PDA

View Full Version : Why Won't There Be 20,000 RP Supporters At The Debate Tonight???

Bossobass
01-10-2008, 09:24 AM
(Copied from my post in another thread)

Ron Paul rules in every category.

Most money raised.
Most contributors.
Most new contributors.
Most grassroots supporters.
Only campaign that grew (besides the free press spikes for McCain and Huckabee, all others went DOWN).
The only real plan to save Soc Sec, which will become insolvent by the end of the next President's term in office.
The only candidate to pledge immediate withdrawal from the ME.
The only candidate with a real plan to stop runaway inflation.
The list goes on and on.

It BREAKS MY HEART that, with the SC primary just 9 days away, that we aren't ALL planning to be at the debate tonight in SC, 20,000 strong.

It's free. It's doable. It will have MAXIMUM impact. It's NOW.

Get the hell in your car and start driving. Bring a sign. Play dress up with your best duds. SWARM South Carolina tonight and let the other South Carolinians see what the press has been hiding from them. Get that stupid blimp in the air over the crowd. Get search lights aimed at it. JAM LIKE THERE'S NO TOMORROW. I DO NOT understand why we aren't on board for this. We spend more time crying about being excluded from a debate and less time BEING AT THE ONE WE ARE INCLUDED IN!!!!!!!

Alas, no one will heed these words. They'll all have a perfectly good reason for staying home tonight, and on Jan 19 we'll all cry that it's over when he gets 5% of the vote.

Major Bummer. Help me out here. Where's the BLIMP? Where's the search lights? Where's the crowd, no, the MASSIVE CROWD? Where's the SEA OF SUPPORT? No money bomb could possibly begin to compare. No idea is easier to implement. ALL OF THE NATIONAL CAMERAS WILL BE THERE. We don't have to call for a press conference. We don't have to advertise.

Where the hell is my Pepto Bismol?????

Bosso

Richie
01-10-2008, 09:25 AM
You make some great points. Where is the freakin' blimp?!?

WilliamC
01-10-2008, 09:26 AM
I'm only 12 hours away...but I can't make it.

If I were 4 hours away though I'd be there.

Bossobass
01-10-2008, 09:27 AM
I'm only 12 hours away...but I can't make it.

If I were 4 hours away though I'd be there.

Are you near an airport? I'll get you a ticket. Get dressed and I'll see you there.

Bosso

Janet0116
01-10-2008, 09:45 AM
Please don't dress like a bunch of kooks. Wear your Ron Paul shirts, not your V for Vendetta masks and tri-cornered hats.

Otherwise, GO! GO! GO!

enjoiskaterguy
01-10-2008, 09:49 AM
I'd go....but I live in California

ronpaulhawaii
01-10-2008, 09:50 AM
I'm still cleaning up in NH but everyone who can needs to GO GO GO.

RP shirts for sure and standard yard signs, we've had enough with the "protest" signs regarding war and taxes, we need to simply show massive numbers of "normal" support

GO GO GO!!!

WilliamC
01-10-2008, 09:50 AM
Are you near an airport? I'll get you a ticket. Get dressed and I'll see you there.

Bosso

That's an extremely generous offer but I must decline. I have family obligations that prevent me from doing such on short notice.

I promise though if Ron Paul does have an event where I can drive to it I will.

One of the Presidential debates is in Oxford, MS. When Ron Paul wins the nomination he will be coming here for that. Perhaps we can meet then.

If you really have the money to do this I would encourage you to try to get people closer to the venue to show up. Gas money, carpooling ect.

