupification on their faces...wondering why they hadn't hear of him until recently, and begin to get this feeling of being 'left out'.

I just converted a person to support Ron Paul and they dont' even know it.

Bilgefisher
01-10-2008, 12:48 PM
I got told a great answer yesterday. "He can't win if you don't vote for him"

Animalm0ther3
01-10-2008, 12:50 PM
Also I say your vote doesn't swing the election one way or the other, so why not vote for the guy you really want to win?

Kingfisher
01-10-2008, 12:52 PM
You say he doesnt have a chance?.......... Actually he might be Americas LAST chance!!

AlbemarleNC0003
01-10-2008, 12:57 PM
Become a precinct leader today.

https://voters.ronpaul2008.com/grassroots/

tfelice
01-10-2008, 01:01 PM
Very simple:
"Just say, this is not about who can win, this is about the best person for the job."

I'll play devil's advocate here:

No it is not about the best person for the job - it's about selecting the best person from the viable candidates to represent the party in November. Someone will be running on the GOP ticket in November, I would like to have a meaningful say in who that person is.

Highstreet
01-10-2008, 01:07 PM
Very simple:

The who can win argument is a MSM creation to make people vote on a horse instead of a candidate.
He is only unelectable because "you" haven't said you would vote for him yet.

His actions (voting record) qualifies him, and his opponents lies disqualify them.

Ron2Win
01-10-2008, 01:08 PM
I'll play devil's advocate here:

No it is not about the best person for the job - it's about selecting the best person from the viable candidates to represent the party in November. Someone will be running on the GOP ticket in November, I would like to have a meaningful say in who that person is.
So you are just going to waste your vote and vote for anyone?

Highstreet
01-10-2008, 01:08 PM

When they say he can't win, I usually burst out in uncontrollable laughter, indicating THEY have NO idea what they are talking about.

Then I tell them in a most confident voice "You watch. When it's all said and done, 90% of this country will vote for him. It's going to be a landslide like you've never imagined."

They are usually always left with a giant look of stupification on their faces...wondering why they hadn't hear of him until recently, and begin to get this feeling of being 'left out'.

That's pretty good.

Deborah K
01-10-2008, 01:14 PM
People who don't use the internet are often times the ones who say he can't win. Old timers mostly. I hear this a lot.

If everyone who said they liked him but he can't win - voted for him - he'd win! duh!!

WilliamC
01-10-2008, 01:18 PM
Very simple:

They say:

"He can't win"

You say"

"You know, that's exactly what they said about Ronald Reagan and Bill Clinton too, and look where it got them"

tfelice
01-10-2008, 01:20 PM
So you are just going to waste your vote and vote for anyone?

Again devil's advocate:

I don't see it as being a wasted vote. I will chose a candidate from the one's in serious contention that most closely represents my values. I see voting for RP as a wasted vote because he will not win my states primary.

Ok me now:

Here's what most grassroots folks don't get. Grassroots people think RP or nothing - everyone else sucks. GOP primary voters don't see it that way. They pick the best of the bunch, and in most people's minds right now Paul is not in the bunch.

midevilmark
01-10-2008, 01:21 PM
They said the same thing about Slick Willy back in 1992, he only served 8 years. MSM is always so tuned in.

mongoose
01-10-2008, 01:22 PM
Tell them Ford called Regan unelectable: http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,924192,00.html

exformation
01-10-2008, 01:26 PM
or say it's impossible for a pro-war candidate to win a general election because 70%+ of the american public are against the iraq war and think that is an important issue

manny
01-10-2008, 02:31 PM

Yes.

There is nothing inherently "electable" about John McCain and his desire for a 100yr war, or Rudy's lust for a nuclear showdown with Iran or Romney's inability to hold a position for more than 12months etc.

But the media decided very early on who they were going to allow to be "electable". Once they saw he wouldn't rock the boat, Huckabee "warm bath and razor blades" was declared electable.

Of course the one serious guy, proven right repeatedly on such boring subjects as foreign policy, civil liberties and economics is the one painted as an "unelectable".

Well from now on the argument is dead. Ron has:

Outraised the other republicans - and set the all time single day record (more even than any Dem)
Beaten Rudy and Fred in a caucus and primary, respectively
Is rising in the polls

And that's before we get on to his record (exemplary) and ideas (excellent, patriotic, trustworthy).

When someone queries his "electability" the answer should be a strong "Ron is electable and will win". He is anti-war as are most Americans. He is anti-tax as are most Americans. He is against amnesty for illegals as are most Americans. He is for the Constitution as are most Americans. Unelectable? Ha ha:rolleyes:

brumans
01-10-2008, 02:35 PM
He's the only one who CAN win against democrats in the general election.

tfelice
01-10-2008, 04:27 PM
Yes.

There is nothing inherently "electable" about John McCain and his desire for a 100yr war, or Rudy's lust for a nuclear showdown with Iran or Romney's inability to hold a position for more than 12months etc.

But the media decided very early on who they were going to allow to be "electable". Once they saw he wouldn't rock the boat, Huckabee "warm bath and razor blades" was declared electable.

Of course the one serious guy, proven right repeatedly on such boring subjects as foreign policy, civil liberties and economics is the one painted as an "unelectable".

Well from now on the argument is dead. Ron has:

Outraised the other republicans - and set the all time single day record (more even than any Dem)
Beaten Rudy and Fred in a caucus and primary, respectively
Is rising in the polls

And that's before we get on to his record (exemplary) and ideas (excellent, patriotic, trustworthy).

When someone queries his "electability" the answer should be a strong "Ron is electable and will win". He is anti-war as are most Americans. He is anti-tax as are most Americans. He is against amnesty for illegals as are most Americans. He is for the Constitution as are most Americans. Unelectable? Ha ha:rolleyes:

A candidate that has had poor showings in the first three primaries (including the state where he was supposed to do very well in) and is showing low single digit numbers in other states (which are declining) is no longer a viable candidate. Usually, candidates in this situation drop out of the race. In the minds of most GOP voters Paul's name is not even on the ballot.

RonPaulFTFW
01-10-2008, 04:28 PM
I say it doesn't matter, its about my ideals not who is popular.

CelestialRender
01-10-2008, 05:12 PM
The way we counter that argument is by winning. Which we plan to do, shortly.

Constitution Supporter
01-10-2008, 05:42 PM
bump

Constitution Supporter
01-10-2008, 05:52 PM
Also reminds me of a story. We can make a difference. We can win this.
"A man was walking down the beach at sunset. As, he walked along, he saw another man in the distance. He noticed this man kept leaning down, picking up something and throwing it out into the water, again and again. As, he approached even closer, he noticed that the man was picking up starfish that had been washed up on the beach. He was throwing them back into the water, one by one.

Puzzled, he approached the man and said,
"Good Evening. I was wondering what you are doing."

"I'm throwing these starfish back into the ocean. You see, it's low tide and all these starfish have been washed up onto the shore. If, I don't throw them back into the ocean, they'll die up here from lack of oxygen."

"But, there must be thousands of starfish on this beach. You can't possible get to all of them. And, don't you realize this is probably happening on hundreds of beaches all up and down this coast. Can't you see that you can't possibly make a difference?"

The man bent down and picked up yet another starfish, and threw it back into the ocean. With a smile he replied, "Made a difference to that one !!!" "

RON PAUL 2008.

Danny Molina
01-10-2008, 05:59 PM
I got a good one.

Adrian told Rocky "you can't win" after she saw Apollo get killed by Ivan Drago, but guess what? Rocky won!