PDA

View Full Version : Blogger posting misconceptions about Ron Paul...

Wendi
07-22-2007, 09:57 PM
We need to clarify some points for this guy. Namely, why Ron Paul chose to vote against bills that seem to be no-brainers.

http://www.xanga.com/ProudToBeAChristianFruitcake/605416701/ron-paul-part-1.html

jblosser
07-22-2007, 10:35 PM
I replied but someone who favors a ban on flag burning is pretty far gone.

Mesogen
07-23-2007, 12:03 AM
Blogger posting misconceptions about Ron Paul...

Get used to it.

Worry about the big boys, mainly liberal and conservative blogs that warp Paul's views. They are seen by thousands and sometimes millions. Some xanga blog is nothing to worry about.

Did you know that if Paul were president, you'd have to pay a monthly police bill? That's the kind of crap I see.

Hmm, but these votes puzzle me.

http://www.xanga.com/ProudToBeAChristianFruitcake/605658236/ron-paul-part-2.html

Voted NO on reforming the UN by restricting US funding.
Reference: United Nations Reform Act; Bill HR 2745 ; vote number 2005-282 on Jun 17, 2005

Voted NO on decreasing gun waiting period from 3 days to 1.
Reference: Bill introduced by McCollum, R-FL; Bill HR 2122 ; vote number 1999-244 on Jun 18, 1999

I don't get it.

ETA: I remember going through his votes one time though. And I remember now seeing some votes that made me say "huh"? I then went and read the actual bills. They are usually named something nice, but then they are laden with all kinds of crap.

jblosser
07-23-2007, 12:17 AM
Some of the time he votes no because the bill doesn't do a full pull out and he doesn't want to even acknowledge that government has the authority to decide if it will be involved. He did this when he voted against extending the ban on taxing the internet. Note, the bill was not to tax, only to extend the ban. He doesn't think the feds have the authority to choose to tax or not tax so he voted the bill down, to deny even the acknowledgement. Those ones are really hard for people to follow.

Wendi
07-24-2007, 08:49 AM
Maybe I should have mentioned this in the first post. I realize there are tons of bloggers out there and we can't waste our time on all of them. I happen to know this one "in real life" :D

EDITED TO ADD:

His latest claim is that the Constitution is incompatible with Christianity... I'm waiting for an explanation of that theory.