Again, thank you very much for your generous offer.

mmink15
01-10-2008, 09:53 AM
I hear your point if I would have thought of it yesterday I could have made it. Shame on me
I encourage everyone nearby to show up, when we did this kind of thing in NH it was the most enjoyable thing, because the news cameras can't hide from massive support.

rfbz
01-10-2008, 09:59 AM
any RP supporters in attendance? Or were the tickets already sold a while back

vroomery
01-10-2008, 10:05 AM
any RP supporters in attendance? Or were the tickets already sold a while back

Someone bought up a bunch of them back when we first found out about the debate. I live about an hour north of SC in wilmington, nc. I'm going to try and find a way to get there, but my family is having some bull crap dinner thing. We'll see.

Bossobass
01-10-2008, 10:07 AM
Myrtle Beach, SC
Thursday January 10th, 2008
7:30PM-12:00PM

Liberty Steakhouse & Brewery
1321 Celebrity Circle (off 21st Avenue North)
Broadway at the Beach
Myrtle Beach, SC 29577

8 big screens indoors and 3 in the outdoor beer garden - Plus it's the LIBERTY steakhouse. The food and drink at the Liberty is great, so plan to eat here to support the hospitality shown to Ron Paul Supporters by the staff and management at the Liberty Steakhouse and Brewery, Broadway at the Beach.

Go to http://www.libertysteakhouseandbrewery.com/locations/ for map and driving directions

Bosso

thehittgirl
01-10-2008, 10:27 AM

RP shirts for sure and standard yard signs, we've had enough with the "protest" signs regarding war and taxes, we need to simply show massive numbers of "normal" support

GO GO GO!!!

Hey you! When are you coming back? We need you...I'm still sort of down for the count, I was in the hospital last month. Needless to say, the medical staff got Pauled. :D

Hurry home :)

Bossobass
01-10-2008, 10:31 AM
The Blimp Will Be There. :D

http://www.ronpaulblimp.com/FlightPlan.php

I have people now trying to get search lights on the scene. If I can swing it, I'll have to confirm with Trevor if it's OK to beam the blimp. I'll pay the costs to get the search lights there if it's possible to get them there and it's OK to beam the blimp.

Bosso

RonPaulFTFW
01-10-2008, 10:31 AM
i have to work tomorrow and have too much to do.

But i will be canvassing in SC soon.

VRP08
01-10-2008, 10:33 AM
If I was single without young kids I'd be there in a heart beat! But it is impossible for me to do that. We do have a TON of young single people here

constituent
01-10-2008, 10:33 AM
bossobass,

this man only comes to rock!

kick azz bosso!

Bossobass
01-10-2008, 10:37 AM

GO GO GO!!!

Great to hear from you, my friend. AWESOME bicycling feat! One belated gigantic tip o' the hat to YOU!

I'll be there. I'm sticking around here in Charlotte to make sure my car is FULL. I'll pick up some homeless people if I have to. :D:):cool:

Those neocons are gonna hear my big mouth a mile away.

Bosso

ronpaulhawaii
01-10-2008, 10:45 AM
Hey you! When are you coming back? We need you...I'm still sort of down for the count, I was in the hospital last month. Needless to say, the medical staff got Pauled. :D

Hurry home :)

Aloha K :)

Sorry to hear about your medical thing, glad you are getting better and happy to hear of your work in the hospital

I'll only be in NY for a day or two then I have to go to SC, will come back for meeting on the 14th and may stay for a while at that point

busy busy

And everyone who can get to SC for the debate

GO GO GO!!!!!!!!!

m

Bossobass
01-10-2008, 11:32 AM
Search Lights Are On Their Way!!! I'm trying to confirm the flight plan for a night time fly over. WHAM! A beam of light on the blimp! A-W-E-S-O-M-E.

RON PAUL HAS IT ALL!

My vehicle is FULL.

See you all there in a few hours. :cool:

Bosso

dshields
01-10-2008, 11:39 AM
This is good stuff! Have fun folks, I will be looking for evidence of your presence on the debate :)

mconder
01-10-2008, 11:39 AM
i have to work tomorrow and have too much to do.

But i will be canvassing in SC soon.

