PDA

View Full Version : Time to petition Governor Sanford for an endorsement following SC debate!

kipload
01-10-2008, 10:25 AM
This is too important! From what I have gathered Mark Sanford and Ron Paul were close allies in the House and he is now the governor of South Carolina. Let's see if we can make something happen. PLEASE MAKE IT SHORT, SWEET, AND TO THE POINT.

You may contact Governor Mark Sanford by sending him a letter to the following address:

Mailing Address:
Governor Mark Sanford
Office of the Governor
P.O. Box 12267
Columbia, SC 29211
Fax: 803-734-5167

You may also contact the Governor's Office at 803-734-2100
e-mail: http://www.scgovernor.com/contact/email/default.htm

MJfromCT
01-10-2008, 12:08 PM
Sanford is screwing the pooch on this one. He has the opportunity to be the torch bearer of this movement for a smaller, constitutional govt. which he advocates and yet he remains silent.

Jimmy
01-10-2008, 12:19 PM
This is too important! From what I have gathered Mark Sanford and Ron Paul were close allies in the House and he is now the governor of South Carolina. Let's see if we can make something happen. PLEASE MAKE IT SHORT, SWEET, AND TO THE POINT.

You may contact Governor Mark Sanford by sending him a letter to the following address:

Mailing Address:
Governor Mark Sanford
Office of the Governor
P.O. Box 12267
Columbia, SC 29211
Fax: 803-734-5167

You may also contact the Governor's Office at 803-734-2100
e-mail: http://www.scgovernor.com/contact/email/default.htm

Done

Naraku
01-10-2008, 12:32 PM
Remember, Republican officials also count as delegates, so an endorsement from him his also a delegate won.

MJfromCT
01-10-2008, 12:36 PM
Sent email

mikeycapz
01-10-2008, 12:41 PM
sent a email

robertwerden
01-10-2008, 12:43 PM
fax sent

SovereignMN
01-10-2008, 01:04 PM
I thought I read somewhere that hew as in Huckabee's court?

Ethek
01-10-2008, 02:41 PM
I thought I read somewhere that hew as in Huckabee's court?

Yeah Huck as pulled support from the former Gov and maybe another state official.
I could have possibly seen an endorsement with a strong showing in NH, it may have even been agreed upon. I don't see that happening anymore.

Hancock1776
01-10-2008, 02:55 PM
Sent.

asceth
01-10-2008, 11:49 PM
I live in West Columbia, SC and just contacted Mark Sanford. I may try to the "Open Door after 4" policy to get 5 minutes with him if at all possible. Here is what I sent him if people are looking for something to say:

I'd like to start off by applauding your fiscally conservative views Governor Sanford. I must admit that I've only recently gotten more involved in the political process and during that time have become more aware of your views and feel that you represent what the Republican party used to be about with regards to spending, strong State economy and more. I've read your accomplishments and feel that you know how government should work and you practice what you believe and do what you say you will do which is almost unheard of in politics these days.

The purpose of this email/message is to ask you about your possible endorsement of a Republican Candidate. Specifically Ron Paul as I believe you and Ron Paul believe and practice the core values that made this country great. Not only would I think your endorsement of Ron Paul be beneficial to the country but also beneficial to South Carolina by opening the doors for SC to make sure we can continue down our fiscally conservative and strong economic/educational path.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and I hope you have the time to respond as well.

<name>

P.S. It would be amazing when Ron Paul wins the Republican nomination he announces you his VP. I think the combination of you two would be the greatest moment in US history and dubbed as "The President and Vice President that made America great again."

nate895
01-11-2008, 12:41 AM
I hope we can get him, if we do, we can win the state easily.

makrothymia
01-11-2008, 01:06 AM
Email Sent!!!!

AdamKC
01-11-2008, 01:07 AM
Honestly, I'm not sure I want him to endorse Ron Paul. I'd rather have Mark Sanford save his political capital and be "Plan B" in 2012.

Let's face it, the Republicans aren't going to nominate Ron Paul, and the Democrats will win this election. Mark Sanford is a true fiscal conservative, and I am hoping he comes to our rescue four years from now and takes back this party from the big government buffoons that currently have the reigns.

No1ButPaul08
01-11-2008, 02:20 AM
Gov. Sanford needs to understand that if he makes this endorsement he will be the torchbearer for the future. This endorsement would not be forgotten

AdamKC
01-11-2008, 02:29 AM
Gov. Sanford needs to understand that if he makes this endorsement he will be the torchbearer for the future. This endorsement would not be forgotten

He is already a torchbearer for the future. He needs to keep his establishment credentials. Sanford has already voted with Paul repeatedly during his time in Congress. Often he was the only one.

His endorsement of Paul would give RP a boost, but would sink Sanford with the Republican establishment, and eliminate a guy who could legitimately win the whole thing in 2012. It's just not worth it.

Nicketas
01-11-2008, 02:32 AM

mrabon5211
01-11-2008, 10:49 PM
I can say I had the pleasure to vote for Mark Sanford, and I did email and call his office to kindly as for a possible endorsement of Ron Paul. I think his record is long and strong enough that the flak he would get for the endorsement would be forgotten as our movement wins more people over in preparation for 2008 and 2012. After education the vast majority will come around...we just have to spoon feed them so as to not upset there fascist/liberal/empiralistic stomachs.

(Not giving up on the Dr. !! even if I have to write him in!)

AlbemarleNC0003
01-11-2008, 11:54 PM
Thoughts on this? I know he voted yes for fast track and no for withdrawl from WTO.

Dear Governor Sanford,

I am writing to ask that you consider endorsing Republican Representative Ron Paul for the Republican nominee for President. As a former resident of the great state of South Carolina for 21 years, I worked for Delta Mills while attending Chesterfield-Marlboro Technical College. My father was employed for 43 years with Delta Mills in Wallace, SC until he was laid off last year. He was able to secure another job with Galey & Lord in Society Hill, SC soon after. Last Friday, he was told that his job had been terminated. After donating his working life to the textile industry, he has decided to retire at the age of 63.

Please consider a public endorsement for Ron Paul for President. My family and I thank you.