PDA

View Full Version : I think Paul needs to attack the 100 year war (McCain), Lawyers (Mitt) etc.

crasster1
01-10-2008, 10:51 AM
The other candidates are compelte morons. I really think the good old doc needs to go on the attack.

He needs to actually bring the 9/11 commission report, re-assert what he told Rudy, then bring out a copy of the constitution, read the excerpt about congress declaring war to Mitt / McCain / Huckabee.

He honestly needs to say what the president did is constitutionally illegal, and the other candidates are supporting it wanting to keep the war going.

Seriously, I think it's time he "attacks" by bringing sources. People are idiots, and if he reads it from the actual documents right there on stage, how can they argue?

UtahApocalypse
01-10-2008, 11:00 AM
I agree he needs to get more aggressive.

budafied
01-10-2008, 01:00 PM
The other candidates are compelte morons. I really think the good old doc needs to go on the attack.

He needs to actually bring the 9/11 commission report, re-assert what he told Rudy, then bring out a copy of the constitution, read the excerpt about congress declaring war to Mitt / McCain / Huckabee.

He honestly needs to say what the president did is constitutionally illegal, and the other candidates are supporting it wanting to keep the war going.

Seriously, I think it's time he "attacks" by bringing sources. People are idiots, and if he reads it from the actual documents right there on stage, how can they argue?

yea, idk why he hasn't quoted the 9/11 commission report on the topic of blowback yet. Rather than arguing the principal, he should argue with documented proof, it tends to be more effective.

ThisCharmingAzn
01-10-2008, 01:14 PM
bringing a copy of the constitution on stage would be pretty damn sick. rowned to the max.

shane2
01-10-2008, 01:35 PM
People will best connect with Paul if he leads with detailing problem of, and solutions for, economic woes assaulting them right now and worse coming.

Rising food, energy, taxes, personal debt, etc. are what most people are most sweating.

- Shane

GHoeberX
01-10-2008, 01:38 PM
I agree he needs to get more aggressive.

I agree; as I just wrote in another topic:

And he MUST start going a bit more on the offense, pointing out what McCain, Romney etc. stand for. He should say 'he and he and raised taxes', 'he and he and he voted for the patriot act', 'he and he and he will continue the iraq war'. Even if pointed out already 1000 times, this cannot be stressed often enough.

Ethek
01-10-2008, 01:49 PM
He needs to compare and contrast his own views of the constitution with the crap in the newsletter they are trying to paint him with.

shane2
01-10-2008, 01:50 PM
Contrasting himself with other candidates, I'd also like to see him say;

"You know, you can tell a lot about where a candidate will really stand after the election by simply looking at who is funding him before the election. While I have more active military and veterans supporting me than any other candidate, and with their help raised more money than any candidate in the last quarter, we have no lobby or special interest supporters. If you look at some of the others you'll see where all those lobbyists and big corporations and trial lawyers, etc. are betting they'll be best served."

- Shane

TaiwanGuy
01-10-2008, 02:47 PM
paul needs to quote michael schuerer. say "do you know who michael schuerer is? he was the chief of the CIA's counterterrorism bin laden unit. he probably knows more about the workings of terrorist organizations than any person alive. he said...." and then he should throw out one of these quotes:

I think it's essential that our leaders begin to square with the American people. We are under attack by Islamic militants for what we do in the world -- not for who we are or what we believe in.

Quite simply, American policies in the Islamic world are Osama bin Laden's only indispensable ally. In terms of a future attack on the U.S. or U.S. interests, I believe it's a near certainty. Part of bin Laden's genius is to have maintained an almost exclusive focus on the U.S. in his attacks...

...One of the points that bin Laden makes that has the most resonance in the Islamic world is American support for Muslim tyrannies in places like Egypt, Algeria, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait and most recently Libya. As long as our support for those states continue, bin Laden's support will grow in the Islamic world...

...[It is] absolutely right that our military presence on the Arabian peninsula and in other Muslim countries is a source from which bin Laden draws great support among Muslims...

...I think it would be most interesting to ask the former DCI, Mr. Tenet, whether he told the president before the recent war in Iraq that it would be a very bad idea for the U.S. to occupy Iraq which is the second holiest place in Islam in that it was already perceived as occupying the Arabian Peninsula, the first holiest place in Islam and the Israelis occupied Jerusalem, the third holiest place in Islam. It's a point that should have been made to the president that whatever the threat posed by Saddam and Iraq, the occupation of Iraq along with the other two sanctities (Arabian Peninsula and Jerusalem) would offend the bulk of the world's 1.3 billion Muslims whether or not they supported Osama bin Laden...

homah
01-10-2008, 02:49 PM
bring out a copy of the constitution, read the excerpt about congress declaring war to Mitt / McCain / Huckabee

This would be so sick.

Voluntaryist
01-10-2008, 04:58 PM

+10000000 I wanna see Ron put these bastards in their place. Nobody on that stage can out-argue Ron on the fly. He will RWN them.

marcus3x
01-10-2008, 05:19 PM

RON SHOULD'VE BEEN ATTACKING THE OTHER CANDIDATES ABOUT 8 DEBATES AGO. POOR CAMPAIGN STRATEGY.

Independent Operator
01-10-2008, 05:25 PM
This would be so sick.

then ask them if they understand english.

kaberUSA
01-10-2008, 06:25 PM
yea, idk why he hasn't quoted the 9/11 commission report on the topic of blowback yet. Rather than arguing the principal, he should argue with documented proof, it tends to be more effective.

Yea, I sent a message to the HQ mentioning it.

HE needs to bring up the commission report and go into attack mode

ThisCharmingAzn
01-10-2008, 06:45 PM
then ask them if they understand english.

then he can quote pulp fiction :cool:

sharedvoice
01-10-2008, 06:54 PM

lol that would be awesome if he walked up to Rudy on stage and put a copy of the 911 commission report right on the podium. Live on television. LOL

Vizacar
01-10-2008, 06:59 PM
...then bring out a copy of the constitution, read the excerpt about congress declaring war to Mitt / McCain / Huckabee....

He should do one better. Read from one, then reach in his pocket and grab 5 for all the others! :D