Call in sick. I would.

amy31416
01-10-2008, 11:57 AM
(Copied from my post in another thread)

Get the hell in your car and start driving. Bring a sign. Play dress up with your best duds. SWARM South Carolina tonight and let the other South Carolinians see what the press has been hiding from them. Get that stupid blimp in the air over the crowd. Get search lights aimed at it. JAM LIKE THERE'S NO TOMORROW. I DO NOT understand why we aren't on board for this. We spend more time crying about being excluded from a debate and less time BEING AT THE ONE WE ARE INCLUDED IN!!!!!!!

Where the hell is my Pepto Bismol?????

Bosso

This is a fantastic idea that, unfortunately, we need more notice for. If we could plan a get-together that could somehow include a large percentage of RP supporters (do we have any idea of our actual numbers?) to come together at one time, in one place. It'd certainly destroy the notion that we are a bunch of spammers or a bunch of neo-nazis.

Think strategically, where, when and how could we do this?

It seems that our ideas are not coming to fruition without a leader to organize (we need more Trevor Lymans. Remember the "weareronpaul" website idea? It's gone nowhere. The only idea I've thought made sense lately is the local newspaper ad that's stickied.

That being said, I know myself and my own flaws. I would not make a great leader, but I'd be one hell of a great supporter if there was someone who I respected leading up an effort.

Who here will pick up the gauntlet? Who here is motivated, smart and savvy? Who is persistent, yet principled? Who has the means?

We can do it, but we need organization and leadership.

fuzzybekool
01-10-2008, 11:59 AM
I don't know. I drove 15 hours from Chicago to be here, and sadly I Have not seen any Ron Paul activity around Myrtle Beach for the past few days.

Dr. Paul is supposed to be at Joe's Crab Shack here at the Broadway on the Beach place at 3:30 pm Eastern time, and I am heading there now to see if they have WIFI. IF they do, I will try to stream it live on Justin.tv - fuzzybekool is my channel name.

wgadget
01-10-2008, 12:08 PM
Last I heard, the tickets to this debate started at $150...That's not free.

polexi
01-10-2008, 12:16 PM
I'm 8 hours away. :(

Cindy
01-10-2008, 12:16 PM
I don't know. I drove 15 hours from Chicago to be here, and sadly I Have not seen any Ron Paul activity around Myrtle Beach for the past few days.

Dr. Paul is supposed to be at Joe's Crab Shack here at the Broadway on the Beach place at 3:30 pm Eastern time, and I am heading there now to see if they have WIFI. IF they do, I will try to stream it live on Justin.tv - fuzzybekool is my channel name.

No signs, sign wave rally's, RP decked out cars, nothing?

Are there any RP meetup groups in that area?

Ou of curiousity, has there been activity or signage for anyone in that area?

Bossobass
01-10-2008, 12:30 PM

Firstly...BLESS YOUR HEART FOR THE LONG DRIVE, MY FRIEND :)

Here is the info for the Charleston, SC HQ:

Office Ph# 843-225-6961
FAX 843-225-6950
1951 Belgrade Ave
Charleston, SC 29407

Also, the contact info for the events today in Myrtle Beach are posted earlier in the thread.

I spoke to some people I know who are down there and I will get some feedback from them ASAP. Check back here and I'll post info, or call me at 704.281.2367 and give me you contact info.

RP is scheduled for a meet and greet at 3:30-4:30. If there are indeed only a few people there, LUCKY YOU! You'll get plenty of one-on-one with the Congressman.

Back shortly.,,

Bosso

ronpaulhawaii
01-10-2008, 12:58 PM
Great to hear from you, my friend. AWESOME bicycling feat! One belated gigantic tip o' the hat to YOU!

I'll be there. I'm sticking around here in Charlotte to make sure my car is FULL. I'll pick up some homeless people if I have to. :D:):cool:

Those neocons are gonna hear my big mouth a mile away.

