PDA

View Full Version : We REALLY need to figure out why people think mccain is the one who brings troops hom

Dave Wood
01-10-2008, 10:00 AM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=80215

This thread is very telling.

Mccain is doing something very underhanded here and he has to be caught!

My view is he is doing one of two things:

1) He is using robocalls to confuse people somehow. Maybe even push-polling. Dont know. The people he is confusing are obviously not the type to pay attention to politics on tv, newspapers, or direct mail because if they were paying attention, they would know what a war-monger he is.------This is why I think its the telephone

Or.......much worse

2) He goes over to Iraq and lies to the troops, the troops then spread the word and it filters back to their families and towns in the US.

I really hope it isnt number 2, In my eyes, that is pure evil.

We have to research this and figure out how people are getting confused and we have to do in quickly.

Jason726
01-10-2008, 10:03 AM
Or the diebolds sent Rp's votes to Mccain...............

belian78
01-10-2008, 10:16 AM
IMO, it's the "I'll be the one to bring our men/women home with honor" line. which we all know is complete BS, but for the majority...

Dave Wood
01-10-2008, 10:19 AM
The part that gets me is the voters who believe this are saying he is the only republican who wants to bring them home???? Hmmmm who does that sound like?

jake
01-10-2008, 10:20 AM
they think: war hero = smart military mind = will bring the troops home

they need to learn that is is a war HAWK - he thrives off of war, he yearns for the glory days of his youth. John "make it 100 years" McCain is frightening

Mark Rushmore
01-10-2008, 10:21 AM
I agree. It's absurd to be the strongest candidate on one of the most important issues of the election, and lose those issue voters to someone who holds essentially the opposite stance of what those voters believe they are voting for. This is where the campaign should spend some money and go on the offensive to clarify the issue.

pcosmar
01-10-2008, 10:21 AM
The people are STUPID.
Unfortunate, but there it is.

KingTheoden
01-10-2008, 10:24 AM
Or the diebolds sent Rp's votes to Mccain...............

Jason is dead on. McCain 'won' the election care of Diebold. It has nothing to do with people thinking he was going to bring home the troops. We NEED to challenge the election immediately.

Obama clearly had the election stolen as well and a challenge from Ron Paul will force Obama to either challenge as well or show himself to be a total fraud (which he is).

Forget chasing phantoms. We need to secure the vote.

Molly1
01-10-2008, 10:24 AM
Negative ads.

Instead of being negative, make them informative.

Tell people the candidates position on the war:

Hilary--4 years +
Obama-not by 2013
McCain--100 years

RON PAUL--HIS FIRST WEEK IN OFFICE

Dave Wood
01-10-2008, 10:28 AM
You all are not reading that thread----link on top of op. These people VOTED that way. It wasnt machines. For some reason they are believing mccain is the anti-war guy and they go to the polls and vote for him. This is very puzzling and very serious. We should own the anti-war rep vote----whats going on?

Falseflagop
01-10-2008, 10:29 AM
No diebold changed RP votes to McCain votes NO WAY a warmonger wins in NH no way !!

familydog
01-10-2008, 10:31 AM
You all are not reading that thread----link on top of op. These people VOTED that way. It wasnt machines. For some reason they are believing mccain is the anti-war guy and they go to the polls and vote for him. This is very puzzling and very serious. We should own the anti-war rep vote----whats going on?

It's simple, but unfortunate. People are uninformed. It's the campaign and the grassroots job to make them informed. Obviously, in NH, none of us did a very good job.

Thumper
01-10-2008, 10:33 AM
People just aren't so bright. How many people do you talk to that have RP's positions wrong? Same thing, it's just that it benefits McCain.

What they don't understand is that "bring the troops home with honor" means "bring the troops home in caskets".

I think a great commecial to inform people of this would be a pan shot of the flag draped caskets loaded in aircraft, funeral shots, 21 gun salutes, taps playing and a voiceover that says "John McCain said he would bring the troops home with honor. How many more troops does John McCain want to see honored in this way?" Something like that. Unfortunately I have no video making skillz...

Yooper Jo
01-10-2008, 10:51 AM
He is promoting himself as the "outsider" that fights against Washington. People want an outsider, not politics as usual. Here is the ad he is running all day long in Michigan:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvMiHcSjJIU&feature=related
Most people get their info from the TV and don't do much research unless someone gets their attention. It would help if there were some good Dr. Paul ads running.

Molly1
01-10-2008, 10:56 AM

I asked somebody in NH about this.

She said that Mccain got a sympathy vote from the old timers (rep) in NH.

And, then, they regretted it later.

But this is just word of mouth from a local.

Dave Wood
01-10-2008, 10:57 AM
He is promoting himself as the "outsider" that fights against Washington. People want an outsider, not politics as usual. Here is the ad he is running all day long in Michigan:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvMiHcSjJIU&feature=related
Most people get their info from the TV and don't do much research unless someone gets their attention. It would help if there were some good Dr. Paul ads running.

I had not seen that commercial. It shows how backwards most of our ads are....sad. Hopefully they are getting better.

I still dont see how someone can get "bring the troops home" out of that ad.

azminuteman
01-10-2008, 11:00 AM
To me, anyone who votes for McCain is an enemy of the state.

I voted for the dude in the last election and I regret it.
I voted for Bush in the last election and I sort of regret it only on the point that Bush did what he said and Kerry never stood for anything.
I'm sick and tired of voting for the lesser of 2 evils.