Bosso

LOL- and thanks, couldn't have done it without y'all :)

Search Lights Are On Their Way!!! I'm trying to confirm the flight plan for a night time fly over. WHAM! A beam of light on the blimp! A-W-E-S-O-M-E.

RON PAUL HAS IT ALL!

My vehicle is FULL.

See you all there in a few hours. :cool:

Bosso

Fantastic, I'll be there in a few days, too bad I couldn't make it tonight

People are on their way for groundwork, and anyone who can make the debate needs to GO GO GO

:D

Ranger29860
01-10-2008, 01:07 PM

Bosso

i just looked at tickets 800 dollars sorry can better support in better ways with that cash :P

DAFTEK
01-10-2008, 01:14 PM
Great idea :D I wish i can come too but short notice i cant get of work, im in iowa so im too far to drive :(

Bump

coffeewithchess
01-10-2008, 01:19 PM
According to a Google search, South Carolina has a population of over 4million, if RP is polling at just 4% there according to some "latest poll". That would mean there should be at least around 100,000 to 160,000 RP supporters in SC. If SC doesn't pull this debate together, there is little hope for that state.
Way back in May at the FIRST Fox Debate in Columbia, SC, if it had not been for us driving from NC and a guy from Tennessee there basically would have been nobody standing on the street corner with RP signs. I was the guy holding the yellow RP Revolution sign in this video, http://youtube.com/watch?v=G7d_e9lrcZ8. It is my estimate that there were more RP supporters at the May debate from NC than there were from SC.

Bossobass
01-10-2008, 01:28 PM
I just got off the phone with Catherine (THANKS FOR YOUR AMAZING WORK, YOUNG LADY!!!).

The blimp will be there. It will be hovering at 1,000 feet.

The searchlights are on the way there.

It's permitted and will be beaming the blimp tonight!!! :eek:

National media is on the scene and reporting, as well as local coverage.

For anyone needing info, the man on the scene with all of the details is:

Chapell

Thanks to Amanda Moore and her great team in Charleston, SC, especially Allison :cool:

Anyone who can possibly be there...BE THERE!

Bosso

Drknows
01-10-2008, 01:31 PM
I just got off the phone with Catherine (THANKS FOR YOUR AMAZING WORK, YOUNG LADY!!!).

Chapell

Thanks to Amanda Moore and her great team in Charleston, SC, especially Allison :cool:

Bosso

OH hell YES!!!! COME ON GUYS MAKE A STAND!!!!!!

SHOW THEM ITS NOT OVER ITS ONLY JUST BEGUN!!!

Jeremy
01-10-2008, 01:33 PM
I agree. The problem with the other debates is that... we weren't there!

Bossobass
01-10-2008, 01:33 PM
According to a Google search, South Carolina has a population of over 4million, if RP is polling at just 4% there according to some "latest poll". That would mean there should be at least around 100,000 to 160,000 RP supporters in SC. If SC doesn't pull this debate together, there is little hope for that state.
Way back in May at the FIRST Fox Debate in Columbia, SC, if it had not been for us driving from NC and a guy from Tennessee there basically would have been nobody standing on the street corner with RP signs. I was the guy holding the yellow RP Revolution sign in this video, http://youtube.com/watch?v=G7d_e9lrcZ8. It is my estimate that there were more RP supporters at the May debate from NC than there were from SC.

Actually, it was the 2nd debate. :)

Click on my sig, you are there in pics I took that night. (Remember the police restricted us to being on the curb only, and said I couldn't walk into the street to take photos without a press badge? Hah. Nice try, copper.)

Thanks for being there...then and since, my friend.

Bosso

GHoeberX
01-10-2008, 01:34 PM

Chapell

Bosso

Good work Bosso! :) I can't wait till the debate

free.alive
01-10-2008, 01:45 PM
Because they should all be out canvassing and finding precinct leaders.

http://voters.ronpaul2008.com/grassrootscentral.test/menu.php